Boundary Park buy out

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I would never advocate anyone other than the manager deciding who plays or not.

I'm saying that these particular owners who clearly do interfere were stupid to allow an contract extension player they obviously didn't want.

OK , done to death......

5 minutes ago, Lags said:

I'd suggest that goes on in most businesses/companies

Give over.  It's happened once for me in the multiple places I've worked in the last 20 years.  Everyone hated the owners and the company went under eventually.

6 minutes ago, Lags said:

I'd suggest that goes on in most businesses/companies

I once went into a bosses office and together alone I criticised his attitude to other staff.

I later found out he'd since blocked a promotion I seeked.

I left the company, then found out 6months later so had he.

Sometimes you can't win.

Edited by BP1960

Just now, Dave_Og said:

He's got one hell of a track record in a very short space of time

Perhaps, I don't really know the answer. I do know this is not something new and appertaining to AL only, indeed it's happened at our club in the past.  

13 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Give over.  It's happened once for me in the multiple places I've worked in the last 20 years.  Everyone hated the owners and the company went under eventually.

I'd say it's never a good move to openly disagree with the boss or stick the knife in behind their back. It rarely ends well. Not necessarily losing the job there and then.

Christ there are some on here hold grudges like women forever let alone a boss who could use it!!

Edited by Lags

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Yep, really.

At present, which well run clubs employ this tactic to force players out of the club?

As has already been said, Mboro did it with Downing last season.

And it, under Steve Gibson, is an extremely well run club.

Having listened to the undr the cosh podcast the term bomb squad is often used for the players who are trying to be bombed out the club so its nothing new.

Getting O'grady out of the club because he's shit might be seen as a good move but when you go and then replace him with a player like Vera then you end up in a worse place than where you started hence why things aren't getting better.

Yours in sport

Agendalad

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LaticsPete said:

As has already been said, Mboro did it with Downing last season.

And it, under Steve Gibson, is an extremely well run club.

I’ve explained my reasons for why I think that’s different to how Marco treated some of our players last season, the only situation I can compare Downing with at Latics is Andy Taylor.

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I once went into a bosses office and together alone I criticised his attitude to other staff.

I later found out he'd since blocked a promotion I seeked.

I left the company, then found out 6months later so had he.

Sometimes you can't win.

It goes on. You're not the first nor the last.

Edited by Lags

3 minutes ago, Lags said:

So some interference is allowed, even if the manager wanted to pick that player? or only when you deem the player to be shit?. Not having a go at you here, but how do you pick and choose?

Because of financial situations and yes if shit. 

Can only be done on a case by case basis. 

Of course it could work the other way round and an exceptional talent triggers an extension, but I'd be massively against a player being forced to play to trigger a contract if it's an important game, not if it was a meaningless end if season game.  Again case by case.

And also forcing the player to the stiffs for spurious and prolonged reasons. 

It's impossible to define, you just know if the true reason is known. And that might not be, of course. 

1 minute ago, singe said:

Because of financial situations and yes if shit. 

Can only be done on a case by case basis. 

Of course it could work the other way round and an exceptional talent triggers an extension, but I'd be massively against a player being forced to play to trigger a contract if it's an important game, not if it was a meaningless end if season game.  Again case by case.

And also forcing the player to the stiffs for spurious and prolonged reasons. 

It's impossible to define, you just know if the true reason is known. And that might not be, of course. 

So it's a fine line? sometimes acceptable others not?

So this current stick to beat AL about the body with might not be so cut and dried?

Just now, Lags said:

So it's a fine line? sometimes acceptable others not?

So this current stick to beat AL about the body with might not be so cut and dried?

Well, to be honest, yes it's a very fine line.

And yes, maybe acceptable in some cases and not others.

We can only go with what we know. If more correct info comes out, then reasess. 

I can't recall each, but not have struck me as fair so far, happy to reevaluate with new info. 

26 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He started Royle's first couple of games and even missed an open goal against Tranmere. Joe Royle once told me and my dad that Lee Hughes, and this is a direct quote, "was the worst professional I have ever worked with" and said he would have piggy backed him to Blackpool if he could have...

Was on 18 goals. 20 got him a bonus. Played against Tranmere and was subbed off after an hour, away at Cheltenham. I believe he kicked off in the changing room. Corney made the decision as we'd started to slip away from playoffs so we cut our losses. I'd highly suspect we got something off Blackpool for the loan too.

Shez was godlike, I actively disliked Wellens, was deeply unenthusiastic about Scholes and would be delighted if Wildy stole my pint. None of them could work with Lemmy, whatever the rights and wrongs of different details. It's clearly also like that in the back office as well, denying it is just to ignore what's stareing you in the face.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Was on 18 goals. 20 got him a bonus. Played against Tranmere and was subbed off after an hour, away at Cheltenham. I believe he kicked off in the changing room. Corney made the decision as we'd started to slip away from playoffs so we cut our losses. I'd highly suspect we got something off Blackpool for the loan too.

I think you are correct

7 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Shez was godlike, I actively disliked Wellens, was deeply unenthusiastic about Scholes and would be delighted if Wildy stole my pint. None of them could work with Lemmy, whatever the rights and wrongs of different details. It's clearly also like that in the back office as well, denying it is just to ignore what's stareing you in the face.

I think footballers and those that have spent time in the game like how the game historically is run. Those within it keep somethings secret to those out of it. I don't think AL is playing by the old rules and it's not going down too well. I have no doubt somethings are well out of order, whilst others is purely 'not how football works' things.

Edited by Lags

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Really Ryan?, even Georgie Best was sent to train with the kids!!

It's been a tactic employed to get rid of players since year dot.

By the manager though, not the owner/chairman.

only the manager or head coach as we have it now should be involved in team affairs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lags said:

I think footballers and those that have spent time in the game like how the game historically is run. Those within it keep somethings secret to those out of it. I don't think AL is playing by the old rules and it's not going down too well. I have no doubt somethings are well out of order, whilst others is purely 'not how football works' things.

Maybe, my take on it is that he just isn't cut out for working within the UK working culture and laws. The boss isn't all-powerful here, I don't think that's how he sees things 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Having listened to the undr the cosh podcast the term bomb squad is often used for the players who are trying to be bombed out the club so its nothing new.

Getting O'grady out of the club because he's shit might be seen as a good move but when you go and then replace him with a player like Wilson <snip>

FIFY AgendaLad

27 minutes ago, ChrisA said:

Had he scored after a minute against Tranmere, was he being subbed in the second minute? Then they gave a pretty lethal finisher another chance against Cheltenham.

Oh FFS 🙄

Had my Aunt had a c*** she'd be my Uncle.

1 minute ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Oh FFS 🙄

Had my Aunt had a c*** she'd be my Uncle.

Was genuinely puzzled by this til I worked out that 'c***' wasn't what I thought it was. 

• Like 4