Season tickets?

On 7/23/2019 at 2:43 PM, LaticsPete said:

The ever reliable (though Prediction League jammy beggar) MilnrowLatic collected his ST this morning. Sales are, according to the gentleman serving him, just about 100 down on last year.

Yes, the extended reductions will have affected income, however if appears that there is still a significant proportion of supporters who have signed up again. 

Obviously KIG’s demographic analysis has underplayed the number of us over 50s that there are.

So we've sold around 500 season tickets (at the increased price i.e. from the early bird offer) in the last 2 weeks? Have I missed something here??

1 minute ago, wiseowl said:

So we've sold around 500 season tickets (at the increased price i.e. from the early bird offer) in the last 2 weeks? Have I missed something here??

Clearly they've liked what they've seen in the past two weeks. Or someone is chatting bollocks....

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Clearly they've liked what they've seen in the past two weeks. Or someone is chatting bollocks....

We have to remember that only a very small percentage of Latics fans are on this board. I can go to a game and talk to people who have no idea of who has left the club, and have not much idea of who the new players are.

3 minutes ago, al_bro said:

We have to remember that only a very small percentage of Latics fans are on this board. I can go to a game and talk to people who have no idea of who has left the club, and have not much idea of who the new players are.

A lot of fans are unhappy with the situation at BP and just hope that the behind the scenes squabbles can be resolved so that the club can move forward.  However, they buy a season ticket so they can watch their team, who they have supported for many years, play football no matter how poor the product on the pitch is.  Its their escape from their own troubles at home, where they can moan, groan about something other than the high price of the electric bill. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, al_bro said:

agreed - my original point though is how we have manged to sell 500 season tickets in around the last 2 weeks. That's very unusual - sales usually slow down dramatically after the early bird ends. Why the sudden surge in sales? Just interested as I`ve been away for a few days and thought I`d missed a couple of platignum signings.

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

I'd have to question why these people follow the club then...

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I’d say he’s possibly describing the majority of Oldham fans... 

21 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Stood at the Ashton game and two separate groups of lads/men talking as if everything was fine, calling the FLG a bunch of mugs and other four letter words.  I’d say that’s the majority view....for now.  It’s all about communication. 

(Don’t shoot the messenger now will you big man)

22 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Stood at the Ashton game and two separate groups of lads/men talking as if everything was fine, calling the FLG a bunch of mugs and other four letter words.  I’d say that’s the majority view....for now.  It’s all about communication. 

(Don’t shoot the messenger now will you big man)

Sounds like Birketts boys or the Vloggers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wiseowl said:

agreed - my original point though is how we have manged to sell 500 season tickets in around the last 2 weeks. That's very unusual - sales usually slow down dramatically after the early bird ends. Why the sudden surge in sales? Just interested as I`ve been away for a few days and thought I`d missed a couple of platignum signings.

AL bought them all....

50 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Who are the Vloggers

Rhys Parsons is one. He’s about 13 (?). He vlogs and was in Morocco. Heard a rumour on Saturday that he and his family were ‘invited’ to Morocco (paid for). 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, maddog said:

Rhys Parsons is one. He’s about 13 (?). He vlogs and was in Morocco. Heard a rumour on Saturday that he and his family were ‘invited’ to Morocco (paid for). 

Good for them. I bet they were well chuffed, pleased to hear and hope it was true.

8 minutes ago, Lags said:

How can that be possibly harmful Andy?

The young innocent boy is a vlogger..... and by paying for him [& his family] he [Marco] is attempting to buy his affection / influence his vlogging output.... whilst at the same time, not paying employee pension entitlements. It's insidious, perfidious & Machiavellian behaviour.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

The young innocent boy is a vlogger..... and by paying for him [& his family] he [Marco] is attempting to buy his affection / influence his vlogging output.... whilst at the same time, not paying employee pension entitlements. It's insidious, perfidious & Machiavellian behaviour.

Superb use of vocabulary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

That’s insidious.

Not unusual for YouTubers though albeit normally on a much larger scale than this. 

Arguably quite forward thinking of the regime...?

My daughters dream is to stay at this Nickelodeon hotel in the Dominican Republic (which isn't happening - it's about £15k a week) purely because a family of YouTubers she watches were invited there and paid for. She'd probably never have heard of it otherwise. 

It's the world we now live in and I prefer it - influence & fame are coming about more naturally/organically rather than Big Media telling the masses what to think/watch/listen to.... 

Edited by HarryBosch

29 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Machiavelli would have had you & Sinnott out there vlogging.... 

Edited by HarryBosch

I hope that rumour carries water if the poor lad now gets a load of shit for it.

You know what some of our lot can be like when somebody gets something they didn't get, especially when it was free...