Pre Season 2019

8 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm not basing this on the keeper as I haven't seen him at all, but it's possible sometimes to spot a bad/good player after just watching them for 20 minutes...

Or 5 minutes in case of one outfield  player we have signed.

Edited by BP1960

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So your contacts have told you, not you personally seeing him.

That's all we needed to know. Form your own opinion then we can have a discussion

Yes I've seen Woods and I can confirm the opinion of my professional contact from Scotland. The loanee  just isn't ready for number 1.

I can see another keeper being signed.

Whats your opinion - you wont give one will you?

46 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Yes I've seen Woods and I can confirm the opinion of my professional contact from Scotland. The loanee  just isn't ready for number 1.

I notice you didn't give an opinion, are you afraid of being wrong on here?

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm not basing this on the keeper as I haven't seen him at all, but it's possible sometimes to spot a bad/good player after just watching them for 20 minutes...

Agreed.  That initial view after 20 mins can sometimes be proved correct, it can also be way off.  Hindsight is an exact science.  We won’t know for sure until later. 

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Sits patrolling this board...

Hi Baz

I wonder if he’s pulled strings at MI5 to add a few extra buzzwords to Echelon?

... anarchy, nuclear, assassinate, fleece, flat cap, Shitpeas, Steak Knife ...

Some people didnt like Iversen and didnt rate him, yet hes represented Denmark u21s in the summer Euros, and is now spending the season playing for a Championship club. I tend to think most Latics fans opinions on Keepers is irrelevant, especially seen as their judgement is based purely on whether a keeper comes to collect crosses or not.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, youngen said:

Some people didnt like Iversen and didnt rate him, yet hes represented Denmark u21s in the summer Euros, and is now spending the season playing for a Championship club. I tend to think most Latics fans opinions on Keepers is irrelevant, especially seen as their judgement is based purely on whether a keeper comes to collect crosses or not.

Rotherham are in League One :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyPimp said:

I wonder if he’s pulled strings at MI5 to add a few extra buzzwords to Echelon?

... anarchy, nuclear, assassinate, fleece, flat cap, Shitpeas, Steak Knife ...

We can subtly get around that by using made up words. Baz will never think of that.

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Pretty clear that I want to see more of him before making a decision. He looked OK against Dale, didn't make a mistake and had very good distribution that game.

I'll judge him when I've seen him in more than one competitive game. 

Halifax at home this evening. I expect to see, given the current players at the club, a starting eleven that is close to the one that will start at Forest Green on Saturday. 

I also expect to see a huge improvement in approach with a higher tempo and a more competitive attitude. Defensively much tighter and creating (and taking) our chances up top.

Thats my heart speaking. My head is telling me something different...

20 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Halifax at home this evening. I expect to see, given the current players at the club, a starting eleven that is close to the one that will start at Forest Green on Saturday. 

I also expect to see a huge improvement in approach with a higher tempo and a more competitive attitude. Defensively much tighter and creating (and taking) our chances up top.

Thats my heart speaking. My head is telling me something different...

Starting a weakened team on Saturday was a big mistake imo, we lost momentum right from the start, I expect Sarurdays first eleven to walk out tonight hopefully with a different mindset and attitude.

19 hours ago, youngen said:

Our opinions on all topics to do with our beloved oldham is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things... it's called opinions which we all have and all entitled to ..  

• Like 1