Boundary Park buy out

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Swings and roundabouts. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. 

Can't you see why AL wouldn't want to negotiate with them when their plan is pretty clearly to get his club eventually? They're not going into this with the intention to work with AL for a lengthy period 

Your assumption about their intentions is probably spot on. Nobody has worked with AL for a lengthy period during his tenure at Latics,except for his brother and Barry Owen.

11 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Can't you see why AL wouldn't want to negotiate with them when their plan is pretty clearly to get his club eventually? They're not going into this with the intention to work with AL for a lengthy period 

It’s a fair point, and abundantly clear they can’t work together. Which ultimately leads to the million dollar question. 

Which future do you back? 

AL or FLG? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Every single indication is that he cannot be negotiated with - his way is the only way and it is demonstrably muddle headed.  Forget negotiating; it ain't happening.  Look five or ten years down the line, not to next week.

• Like 1

No-one from the FLG is making this hotel company invest. If they want to do it, that is up to them. They will know their own market well enough and have very experienced staff at sourcing sites. It's simply a positive that underpins the development. And possibly a major contribution to the £500k.

It's a certain type of person that tells their employer chapter and verse why they are leaving. Resignation letters are very bland and simplistic by most people. 

PW was there to sell tickets, and make it an event. I'm amazed at some people failing to see much past his involvement and look at the bigger picture. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

It’s a fair point, and abundantly clear they can’t work together. Which ultimately leads to the million dollar question. 

Which future do you back? 

AL or FLG? 

There is no future with AL/ML. The FLG may not have enough to run the club as well. 

The club that AL owns is worth nothing. £1 would be the maximum I'd pay. 

1 minute ago, singe said:

No-one from the FLG is making this hotel company invest. If they want to do it, that is up to them. They will know their own market well enough and have very experienced staff at sourcing sites. It's simply a positive that underpins the development. And possibly a major contribution to the £500k.

It's a certain type of person that tells their employer chapter and verse why they are leaving. Resignation letters are very bland and simplistic by most people. 

PW was there to sell tickets, and make it an event. I'm amazed at some people failing to see much past his involvement and look at the bigger picture. 

The mythical £500k that’s already a fact. 

12 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Or neither?

We know plenty about how AL operates and it is almost without exception bad.  There is almost literally no doubt to give him the benefit of.

Within the FLG there are people who clearly have the best interests of the club at heart and who have not demonstrated incompetence or worse.

On what possible basis canuyou not favour the latter?  As for saying neither are you confident that there is any prospect at all of there being another game in town?

5 minutes ago, singe said:

Your Board meetings must go on for days. 

Usually 3 hours, then off to the bar.  Yours? 

Come on. The FLG have been a little bit naughty on this point. Misleading to say the least. 

Last night in answer to a question...

Q: What if the club refuses to talk the FLG?
FLG: That's their choice if they don't want an extra £500K a year generated income

This ‘500k’ is literally years away and even then it’s a possible projection if all goes swimmingly.  Right now... there’s next to nowt. 

Do I have that correct? Or not? 

Edited by kowenicki
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

The mythical £500k that’s already a fact. 

I think the FLG stated that they could generate that for the club. However he will turn it down if he is still here by the time it becomes available  because he won't have any say in how it is spent. There is no way that I would want the FLG to prop AL up. The squad he and his brother have assembled is so light weight and will really struggle, especially when they get the fans on their backs. I just hope that when this happens AL decides to pack his bags and go, hopefully not leaving a mountain of debt behind him on purpose. Who will bail us out then I don't know. Could well be another Bury. 

1 minute ago, al_bro said:

I think the FLG stated that they could generate that for the club. However he will turn it down if he is still here by the time it becomes available  because he won't have any say in how it is spent. There is no way that I would want the FLG to prop AL up. The squad he and his brother have assembled is so light weight and will really struggle, especially when they get the fans on their backs. I just hope that when this happens AL decides to pack his bags and go, hopefully not leaving a mountain of debt behind him on purpose. Who will bail us out then I don't know. Could well be another Bury. 

If the £500k profit from non footballing activity ever materialises (unlikely) then AL will be long gone. Years off. 

3 minutes ago, al_bro said:

How can it be another Bury if he doesn’t own the ground? 

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

what possible basis canuyou not favour the latter?  As for saying neither are you confident that there is any prospect at all of there being another game in town?

Because as far as I'm aware, from previous comments, they're more skint than AL

4 hours ago, wiseowl said:

£7m is a lot of money to raise. 

Can't see a fans' share issue raising too much in reality but I note it's been mentioned that money is being put in by other FLG investors.

Even if borrowing, say, £5million over 20 years (at 4%), it gives principal/interest repayments of £364k per year, which takes some servicing. Let's hope it comes off and is really successful because any lender will, of course, have security in place against the lend.

They are not borrowing the money. 

Amounts not specified, but will be funded partly by sale of a piece of land which completes at same time as the purchase (so they don’t need the cash).

There is a site plan on here which might help; http://d3d4football.com/fan-led-group-unveil-their-plans-for-oldham-athletic/

The balance is from fans buying shares, but they seemed pretty relaxed about amounts, so presumably majority of the funding is sorted. Paul talked about fist pumping coming out of a meet with Blitz before the Fulham game, happy he’d agreed a deal which would work. 

looking at that plan limited options to re build the chaddy as cant see the house holders being happy with anything being much out of the current footprint of the stand 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

They are not borrowing the money. 

Amounts not specified, but will be funded partly by sale of a piece of land which completes at same time as the purchase (so they don’t need the cash).

I didn't attend the meeting, so can only go off what I've read on Twitter etc.

But the sale of the land (other than the stadium footprint) is nothing to do with the FLG is it? It's Blitz selling it to a developer in a separate transaction. The £7mil is purely for the stadium footprint, car park and everything on it isn't it? 

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

Just now, Gaz_Oafc said:

I didn't attend the meeting, so can only go off what I've read on Twitter etc.

But the sale of the land (other than the stadium footprint) is nothing to do with the FLG is it? It's Blitz selling it to a developer in a separate transaction. The £7mil is purely for the stadium footprint and everything on it isn't it? 

There are two separate pieces of land earmarked for housing.

One is around the current housing estate and little Wembley. This is nothing to do with FLG and will sold / developed by brass bank. 

The other piece of land runs round the back of the Rochdale Road end.  Essentially a back to back deal, the FLG buy and sell it on the same day to an unconnected housing developer. The profit is then used to buy the 14-acres that make up the ground, car park etc. 

Thats how I understood it anyway. 

Now, for someone looking for an angle, maybe Paul Whitehead makes money from brokering that deal? 

Personally, thought he was sincere, loves the club and I didn’t think it was about money for him. His twitter from today makes interested reading on this,  including promising no house on BP whilst he is involved. 

• Like 2

So the FLG don't actually want everything under one owner in one breath

"The short term plan for the group is to secure ownership of the stand and stadium, before allowing fans the chance to purchase shares. Mr Lemsagam (the club’s owner) will also be able to buy shares should he wish. It was stressed that no one person or group, including current members of the FLG, will be allowed to hold a majority of the shares."

But then in the next breath...

"Mr Whitehead said he would be willing to sell to Lemsagam if he offered £7 million upfront (i.e. without the use of loans) and could show a business model that would show the group he’d be able to generate the same level of revenue – an estimated £500,000."

1 hour ago, Fanny Adams said:

Did anyone ask PW what the fuck happened at Exeter?

tbf Pete said our players got bullied and he said a number of managers had told him after games that they saw that as our weakness 

Edited by tGWB
spello

4 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Lol I get your point kow - but nowadays a lot of business people don't get the choice where to stay - their firms often contract out travel/accomm booking to an agency (who are told to keep cost down) - get on that agencies preferred list (i.e. via competitive rate) and bingo, chips, peas and gravy it is 😀

I wouldn't be happy kf my company put me so far away from my location  but I get your point. There is also away fans, away team. Plus there isnt that many hotels in Oldham really.