The rising cost of being a disabled supporter of OAFC

I have no idea how many people this affects, but it cant be that many, so it boggles the mind why they would do this.

Must represent a relatively tiny amount of extra revenue.  An additional fiver on everyone else’s season ticket would raise much more and cause little or no fuss (apart from the usual whining, bitching suspects) 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

I understand but you are coming to the stadium to watch Oldham Athletic, you shouldn’t park on locations like B&Q with this intention its prohibited. Surely if you are going to watch Oldham you expect to use car parks provided by the club. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

AL is undoubtedly reaping the rewards following the invaluable expert advice given by the indispensable Barry Owen. 

The running of this club is an absolute fucking joke and gets more bizarre by the week. 

Get Alan Hardy back in to sort it all out, I wasn’t his biggest fan but something drastic needs to happen before our dwindling fan base decreases still further.

At this moment in time the club is a total embarrassment and in every sense a million miles away from where it once was...absolutely shameful😒

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

I have no idea how many people this affects, but it cant be that many, so it boggles the mind why they would do this.

Must represent a relatively tiny amount of extra revenue.  An additional fiver on everyone else’s season ticket would raise much more and cause little or no fuss (apart from the usual whining, bitching suspects) 

Precisely. Of course not all disabled supporters are visible as such (ie not all wheelchair users) so there will be more than we see, but this couldn't raise more than a few grand, less none renewals and the intangible cost of many unaffected supporters thinking the club are being complete bastards.

• Like 1

Being a disabled supporter myself. I personally stopped going to BP a couple of seasons ago, when it became apparent that I was putting far more effort into getting to a game than the team were invariably putting into a game.

I was fortunate enough to attend every game of Joe Royle’s ‘pinch me’ season.

Unfortunate enough to attend every game under Dave Penney’s ‘pinch me when it’s over’ season. 

We now appear to be heading for the penny pinching season.

All joking aside, if the club think that the sheer effort and will power that most disabled fans need to put into just getting to a game is not worth them absorbing a few extra pounds revenue from parking and ticketing. Then I fear the club is heading towards moral and not just financial bankruptcy.

Edited by WLYOWD
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I assume you agree that parking should be free for those with a disability based purely on the fact others can park in non official parking areas for free ? Makes no sense. 

We'll never have as many car parking spaces as there would be users if it was free, so it makes sense to ration it by price (posh seat customers etc), entitlement (eg gym users) and need (disability). It's the same as on street parking where it's scarce.

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I wouldn't necessarily rule that out sooner or later 

And you're not thinking about pooled driverless cars... To be honest it's strange there's never been talk of building a multi storey car park on some of the land, it would never be empty 

On 5/30/2019 at 10:34 AM, LightDN123 said:

I go to the game with my Grandma who is disabled and therefore when I am with her we park in the disabled spaces. Obviously it goes without saying that these spaces are needed and justified. But what we always agree on is, why because you are disabled should you not have to pay for car parking like everyone else ? She mentioned it every-time we go that it should not be the case that parking is free because you are disabled. 

Just our opinion but I agree with her. 

In terms of the actual ticket price, yeah that is out of order. 

This is an interesting article written by the disability charity scope. Highlights the extra day to day costs that many disabled people can face. 

https://www.scope.org.uk/campaigns/extra-costs/

5 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

AL is undoubtedly reaping the rewards following the invaluable expert advice given by the indispensable Barry Owen. 

The running of this club is an absolute fucking joke and gets more bizarre by the week. 

Get Alan Hardy back in to sort it all out, I wasn’t his biggest fan but something drastic needs to happen before our dwindling fan base decreases still further.

At this moment in time the club is a total embarrassment and in every sense a million miles away from where it once was...absolutely shameful😒

I thought Alan Hardy was mentoring AL that's been a huge success

9 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Another unnecessary (wtf? How do l spell that!!) own goal this. Poor.

FWIW you've spelt unnecessary correctly. When I was at the age that spelling tests were still part of my education, I was taught '1 collar and 2 socks' to remember the number of c's and s's in necessary. 

• Thanks 1