Maouche signs 1 year extension

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Baxter or maouche jesus?? Are people serious? Baxter was getting better and better towards the end of last season, we should have saved the money from maouche and gave some to baxter to keep him!

Was he?  

15 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Baxter or maouche jesus?? Are people serious? Baxter was getting better and better towards the end of last season, we should have saved the money from maouche and gave some to baxter to keep him!

Thought the opposite. Baxter had a spell under Scholes but we where doing shit so what does it matter. Maouche is a very good player for this level imo. Glad we have him 

4 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Thought the opposite. Baxter had a spell under Scholes but we where doing shit so what does it matter. Maouche is a very good player for this level imo. Glad we have him 

Twice as many starts and a grand total of one more goal.

You hate to see those kind of returns from your midfield dynamo...

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Twice as many starts and a grand total of one more goal.

You hate to see those kind of returns from your midfield dynamo...

I don’t remember Maouche playing up front though...

All things being even I'd prefer Baxter, but it wouldn't be right for either us or Baxter to have him in the squad and not play him regularly.

I have absolutely no idea the calibre of player that we're going to recruit (although I must admit I'm not confident) but while Maouche has his flaws and can be inconsistent, he clearly has the talent to be a very good player at this level.  It makes me more confident of the quality of player we might be able to attract.

11 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

All things being even I'd prefer Baxter, but it wouldn't be right for either us or Baxter to have him in the squad and not play him regularly.

I have absolutely no idea the calibre of player that we're going to recruit (although I must admit I'm not confident) but while Maouche has his flaws and can be inconsistent, he clearly has the talent to be a very good player at this level.  It makes me more confident of the quality of player we might be able to attract.

So good I haven't seen his name linked with any other club. In fact have any of the Lemmy crew?

18 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

So good I haven't seen his name linked with any other club. In fact have any of the Lemmy crew?

Yet some were talking them up like they would play higher up and that we should be lucky to be able to hang onto them.

• 11 months later...
On 7/5/2019 at 8:43 AM, mikejh45 said:

Not heard of him chasing the captain's armband before......where has that come from?

I heard that he wanted it in his contract. If Wheater goes, Maouche will get the armband, I'm sure. Trouble is, he's not a leader.

Somehow, I'm not surprised he's been given a deal. I'm pretty certain he's one of AL's Golden Boys and possibly AL's mouthpiece. I don't think he's that good either, but I'm prepared to be proved wrong. 

10 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I heard that he wanted it in his contract. If Wheater goes, Maouche will get the armband, I'm sure. Trouble is, he's not a leader.

Somehow, I'm not surprised he's been given a deal. I'm pretty certain he's one of AL's Golden Boys and possibly AL's mouthpiece. I don't think he's that good either, but I'm prepared to be proved wrong. 

He could be a good player if he had the right attitude. He's proved this once or twice, but for those few instances he certainly shouldn't be captain. If he insisted on it I would tell him where to go. Unfortunately our leader wants him here to allegedly, tell him who is disrespecting him in the dressing room.

1 minute ago, al_bro said:

He could be a good player if he had the right attitude. He's proved this once or twice, but for those few instances he certainly shouldn't be captain. If he insisted on it I would tell him where to go. Unfortunately our leader wants him here to allegedly, tell him who is disrespecting him in the dressing room.

Very well put.

18 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

He would be a great candidate for captain. Very "current Latics".

Really leads by example and rolls his sleeves up when the chips are down..

22 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Does that mean JBE has left?

45 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I think the dynamics have changed a little and Dino has more influence on recruitment and selection and is not afraid to leave him on the bench or bring him off.  However, the owner (and his bro) will still want to influence decisions because of his level of investment so this was inevitable in my opinion.  He does have talent and ability to influence a game but for me he is too often a headless chicken who becomes frustrated and then becomes a passenger. If he could play to his potential on a regular basis he would be an asset, although not sure he would be playing this level if he did.

19 hours ago, al_bro said:

I think opinions of him are still set by his first half season with us, when he was too lazy and inconsistent

He's been significantly better this season though. He's started chasing stuff down, makes himself available and manages more decent passes forward per match than most.  

I think the spell on the bench and Dino have realigned his expectations a bit.

I'm not saying we couldn't do better for the same wage, though, and playing him deep makes no sense.

He certainly has plenty of skill for our level but his attitude still doesn't impress me.

His shoulders drop most times he loses the ball and, although capable of hitting a decent pass, he delays playing the killer pass to overindulge his dribbling skills more often than not.

Obviously has the ability to change a game off the bench but needs to improve his approach to warrant a regular starting spot........and definitely NOT captain material.

22 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

He certainly has plenty of skill for our level but his attitude still doesn't impress me.

His shoulders drop most times he loses the ball and, although capable of hitting a decent pass, he delays playing the killer pass to overindulge his dribbling skills more often than not.

Obviously has the ability to change a game off the bench when he can be bothered but needs to improve his approach to warrant a regular starting spot........and definitely NOT captain material.

FIFY

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

A  nice guy and a very talented player on his day,  hope he can add consistency,  if so he will be a delight to watch.

Agree with you on his talent but he's had plenty of time to add consistency to his game and I'm not really bothered whether he's good company or not !

Archived