I take it AL is going to give the next manager/head coach time to get things right on the pitch seeing as he's given the club 3 years to achieve promotion?

Frankie Bunn had us in the FA Cup 3rd Round against Fulham and on the verge of the play off spots just a week before he was sacked. Given that the target is 3 seasons to achieve promotion should a manager be sacked for a similar performance next season?

AL has had since Boxing Day to appoint a replacement. The Scholes saga dragged on far too long and ended far too quickly. After Scholes left efforts should have been made to find his replacement so we could go into Post Season with someone in charge, be it Wild or someone else.

It's been nearly 3 weeks since Wild left. All we've had so far is a commitment that someone will be found. Not that an appointment is imminent which after 3 weeks I feel we should be in a position to announce who the new person is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Macca said:

I take it AL is going to give the next manager/head coach time to get things right on the pitch seeing as he's given the club 3 years to achieve promotion?

Frankie Bunn had us in the FA Cup 3rd Round against Fulham and on the verge of the play off spots just a week before he was sacked. Given that the target is 3 seasons to achieve promotion should a manager be sacked for a similar performance next season?

AL has had since Boxing Day to appoint a replacement. The Scholes saga dragged on far too long and ended far too quickly. After Scholes left efforts should have been made to find his replacement so we could go into Post Season with someone in charge, be it Wild or someone else.

It's been nearly 3 weeks since Wild left. All we've had so far is a commitment that someone will be found. Not that an appointment is imminent which after 3 weeks I feel we should be in a position to announce who the new person is.

Frankie Bunn also set out for a draw at sides anyone with aspirations of going up should be beating. 

He beat 2 non-league sides to get to the third round. He nearly failed to get to the 2nd round. OK their goal shouldn't have been given, but even so we were poor for 80+ minutes. 

We might have been on the verge of the playoffs under Bunn, but I doubt we'd have gotten there. We were on the verge of the playoffs under Wild too, even after Scholes had failed. 

One of the reasons Scholes took so long was to do with the EFL and their decision making process. There was no plan for anyone of the "'Class' of 92" to go into management given their role at Salford. That's not AL's fault.

The issue and potential ban from football for Scholes for his betting, would have been an issue if he was still our manager. Again not AL's fault and actually given the talk about Scholes breeching his contract I think AL might have a case considering the timings. 

AL has made some strange decisions, but not appointing a new head coach before the season has fully finished is not one of them. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Frankie Bunn also set out for a draw at sides anyone with aspirations of going up should be beating. 

He beat 2 non-league sides to get to the third round. He nearly failed to get to the 2nd round. OK their goal shouldn't have been given, but even so we were poor for 80+ minutes. 

We might have been on the verge of the playoffs under Bunn, but I doubt we'd have gotten there. We were on the verge of the playoffs under Wild too, even after Scholes had failed. 

One of the reasons Scholes took so long was to do with the EFL and their decision making process. There was no plan for anyone of the "'Class' of 92" to go into management given their role at Salford. That's not AL's fault.

The issue and potential ban from football for Scholes for his betting, would have been an issue if he was still our manager. Again not AL's fault and actually given the talk about Scholes breeching his contract I think AL might have a case considering the timings. 

AL has made some strange decisions, but not appointing a new head coach before the season has fully finished is not one of them. 

I think you missed my point. I was saying should a manager with a similar record to Frankie next season be sacked considering AL has given 3 seasons to get up from this league. I'm saying it would a bit knee-jerk if we aren't expecting promotion that season.

Scholes said he left because of interference amongst other things. If he has been libellous then AL should sue him.

After that I think AL should have spoken to Wild earlier and find out his intentions and not leave it until the end of the season. If Wild didn't want the job we could have been looking for his replacement. Even now it's taken nearly 3 weeks and we don't appear to be any closer to knowing who the new person will. You might disagree but I think this should have been sorted out by now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Macca said:

I think you missed my point. I was saying should a manager with a similar record to Frankie next season be sacked considering AL has given 3 seasons to get up from this league. I'm saying it would a bit knee-jerk if we aren't expecting promotion that season.

Scholes said he left because of interference amongst other things. If he has been libellous then AL should sue him.

After that I think AL should have spoken to Wild earlier and find out his intentions and not leave it until the end of the season. If Wild didn't want the job we could have been looking for his replacement. Even now it's taken nearly 3 weeks and we don't appear to be any closer to knowing who the new person will. You might disagree but I think this should have been sorted out by now.

Why do we need someone in before players are even back fir pre season ? 

2 minutes ago, Macca said:

We don't have a match for over 2 months. We know whoever it is won't have much say in recruitment so there's no rush really.

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Why do we need someone in before players are even back fir pre season ? 

So they can help bring players in. I know AL and ML will be bringing the majority in from their vast scouting network but I think the manager should be in as well as they'll know how they want to play.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Macca said:

So they can help bring players in. I know AL and ML will be bringing the majority in from their vast scouting network but I think the manager should be in as well as they'll know how they want to play.

Also we are missing out on available managers, surely that is important !

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Macca said:

I quite like the idea mentioned that we should have a way of playing from youth to first team regardless of who the manager is. 

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

How many have we missed out on so far? Askey signed for Port Vale. Evans to Gillingham. Wow we need to get a move on!!

Mr Moyes is still available I believe?

Not the point tho is it! And don’t refer to moyes! I’m NOT shuck! FFS ! 

Mike; I hope you asked BO what he is adding to the club in his role?  

Genuine question as I haven’t a clue.  This bloke was part of the last regime that Lemsagam is criticising (and apparently going legal against) so what is he bringing to the table?  

Bloke is toxic - the only thing I recall his involvement on is the Ched Evan debacle and prior to that Lee Hughes?

Would be good to know when we are bringing some new bloody players and a manager in. Sick of hearing about this vague plan. It's always a good idea to have a squad and manager embedded in the club well before the season starts. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

I hope Mike is going to be robust here, infact I'd like him to go full on Paxman here "did you threaten to overrule him?

I'd like to know what the thinking was here in letting Peter Clarke go and offering Jonathan Benteke a new contract.

Not happening.