Our Worst Ever Striker

Worst ever Striker  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Go on lets do this. Their will be plenty of candidates for this but Im going to go with the popular choices

6 minutes ago, perfectOzblue said:

Yeah, nowhere near the worst. He wasn't great but usually gave his all and summed up that Ritchie 98-2001 era; we seemed to have lots of players who weren't the most talented but put a shift in most of the time. 

My comment was based on the number of chances he missed .

15 hours ago, pk200 said:

Carlo Corazzin .......couldn't hit a barn door from 2yds.

Carlo had his limitations but should be nowhere near our worst striker nominations. Its all relative I guess, depending on the level we were playing at the time.

I can remember back in the late 70's, big Jim Steel seeming a bit shit to me as a 10/11 year old fan....he used to get loads of stick from the old Ford Stand paddock in his early days with us.

However he'd walk into our current side and probably score a shitload!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Carlo had his limitations but should be nowhere near our worst striker nominations. Its all relative I guess, depending on the level we were playing at the time.

I can remember back in the late 70's, big Jim Steel seeming a bit shit to me as a 10/11 year old fan....he used to get loads of stick from the old Ford Stand paddock in his early days with us.

Jim is a sergeant in Merseyside Police these days I believe! Can’t be far off retirement a second time round. 

Edited by adamoafc

2 hours ago, Londonboy said:

In the days of Wylde and Stainrod, Steel seemed a bit of a downgrade. Different type of plyer. Wasn't terrible though, and put a shift in...

There’s nothing like giving a bit of encouragement to one of our own, a current member of the squad may I add, who we want to do well this season don’t we?

He’s a foreign player who’s played a handful of games for us and is probably still trying to find his feet in English football.

Absolute shit our supporters at times!!

😡

2 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

There’s nothing like giving a bit of encouragement to one of our own, a current member of the squad may I add, who we want to do well this season don’t we?

He’s a foreign player who’s played a handful of games for us and is probably still trying to find his feet in English football.

😡

If he puts some effort in he might gain some respect, his displays last season have to be as inept as I have witnessed, hopefully he's come back with a better attitude and we see a different player because you would struggle to find a fan who would have re signed him. I think it's not unreasonable to give players time but even if they haven't found their feet effort and desire should be a prerequisite something he showed little of either.

Bash the support though who pay for the privilege of watching some of these players.

4 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

😡

I stand by including him and voting for him. I can tolerate O'grady hes trying every game but Vera was shit and didn't put any real effort in and was rewarded with a contract.

He has a full season to prove us all wrong.

Edited by GlossopLatic

4 minutes ago, rosa said:

What? I like all his posts on Instagram. I'm sure he's a lovely bloke. I just think, on the basis of what I've seen, that he's a dreadful footballer. 

Exactly my thoughts from the games I watched. Im sure it was Crawley where I don't think he touched the ball? Although 6 appearances after not playing for a while may not be the best to judge.

I hope he was just unfit and a decent pre season may see us get some sort of decent striker. His record of clubs before OAFC suggest he does have something in his locker.

I dont want him to fail, but add to the fact BP is a strikers graveyard, I just pretty much expect him to.

• Like 1