Boundary Park buy out

My other true sporting love for the last 40+ yrs has been the Green Bay Packers.

Shares in the Corporation are basically worthless. But many thousands of people pay $250 a piece just to “own” a piece of the organisation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Bay_Packers,_Inc.

Sometimes, an investment is worth much more than any intrinsic value.  

More information is is needed but I’d love to own a part of Boundary Park.

3 hours ago, Jimbooth said:

This seems like a great initiative. I think it paints the perfect picture of our fans when news like this is largely ignored but as soon as something negative happens it forms a 20 page thread almost overnight. We love to wallow in misery! 

Jim - the time to get excited (possibly) is a) when it happens and b) when we know the detail behind it.

We are in the basement division, you know, having been taken there by our much heralded new owner who was greeted with plenty of glowing positivity. Personally, I detest this silly era we live in where a certain % of people (who've usually been on some management course run by some tinpot consultant who read a book) think you have to be positive about everything. Another shite import from the USA.

Balance has always been the best approach - be positive when it deserves it - but be negative when it deserves it too. On balance, I think it's pretty reasonable to have a lot of negativity around Latics at the moment.

2 hours ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

My other true sporting love for the last 40+ yrs has been the Green Bay Packers.

Shares in the Corporation are basically worthless. But many thousands of people pay $250 a piece just to “own” a piece of the organisation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Bay_Packers,_Inc.

Sometimes, an investment is worth much more than any intrinsic value.  

More information is is needed but I’d love to own a part of Boundary Park.

Id say an investment in Boundary Park the land and stadium is a better investment than the football club and is probably worth far more than the football club

Like others have said wait and see what the developments are and what offers are for but this could be a really good idea that strengthens the long term future of the football club.

23 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Id say an investment in Boundary Park the land and stadium is a better investment than the football club and is probably worth far more than the football club.....

The fact that Blitz kept the land and gave up the club with ease, tells us all we need to know in that regard....

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

The fact that Blitz kept the land and gave up the club with ease, tells us all we need to know in that regard....

I still see this fan led group coming into conflict with Lemsagam at some point. He will treat this as a threat and could try and divide the fans over it.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I still see this fan led group coming into conflict with Lemsagam at some point. He will treat this as a threat and could try and divide the fans over it.

I'd imagine it is a threat to him. Seems that way. can't imagine such conflict would help anyone 

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Jim - the time to get excited (possibly) is a) when it happens and b) when we know the detail behind it.

We are in the basement division, you know, having been taken there by our much heralded new owner who was greeted with plenty of glowing positivity. Personally, I detest this silly era we live in where a certain % of people (who've usually been on some management course run by some tinpot consultant who read a book) think you have to be positive about everything. Another shite import from the USA.

Balance has always been the best approach - be positive when it deserves it - but be negative when it deserves it too. On balance, I think it's pretty reasonable to have a lot of negativity around Latics at the moment.

That's a lovely button you've got on yourself sir, at no point did I say everyone needs to greet this positively. I was pointing out that there was practically no response whatsoever, total apathy, undeserving of comment good or bad. 

If this had been potential bad news with no details to back it up people would have been all over it. 

I'm far from positive about everything and I've not been on any "tinpot" courses, but I'll be sure to stop by next time your "how to speak to people like a condescending p***k" course rolls into town!

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Jimbooth said:

That's a lovely button you've got on yourself sir, at no point did I say everyone needs to greet this positively. I was pointing out that there was practically no response whatsoever, total apathy, undeserving of comment good or bad. 

If this had been potential bad news with no details to back it up people would have been all over it. 

I'm far from positive about everything and I've not been on any "tinpot" courses, but I'll be sure to stop by next time your "how to speak to people like a condescending p***k" course rolls into town!

😳😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

love it 

13 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

with the help of chuckle he allready has devided the fan base 

41 minutes ago, peanuts said:

with the help of chuckle he allready has devided the fan base 

Id say chuckle was mearly a pawn in Abdullah game.

The owner so far has gone from pretty much full support 18 months ago to a place where the majority are against him to one degree or another. If next season goes in the same direction he will probably have even less support.

44 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The owner so far has gone from pretty much full support 18 months ago to a place where the majority are against him to one degree or another. If next season goes in the same direction he will probably have even less support.

Just because many on here express dislike for the owner it does not mean the majority are against him, in fact I would guess the majority of fans couldn't give a toss who the owner is. They just want to see some success.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I agree that a fair number are against him, but I also think that there is also a similar number who are still prepared to back him at the moment.  Season ticket sales are a reasonable barometer as to how the fan base views the future under Abdallah. 

It would be very illuminating to know what level we have reached with ticket sales compared to the same time last season. 

I do do agree however that if next season starts the way this season ended then that support will continue to erode.

5 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Just because many on here express dislike for the owner it does not mean the majority are against him, in fact I would guess the majority of fans couldn't give a toss who the owner is. They just want to see some success.

Yes and I'm one of them. I'll come at this from a different angle how many do you reckon think he could deliver success, Success being that plan he set out about a week ago? I'd say it's a tiny minority.

Sorry l thought l put 1800. Think more have cancelled than purchased since the end of the discount period. If he wants to sell any more he either needs to make us excited about his squad, or make the discount period price the normal price. Or both!!

9 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Sorry l thought l put 1800. Think more have cancelled than purchased since the end of the discount period. If he wants to sell any more he either needs to make us excited about his squad, or make the discount period price the normal price. Or both!!

No sign of white smoke rising from boundary park just yet, best news yet on the player front is Nepo staying.

That leaves a manager and about five or six more signings to go?

Two months ish til the new season begins to build a cohesive squad and settle a manager in (probably will be in that order too)

Time ticking on already

19 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Or leave

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Yes and I'm one of them. I'll come at this from a different angle how many do you reckon think he could deliver success, Success being that plan he set out about a week ago? I'd say it's a tiny minority.

Well there is a contradiction in there because from your many and frequent posts you obviously do give a toss.

As for the second part, sort of moving the goalposts to get the answer you want aren't you? None of us know, we just have to see were he takes us, and at the end of the day what can you do otherwise?