Pre Season 2019

Lol we’re in a league below Bury, Rochdale and fucking Accrington

Stockport just turned us over 

And 50% of our fan base are still content 

Ffs

Can’t wait to win 4-1 at Forest Green, Urko Vera baby hat trick 💚😅😅😅

I tried to sub Jose Baxter in there and it sounded a million percent more realistic but we let him go 😅😅

I’m honestly struggling to comprehend getting turned over by Stockport a fucking week before the season starts 🤷🏻‍♂️

13 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

It's IACOVITTI, not LACOVITTI (or Lacovetti). Having read all that lot, correcting a player's name is all I've got left.

I know pre-season games don't usually tell you how things are going to work out, but I'm seriously worried after reading posts from those that were there.

How can you replace your best players with this bunch of no hopers and expect to get anywhere. Presumably, Curly Barry and Mo think they're all Premiership class.

What the hell is happening to this club that I have loved for so long? The Lemsagams. That's what's happening. I despise them.

No he’s called Shite 

It wasn't just the product on the pitch that was depressing about yesterday, the whole place seemed soulless & unprofessional:

No Chaddy

No hot food

No programmes

No ad boards

No North Stand

Even the bloody team sheets were just typed on blank white paper - hoping it just felt so bad because we were getting played off the park by a non-league side in a friendly, but I fear not.

Took my 5 and 3 year-old lads and felt bad for them.

11 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

How does supporting the team on the field, but knowing their shortcomings sit with you? 

I'll be supporting them next Saturday, shouting, screaming, singing and willing them to win, but won't hold back with criticisms if they're justified.

If they're not good enough for this division, it isn't their fault. It's the fault of the nut cases that brought them in when they're out of their depth.

I don't know about that - Lemsegam's recruits should know what they're getting into, know they've over achieved purely by being here at the owner's invitation and have signed contracts that are all typical of the sordid way the club is currently being run.

I'm all for supporting the team generally, but if they don't prove they're up to task very quickly, I'll be suggesting they exit stage left as quickly as they arrived...

Thought #18 Trialist (Fage) looked decent

Keeper looked dodgy with crosses

Not impressed with either new striker first half

#15 Trialist had something about him but nowhere ready for first team yet

Overall we looked dodgy at back all game and better going forward in second half with Mouche, Nepo, Branger and Vera(!)

2 hours ago, OAFCKeepTheFaith said:

It wasn't just the product on the pitch that was depressing about yesterday, the whole place seemed soulless & unprofessional:

No Chaddy

No hot food

No programmes

No ad boards

No North Stand

Even the bloody team sheets were just typed on blank white paper - hoping it just felt so bad because we were getting played off the park by a non-league side in a friendly, but I fear not.

Took my 5 and 3 year-old lads and felt bad for them.

No goals

12 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

Probably a crap deal. Maybe half of what he had been on. Seems to be a common tactic to get some players out of the door. 

He declined a deal and then decided to sign. The club asked him to return to Morocco pre season sooner than he wanted to as he was still on his holiday after the summer tournament he’d been involved in. He then decided not to return early and not to sign the deal as a result! 

The team that finished yesterday’s game looked very close to what’ll be our starting XI for the season, although I hope to god we won’t see much of Vera being a loan forward. He looked keen to get on the park yesterday, but didn’t look like scoring, even if he an extra 90 minutes on the pitch whilst everyone else had a shower and got changed.

As was mentioned by Pete Wild, this team is gonna get bullied off the park. As well as many other things, we’re desperately missing a general. It look as though the head coach (still don’t know how to pronounce his surname) wants us playing out of the back, but it won’t take long before a team of 6”5 League 2 knuckleheads knock us off the ball and get amongst our ill-prepared defence.

Wilson may bag a few, which will probably lead us towards a depressing 16th place finish.

No club shop yet, no working advertising boards, no drinks, no North Stand, no program, and some knob-end abandoning his 68-reg Range Rover on the pavement outside the old club shop. Buzzin’.

• Like 1