Accounts

Lee Sinnott

50 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The Trust were supposed to be seeing more detailed accounts, weren't they...?

I’d missed that, Paddy. My interest wanes with every circus act that plays out, so I’m pretty out of touch at the moment. 

35 minutes ago, underdog said:

Hi Paddy

We have just put a Trust June review out on our website. Please find the link below

https://trustoldham.co.uk/june-review/

Cheers

Bit misleading to refer to the FCA notice as a final warning - it’s more than that. Also seems strange that the summarised position is that things are pretty rosy, given the FCA notice and the acknowledgement of the club’s failure to file accounts on time. 

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:35 PM, Stevie_J said:

I’d missed that, Paddy. My interest wanes with every circus act that plays out, so I’m pretty out of touch at the moment. 

Bit misleading to refer to the FCA notice as a final warning - it’s more than that. Also seems strange that the summarised position is that things are pretty rosy, given the FCA notice and the acknowledgement of the club’s failure to file accounts on time. 

It was a final notice, not a final warning.  That means it was issued at the end of the disciplinary process and is game over for conducting regulated financial business.

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It was a final notice, not a final warning.  That means it was issued at the end of the disciplinary process and is game over for conducting regulated financial business.

That was my point, perhaps not articulated well enough. 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone from the Trust actually seen the full accounts yet? 

I was advised by several people at the match yesterday that the Trust had indeed seen them and that "they were ok" as someone from the Trust had posted on Twitter or something.

After all the shenanigans and continuing seemingly endless misinformation, can someone from the Trust please provide assurance that they have seen the full accounts now.

If they have, please can someone advise me how the club appeared to make a surplus in that financial year?

All looks very fishy to me I am afraid  

I would like to know a bit about what Darren's opinions are on the content of the accounts and whether they give him any assurance that the owners are actually acting both honestly in terms of their accounting records (I have major concerns) and how in Gods name the club appeared to reduce its overall deficit by several million? Did the accounts explain what the existing debt is made up of, any reference to how the club is funded etc.  I would have thought a responsible and responsible owner would have the accounts audited given the stakeholders / shareholders concerns  

• 3 months later...
On 8/15/2019 at 5:05 PM, underdog said:

Dear all 

Please find below link to the Trust update on accounts

https://trustoldham.co.uk/club-accounts-to-june-2018/

thanks

So the end of this update from Darren suggested that "Phillipa" was going to be allowed access to the accounts.  

Can we be informed what Phillipa found please.  June to November is a long time.

22 minutes ago, Pidge said:

So the end of this update from Darren suggested that "Phillipa" was going to be allowed access to the accounts.  

Can we be informed what Phillipa found please.  June to November is a long time.

Hello Pidge

We don't post much on here these days. Lack of Trust people and the club monitor this board. Please can you make sure any further questions are posted on the Trust Web site so the entire team can see them and answer them in a timely manner. It will prevent delays as well.

Philippa had an accident in August time, she kicked Mont Blanc on holiday so we have had a delay as she has had a cast on her lower leg. Recently, we did get her in and she reported back to the Trust at our board meeting last week. We now have to digest this information and look at the advice she has given and what our next step is.

Now the EFL meeting has been done, we can concentrate on those recommendations. By the way Philippa and Jason Flynn our other trust financial person attended the EFL meeting they both asked critical questions of the EFL and proposed some ideas for them too.

Thanks

Archived