I've just listened again to the BO interview and at the end he says that Blitz wanted to build houses on 'Little Wembley' at one time. The FGL buying the land, would put an end to that happening. He also says that an investigation is ongoing into the previous owners running of the club, which he says will take a long time, but hopefully things will be clearer in 3 months. I suspect the outcome of this may lead to a court case, once all proof has been gathered. I do wonder though, who is carrying out this investigation.

5 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I... he says that Blitz wanted to build houses on 'Little Wembley' at one time. The FGL buying the land, would put an end to that happening.

Maybethe FGL would still build houses to finance their purchase of the OEC etc.

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

Barry is in bed with Marco. Do you mean someone of Barry’s Ilk in the fan group? If so, that’s terrifying. . another detective shitpeas. 

I don’t know many latics fans personally, which is exactly my point. I judge on what I see. AL has a track record. The fans don’t- Yet. 

Even if I don’t know who the fan group are, but they do things in the best interest of club, I will be happy. If they don’t, I will have the same beef as I do with AL. 

Lets see what transpires. 

Actions always speak louder than words. 

Yeah I did, or if Barry wasn't in cahoots with AL, then I think he'd be a likely candidate to be involved. Especially given his 'experience'. 

There's a difference between having the best interests of the club at heart when you start a venture like this and having the best interests of the club at heart in 5 /10/15 etc. years time. Even so, having the club's best interests at heart doesn't always mean the right decisions are made. 

Edited by rudemedic
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, al_bro said:

I've just listened again to the BO interview and at the end he says that Blitz wanted to build houses on 'Little Wembley' at one time. The FGL buying the land, would put an end to that happening. He also says that an investigation is ongoing into the previous owners running of the club, which he says will take a long time, but hopefully things will be clearer in 3 months. I suspect the outcome of this may lead to a court case, once all proof has been gathered. I do wonder though, who is carrying out this investigation.

Little wembley is not part of the FLG buy.

The Trust are aware of the previous section 106 that Sporting England placed with regards to compensation at the time if little wembley was lost. Compensation was for a 3g pitch with floodlights at cathedral (not chapel...I had to look up where it was..near North Chadd school where Chadd FC are now). It is not relevant now...however little wembley is on the ACV plan so Trust would have to be notified of any changes.

22 hours ago, underdog said:

Little wembley is not part of the FLG buy.

The Trust are aware of the previous section 106 that Sporting England placed with regards to compensation at the time if little wembley was lost. Compensation was for a 3g pitch with floodlights at cathedral (not chapel...I had to look up where it was..near North Chadd school where Chadd FC are now). It is not relevant now...however little wembley is on the ACV plan so Trust would have to be notified of any changes.

I'm confused now. I thought the FLG group were buying out Brass Bank (ie. the land) and the OEC. Are they buying Chapel Rd., or is that still to be owned by Brass Bank? What exactly are they buying?

Notifying the Trust that they were going to build houses there, wouldn't stop them building on it though would it.

1 minute ago, al_bro said:

I'm confused now. I thought the FLG group were buying out Brass Bank (ie. the land) and the OEC. Are they buying Chapel Rd., or is that still to be owned by Brass Bank? What exactly are they buying?

Notifying the Trust that they were going to build houses there, wouldn't stop them building on it though would it.

Chapel Road is council innit?

• 1 year later...