Boundary Park buy out

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

£500k is probably the figure the club makes out of selling the hospitality, 100 club season tickets and the remainder of the other season tickets and pay on the dayers, I wouldn't say its profit or indeed money made exclusively from that stand because surely fans would just relocate if the stand was to shut, I also don't understand the drama surrounding the catering contracts, at yesterdays game it was frankly a piss take what was on offer, do the OEC/FLG hold sway over the catering as well then?

Ticket sales? That’s not theirs surely? 

1 hour ago, OAFC1984 said:

You are aware that things get built where other similar things exist all the time aren’t you?

It’s how Tesco have taken over the world 

The FLG aren’t Tesco. They aren’t even Kwik Save. 

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

My point was that's the value to the club and maybe where they are plucking that figure from.

Well thats bullshit then. If I don’t go in the North I will still go in another stand so it’s not lost revenue to the club. Please god that’s not what they meant. That would be taking us for fools. 

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Hmmm. A stroll around the northern quarter, perhaps a bit of Tapas at Evuna, and a few drink at some trendy bars in the centre and Spinningfields... or a chippy on Rochdale Road of an all you can eat in a Harvester followed  by a pint in a pub that’s seen better days. I’m thinking businessmen or holidaymakers might opt for the first option. 

I stayed round that area on Deansgate a few weeks ago and would have murdered for pudding, chips and gravy.

11 minutes ago, Fanny Adams said:

Many people know him personally and he never held back what his feelings were.

Obviously at the time, to people he didn't know or the media, he had a different opinion. 

No problem with that.

It is more BB80's insistence that we take this radio interview as conclusive proof of no interference.

Edited by deyres42
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

£500k is probably the figure the club makes out of selling the hospitality, 100 club season tickets and the remainder of the other season tickets and pay on the dayers, I wouldn't say its profit or indeed money made exclusively from that stand because surely fans would just relocate if the stand was to shut, I also don't understand the drama surrounding the catering contracts, at yesterdays game it was frankly a piss take what was on offer, do the OEC/FLG hold sway over the catering as well then?

So this £500k is just a finger in the air figure. It might come from here, it might come from there etc. Even if the whole stand was fully operational every day of the year it might not pull in anything like that, but some seem to be taking it as gospel that AL's turning the money away. He's a dick, of that I've no doubt, but figures shouldn't just be made up to make hime look an even bigger one.

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

No problem with that.

It is more BB80's insistence that we take this radio interview as conclusive proof of no interference.

It helps plug the agenda.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Hmmm. A stroll around the northern quarter, perhaps a bit of Tapas at Evuna, and a few drink at some trendy bars in the centre and Spinningfields... or a chippy on Rochdale Road of an all you can eat in a Harvester followed  by a pint in a pub that’s seen better days. I’m thinking businessmen or holidaymakers might opt for the first option. 

Lol I get your point kow - but nowadays a lot of business people don't get the choice where to stay - their firms often contract out travel/accomm booking to an agency (who are told to keep cost down) - get on that agencies preferred list (i.e. via competitive rate) and bingo, chips, peas and gravy it is 😀

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Lol I get your point kow - but nowadays a lot of business people don't get the choice where to stay - their firms often contract out travel/accomm booking to an agency (who are told to keep cost down) - get on that agencies preferred list (i.e. via competitive rate) and bingo, chips, peas and gravy it is 😀

exactly this last two firms  i drove for one the boss did the hotel bookings so premier it was with all the other transient workers (plumbers sparkys chippys etc ) based there for the week . tuther firm drivers given a company card and we would book it ourselves usualy  Best Western  occasional a radison  so in with the managers and tourists . plenty of travel lodge premier in types localy  but other than the large village hotel at A-U-L  can think of many upper grade chains localy  a gap in the market to be exploited .

22 minutes ago, peanuts said:

exactly this last two firms  i drove for one the boss did the hotel bookings so premier it was with all the other transient workers (plumbers sparkys chippys etc ) based there for the week . tuther firm drivers given a company card and we would book it ourselves usualy  Best Western  occasional a radison  so in with the managers and tourists . plenty of travel lodge premier in types localy  but other than the large village hotel at A-U-L  can think of many upper grade chains localy  a gap in the market to be exploited .

I suppose It would be handy to have a Malmaison grade hotel at BP for the overseas signings to stay.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

One of the biggest problems fans had was AL telling PW what players to play. 

PW made it clear in a radio interview, after leaving the club, that it had stopped. I don’t see the issue with highlighting this fact. As someone who thinks AL deserves time to correct his ways, it isn’t right that those who want to slate him at any given opportunity still use this when its a  positive thing that he’s stopped doing it. Folk too blinkered to see that.

Next up, he needs to start paying pensions properly, tell his brother to wind his neck in, be more open about the books and add a couple of CBs, a midfielder and a striker. 

I'm amazed to be honest Ross that you are giving him the benefit of any doubt. He has got almost nothing right and the vast majority of things disastrously wrong. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, JohnnyPimp said:

Pete Wild said in the radio Manc interview that they didn’t interfere during his second spell.

When discussing the 2019/20 season they made it clear to him that their intention was to appoint a head coach and for them to deal with recruitment.

He couldn’t work under those circumstances and left.

Why are some fans looking to paint him as a liar?

Exactly this. 

Also this slagging off of his ex-employer stuff. I wasn’t at the meeting so can only go off what I’ve read but it doesn’t look to me that he’s purposefully slagged off AL yesterday at all. He was asked why he didn’t take the job and he gave his reasons - it wouldn’t be a Pete wild team due to him not having full autonomy. That’s just a fact.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

if they think they can get their hands on £7million then why aren't they buying the fucking team first? You don't know how long term the club will have left if AL completely fucks things up. No point having a £7m car park and stand with a team playing Sunday League.

how anyone thinks looking to buy that first and in the mean time rubbing it in AL's face you're after taking over his club is a good idea is beyond me

You've got member of the FLG calling the owners of the club wankers on facebook. They had PW in as guest speaker at their "launch night" that was a big fuck you to AL as well. Their aim is to get his club. Why the fuck would he want to negotiate with them?

if someone was clearly wanting to take something of yours, would you sit and be nice as pie with them?

you were of the mindset that anyone was better than Corney, pretty sure you were also part of the "relegation will rejuvenate the club" brigade.

my point was always SC fucked some things up. He also wasn't to blame for every last thing and better the devil you know

7 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Which bits do you disagree with then?

7 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I'm off to play golf. 

Seen as you've finished golf, enlighten me with what it is I said above that you disagree with and why...

10 minutes ago, Fanny Adams said:

Did anyone ask PW what the fuck happened at Exeter?

Pete Wild at FLG #oafc 3/4 Exeter bullied us, that's one problem with our team. other managers said after the games, we just felt if we get amongst you, you can't hack it. And that's what happened

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'm amazed to be honest Ross that you are giving him the benefit of any doubt. He has got almost nothing right and the vast majority of things disastrously wrong. 

He'll be starting a thread, asking people what they have against him next. Lags style 😊

9 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Seen as you've finished golf, enlighten me with what it is I said above that you disagree with and why...

OK.  It's only guesswork - can't be anything else - but my guess is that they have concluded that with AL in charge the club is knackered and it will fall into admin at some stage so they are tryingto position it to have a chance of survival when that happens.  He has ignored repeated attempts to discuss the terms of his club's use of their facilities (according to their public statement) on several occasions before going public himself with provocative language.  That doesn't sound to me like someone who wants to develop a positive working relationship so they have concluded that they are better off planning for the long term when hopefully he has moved on.

Edited by Dave_Og
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

OK.  It's only guesswork - can't be anything else - but my guess is that they have concluded that with AL in charge the club is knackered and it will fall into admin at some stage so they are tryingto position it to have a chance of survival when that happens.  He has ignored repeated attempts to discuss the terms of his club's use of their facilities (according to their public statement) on several occasions before going public himself with provocative language.  That doesn't sound to me like someone who wants to develop a positive working relationship so they have concluded that they are better off planning for the long term when hopefully he has moved on.

Swings and roundabouts. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. 

Can't you see why AL wouldn't want to negotiate with them when their plan is pretty clearly to get his club eventually? They're not going into this with the intention to work with AL for a lengthy period