Boundary Park buy out

16 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Besides the Premier Inn an hotel is planned at the magistrates court slap bang in the town centre so this idea makes no sense to me. Why would  these city businesses prefer this hotel to the others and those outside Oldham - including the many in Manchester?

BP - Manchester attracts an awful lot of visiting businessmen/women (and tourists). City centre hotel prices are often expensive (the cost of land is so much dearer). The people who do hotel bookings on behalf of businesses often look to the fringes of the city to save money. With our proximity to the motorway network, we are ideally located to appeal to such people, as access to the city is also relatively easy.

Edited by wiseowl
equality

41 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

He left because the job wasn’t what he wanted. The position of manager was no longer available (a position which would include signing of players). The position offered was Head Coach. If a director or chairman or Head of Football or whoever then signs players, that isn’t interference. I know folk want to promote is that...but it isn’t. That is club policy now. Just like how Ole at the scum won’t sign players or Klopp at Liverpool etc. Fans still haven’t got their heads around the fact the club has moved to that style. Which AL is perfectly entitled to do. Considering AL and whoever he may have as backers is putting in the money to do this, for now, they deserve time to see how it pans out. Promotion in 2yrs he said right? Let’s see it then. 

No doubt this European player recruitment model is being more widely adopted, but does somebody tell solskjaer and Klopp which players they can pick for the starting 11? I doubt it.

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Besides the Premier Inn an hotel is planned at the magistrates court slap bang in the town centre so this idea makes no sense to me. Why would  these city businesses prefer this hotel to the others and those outside Oldham - including the many in Manchester?

You are aware that things get built where other similar things exist all the time aren’t you?

It’s how Tesco have taken over the world 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

They might not sit around the negotiating table and draw up the contracts, but If you think Ollie & Klopp dont pick the players they want you are deluded.

Banide will have no say in recruitment at all...do you really think Vera, Eagles and Sefil would be his preferred choices?

If he starts Vera, Eagles and Sefil at Forest Green I'll believe you 100%.

Presuming he doesn't will give us some hope. 

3 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

You are aware that things get built where other similar things exist all the time aren’t you?

It’s how Tesco have taken over the world 

So do white elephants.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

No interference but the guy who had been offered a contract without Scholes' knowledge came straight into the team upon his departure...

I think most of us agree with Scholes assessment of this player.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Some good, some questions.  

I’ll get the moan out of the way first.  Considering one of the three is supposed to be in PR, he doesn’t seem to understand how to run a positive and grown up campaign (I guess that’s the way these days). Having PWild there to trot out the same old accusations and “woe is me” was a mistake for me.  It is pointless and was irrelevant in the context of the event. The FLG is on a journey regardless of the past, good or bad.  It just serves to wind up the other side and potentially divide the fan base further.  

Please don’t say you are happy to negotiate and at the same time have the event as a mouthpiece for someone to stick the boot in. Move on.  Don’t play to the crowd. Don’t be cocky. Take the high morale ground, be better than them, just deliver on what you say you are going to do in a professional and serious manner.  Have a word with the two Simons and tell them to wind their necks in on social media, it’s a basic that any company would insist upon.

I’m comforted and relieved that it’s not just the builder and the two Simon's. Those three simply don’t have the funds to splash out £7m.  Thank god there are others involved is all I will say on that as if it was just those three it would be a major problem imo.  (Don’t insult my intelligence by stating you are doing it for nothing either)

So the other people, who still don’t want to be named, must have some serious cash, good.  They want to remain anonymous, not so good... but we will have to respect that... for now.  But it shouldn’t go on a minute longer than it needs to.  It’s VERY counter productive to be secretive, it gives room to rumour and accusations.  Anyone got any ideas why someone would need to be incognito in this? Is getting involved in Latics THAT controversial?

I’m also a bit puzzled why they didn’t move on this earlier and I’m a bit puzzled why they aren’t trying to buy the club. The timing and the approach does raise a question about their funding. Is this the approach because they need an asset to raise funds against.  In other words,  are they having to mortgage the ground to buy it?  Was that covered at the meeting? 

Anyhow. They seem to have a decent plan, but they will need to deliver on it quickly and visibly  to win over the whole fan base.  I’ll certainly support them if it begins to comes through, but I’ll also support the team on the pitch.  

One question. How does just the North Stand generate £500k a year for the club from match day activity?  Have I misread that?  I’m sure those ‘in the know’ on here told me we made “feck all” from it and it was a “white elephant”😁

The income elephant is based on projections, they didn’t give detail. 

Rent from Glogym and the top floor which is going to be rented (I’d wager to a business run by Simon Wood expected to bring in £100K+PA) are two sources

It is not being funded by debt, so there will not be loan repayments to take against this 

48 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Klopp has no say in which players are recruited? Ok.

These models work by a head coach saying “we need a centre back” or “we need a striker” etc. They’ll probably suggest a player but ultimately there’s at least 1 person above who selects who the player is that’s signed. At Liverpool, it is someone the Fenway group have appointed. At ours, I’m sure Banide will suggest where we need to strengthen. Then AL or ML will go out and get them. Very similar to how Corney used to get players like Montano in and how Barry chased Hughes and Evans. It’s like this is something new 🙄

27 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

£500k is probably the figure the club makes out of selling the hospitality, 100 club season tickets and the remainder of the other season tickets and pay on the dayers, I wouldn't say its profit or indeed money made exclusively from that stand because surely fans would just relocate if the stand was to shut, I also don't understand the drama surrounding the catering contracts, at yesterdays game it was frankly a piss take what was on offer, do the OEC/FLG hold sway over the catering as well then?

I thought he FLG and OEC sorted all catering

24 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

No doubt this European player recruitment model is being more widely adopted, but does somebody tell solskjaer and Klopp which players they can pick for the starting 11? I doubt it.

PW said that had stopped happening. Scholes said it happened once (it still

shouldn’t have) but to me, the lesson has been learned. AL has admitted his made some mistakes. Folk gave Corney over a decade of them. I’m prepared to give time to AL longer than 18mths. I think others should but the tipping point was a ginger guy who was clueless about managing. Couldn’t make it up 🙈

1 minute ago, boundaryblue80 said:

PW said that had stopped happening. Scholes said it happened once (it still

shouldn’t have) but to me, the lesson has been learned. AL has admitted his made some mistakes. Folk gave Corney over a decade of them. I’m prepared to give time to AL longer than 18mths. I think others should but the tipping point was a ginger guy who was clueless about managing. Couldn’t make it up 🙈

PW said to me directly and I quote:-

'Corney was a cunt, but this guy is a million times bigger cunt'. 

That's why he couldn't wait to get away.  

18 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

The income elephant is based on projections, they didn’t give detail. 

Rent from Glogym and the top floor which is going to be rented (I’d wager to a business run by Simon Wood expected to bring in £100K+PA) are two sources

It is not being funded by debt, so there will not be loan repayments to take against this 

Not only that. Money from the new fans bar and new company using the other space in the stand. 

Should be earning money 365 days a year rather than now where it earns next to nothing. 

BB, You’re talking shite....Ollie & Klopp pick the players then the DOF / SD do the deals which, by the way, is far removed from the business model at BP!

Edited by oafc1955

3 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

These models work by a head coach saying “we need a centre back” or “we need a striker” etc. They’ll probably suggest a player but ultimately there’s at least 1 person above who selects who the player is that’s signed. At Liverpool, it is someone the Fenway group have appointed. At ours, I’m sure Banide will suggest where we need to strengthen. Then AL or ML will go out and get them. Very similar to how Corney used to get players like Montano in and how Barry chased Hughes and Evans. It’s like this is something new 🙄

Why do you keep conflating this issue???

No one is saying it’s new, or he isn’t allowed to recruit. Or that having a transfer committee or recommendations is new or wrong. 

The issue is wether he calls the person in the dugout a manager or a head coach, AL/Mo are picking the team. 

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Why do you keep conflating this issue???

No one is saying it’s new, or he isn’t allowed to recruit. Or that having a transfer committee or recommendations is new or wrong. 

The issue is wether he calls the person in the dugout a manager or a head coach, AL/Mo are picking the team. 

No so, according to Pete Wild after his 2nd spell as manager 👍🏻

Horses mouth and all that. 

£7m is a lot of money to raise. 

Can't see a fans' share issue raising too much in reality but I note it's been mentioned that money is being put in by other FLG investors.

Even if borrowing, say, £5million over 20 years (at 4%), it gives principal/interest repayments of £364k per year, which takes some servicing. Let's hope it comes off and is really successful because any lender will, of course, have security in place against the lend.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

No so, according to Pete Wild after his 2nd spell as manager 👍🏻

Horses mouth and all that. 

Seems to have changed his mind on that according to yesterday. Is he lying now or was he lying on the radio?

Just now, deyres42 said:

Seems to have changed his mind on that according to yesterday. Is he lying now or was he lying on the radio?

Pete Wild said in the radio Manc interview that they didn’t interfere during his second spell.

When discussing the 2019/20 season they made it clear to him that their intention was to appoint a head coach and for them to deal with recruitment.

He couldn’t work under those circumstances and left.

Why are some fans looking to paint him as a liar?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:

Pete Wild said in the radio Manc interview that they didn’t interfere during his second spell.

When discussing the 2019/20 season they made it clear to him that their intention was to appoint a head coach and for them to deal with recruitment.

He couldn’t work under those circumstances and left.

Why are some fans looking to paint him as a liar?

Thought he left for personal reasons?

I don't think hes a liar, just don't think we have to accept as gospel something that was said on the radio.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Thought he left for personal reasons?

I don't think hes a liar, just don't think we have to accept as gospel something that was said on the radio.

Many people know him personally and he never held back what his feelings were.

Obviously at the time, to people he didn't know or the media, he had a different opinion. 

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

A hotel would make commercial sense. Manchester is booming and room occupancy rate at a "Latics' Hotel" in such close proximity to the city centre would be healthy.

In addition, a quality hotel, with conference facilities, would attract other business clientele who would use the on-site facilities (i.e. as well as those using it as a base for conducting business in the city).

Hmmm. A stroll around the northern quarter, perhaps a bit of Tapas at Evuna, and a few drink at some trendy bars in the centre and Spinningfields... or a chippy on Rochdale Road of an all you can eat in a Harvester followed  by a pint in a pub that’s seen better days. I’m thinking businessmen or holidaymakers might opt for the first option. 

• Like 1