Joe Royle Stand and the OEC

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

The only terms that will truly benefit the football club, are ones that see all assets reunited under one company....

Can't argue with that; the proviso being that it's not AL's company/control that they're all under. What an even bigger disaster that would be.

9 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Can't argue with that; the proviso being that it's not AL's company/control that they're all under. What an even bigger disaster that would be.

I don’t care who it is, so long as they are responsible & competent, have a plan and are employing sound governance to achieve it. Relatively, on field success is not my concern, albeit I believe we would see it if the rest were true.

To date, Mr. Lemsagam appears not to meet this criteria.

26 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I don’t care who it is, so long as they are responsible & competent, have a plan and are employing sound governance to achieve it. Relatively, on field success is not my concern, albeit I believe we would see it if the rest were true.

Our problem always seems to be having a competent owner. I don’t think we have had one of those in the last 30 years plus.

20 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

We have a ‘full house’ of Latics related companies showing little regard for good business practise.

The Club (AL), Brassbank (Blitz & Gazal) and the OEC (Blitz & Gazal) still havent filed their accounts for their trading periods up to 2018. Admittedly the Club are only 3 week late but both Brassbank and the OEC are 3 month late. 

Am really looking forward to this FLG meeting to see the main characters and how they intend to present their group financially 

Frankly I don’t get two f**ks what this ego-measuring competition is all about.  

My view is pretty simple.  

1. Strengthen the team properly and competitively.  Not this sad reflection of an Oldham team that played kickabout in Morocco last week

2. When I mean strengthen, I mean at least two decent strikers, a creative midfielder, a solid centre half or two plus a winger on the right.  Perhaps a wow signing or two to demonstrate your commitment and ambition

3. Play attacking, free scoring football from the off in pre-season and competitively starting at FGR

4. Perhaps then crowds will increase.  Extend the ST discount at start of season to entice further fans to sign up

5. As crowds increase, then agree a deal with the OEC owners as to how the matchday income is apportioned.  If the OEC owners have the club owners unfairly and unrealistically over a barrel then make it public.  

At the moment all I’m seeing is a piss-poor (and that piss is boiling over) attempt to rebuild a team.  At the moment we’d be lucky to hold our own in this league let along be fighting for promotion.  I’m also seeing an owner spitting his dummy out because  this FLG is getting the fan attention because they’re opening the Joe Royle stand up to all fans, offering better pies, a better pint and a much better matchday experience.  Yes there’s a meeting afterward suggesting a future plan that implies it’s ideally without Lemsagam’s involvement... I could be wrong because both parties say fuck all and speak in riddles 

Surely both this FLG and Lemsagam want the same - a successful, profitable football club playing L1, ideally Championship football, whilst delivering attacking, scoring and winning football along the way?  A few quid gained in the very early days at a pre-season is totally immaterial in respect of the greater plan here.  Too many fucking egos for my liking at moment.

Oh...and in this interest of impartiality.  If this FLG think that they can do this better than Lemsagam then I hope that they have a robust plan to present at this meeting.  If Lemsagam cannot achieve these 6 points raised above - the 1st within the next few weeks - then we need a Plan B sharpish.  Smoke this fucking clown/charlatan out so we can get out this fucking league pronto... and I mean upwards 

Is it an “ego measuring competition” though or are certain people viewing it that way because that’s the way they view everything? Tribally, taking sides, agenda’s etc...

The FLG are promising good things with the OEC - top floor finished etc.. hopefully they’ll deliver.

Whether they ultimately buy the whole thing comes down to them coming up with the readies & closing the deal as opposed to winning some popularity contest against AL doesn’t it? 

9 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

5. As crowds increase, then agree a deal with the OEC owners as to how the matchday income is apportioned.  If the OEC owners have the club owners unfairly and unrealistically over a barrel then make it public.  

... I could be wrong because both parties say fuck all and speak in riddles 

As I understand it, the FLG want to put a Service Level Agreement (SLA) in place for what Abdallah will pay for the facilities/services ( in The Joe Royle Stand) which are  provided to the club on match days. Given that AL says he would make a loss on the two friendlies suggests that this SLA includes a disproportionate fee or even a fixed fee irrespective of how many fans use the stand.

If (and this is conjecture) the above suggestion is the case then AL has a point. Take the following as one potential example:

The charge to the club for the facilities/services is £3k per match. The number of fans in the stand for the friendly is 250 paying an average of £10 per head then the income is £2.5k hence the loss.

On a league game  match day there may be up to a thousand fans using the stand paying an average of £15 per head. No loss.

As I said, pure conjecture on my part.

However we just don’t know. 

Your final sentence in the quoted section above says  it all for me 😮

10 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Is it an “ego measuring competition” though or are certain people viewing it that way because that’s the way they view everything? Tribally, taking sides, agenda’s etc...

The FLG are promising good things with the OEC - top floor finished etc.. hopefully they’ll deliver.

Whether they ultimately buy the whole thing comes down to them coming up with the readies & closing the deal as opposed to winning some popularity contest against AL doesn’t it? 

I’m probably one of the biggest critics of this Clown but even I can see this is all inflammatory and divisive .... intentionally so.  Branding it fan-led from the off is one thing, sniping social media comments from individuals linked to this project is another and then the Pete Wild Q&A to top it off.  

Come off it... this is an intentional two fingers up to Lemsagam and his cronies.  It’s postered with the message of unity, cohesion for the well-being of the club blah, blah, blah but there’s a very pointed and heavy undertone of “viva la revolucion”... which is quite apt for our french-speaking fuckwits currently ruining our club.

Don’t get me wrong....the club hierarchy has tried and failed to do the same...  Painting over the cracks with a tour into Morocco, the club images of The Clown arm in arm in fans over there (reminiscent of fucking Saddam Hussein with that little lad (I could cite other examples i.e. Trump and the lad cutting the lawn before the racism police start), a promising fullback and keeper signed (but fuck all else).

Big question here for this FLG.  There’s intentions of promise but reference to sustainability ... does this mean the National League version of Vera?  No matter which side you take.... oh, you will have to sooner rather than later .... it’ll all end the same unless there’s a significant investment into the playing side.... or even the signing of two strikers as a start 

17 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

As I understand it, the FLG want to put a Service Level Agreement (SLA) in place for what Abdallah will pay for the facilities/services ( in The Joe Royle Stand) which are  provided to the club on match days. Given that AL says he would make a loss on the two friendlies suggests that this SLA includes a disproportionate fee or even a fixed fee irrespective of how many fans use the stand.

If (and this is conjecture) the above suggestion is the case then AL has a point. Take the following as one potential example:

The charge to the club for the facilities/services is £3k per match. The number of fans in the stand for the friendly is 250 paying an average of £10 per head then the income is £2.5k hence the loss.

On a league game  match day there may be up to a thousand fans using the stand paying an average of £15 per head. No loss.

The proposed SLA is for the whole season, seems churlish at best to me to pick and choose especially as that has not been done for the past 2 seasons. Moreso becasue he already sold the tickets and packages on the basis of being there, and it inconveniences the fans and he allegedley owes money from last season. I'd says he's got a bloody cheek.

11 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

SLAs are common-place.  Don’t know the figures but the FLG confirmed its the same as last year so no surprises there.  The Clown cannot complain if the previous regime paid the same.  Understandably it might (should) be lower for friendlies because footfall is typically lower.

However it’s down to the Clown to make it work for him.  In order to make it profitable he needs more people through the gates.  In order to get more people through the gates he needs to strengthen the team.  He won’t entice the extra hundreds with that starting eleven who played in Morocco with that tractor Vera furrowing alone up front.

As said; all I can see is this Clown blubbering to the social media because his fans, who should be loyal to him, are being wined & dined into having a big pow wow in the Joe Royle stand.  If they all aggregate there then so be it - the same applies on a matchday.  The Clown needs to the pay the going rate, which was acceptable to the previous regime.  It’s nowt to do with SLAs or rents; it’s to do with the start of the revolution, shitting directly onto Lemsagam’s doorstep within a few yards of whilst pisstakingly watching his team at the same time.  

Lets get down to brass tacks here.  The bloke is French Moroccan.  Respect is massive in his culture.  This FLG is the ultimate show of disrespect.  It’s like a squatter phoning the bank to acquire a mortgage to seize your house from you...whilst sleeping in your spare bedroom and taking a dump in your bed whilst you’re out at work.

This bloke is expecting respect and gratitude ... the pow wow is the exact opposite.  It’s an irrefutable “fuck you and your fuckwitterty attempts of owning and moving a football club forward...you had your chance, blew it and we can do it much better without you...yes we’ll happy break our bread with you in the short-term but our plan is to oust you at the earliest opportunity”

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

Frankly I don’t get two f**ks what this ego-measuring competition is all about.  

My view is pretty simple.  

1. Strengthen the team properly and competitively.  Not this sad reflection of an Oldham team that played kickabout in Morocco last week

2. When I mean strengthen, I mean at least two decent strikers, a creative midfielder, a solid centre half or two plus a winger on the right.  Perhaps a wow signing or two to demonstrate your commitment and ambition

3. Play attacking, free scoring football from the off in pre-season and competitively starting at FGR

4. Perhaps then crowds will increase.  Extend the ST discount at start of season to entice further fans to sign up

At the moment all I’m seeing is a piss-poor (and that piss is boiling over) attempt to rebuild a team.  At the moment we’d be lucky to hold our own in this league let along be fighting for promotion.  I’m also seeing an owner spitting his dummy out because  this FLG is getting the fan attention because they’re opening the Joe Royle stand up to all fans, offering better pies, a better pint and a much better matchday experience.  Yes there’s a meeting afterward suggesting a future plan that implies it’s ideally without Lemsagam’s involvement... I could be wrong because both parties say fuck all and speak in riddles 

Surely both this FLG and Lemsagam want the same - a successful, profitable football club playing L1, ideally Championship football, whilst delivering attacking, scoring and winning football along the way?  A few quid gained in the very early days at a pre-season is totally immaterial in respect of the greater plan here.  Too many fucking egos for my liking at moment.

Oh...and in this interest of impartiality.  If this FLG think that they can do this better than Lemsagam then I hope that they have a robust plan to present at this meeting.  If Lemsagam cannot achieve these 6 points raised above - the 1st within the next few weeks - then we need a Plan B sharpish.  Smoke this fucking clown/charlatan out so we can get out this fucking league pronto... and I mean upwards 

Spot on👍

Anyone who went to Morocco and met up with the chairman did anyone challenge him over the way hes running the club or do they wait till they get behind the computer screen to vent their anger ? ..All I saw where pictures of star struck fans having their photos took with him.. 

25 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

SLAs are common-place.  Don’t know the figures but the FLG confirmed its the same as last year so no surprises there.  The Clown cannot complain if the previous regime paid the same.  Understandably it might (should) be lower for friendlies because footfall is typically lower.

Also, it has been widely reported he paid for much of the running costs the season 17/18 before he took over too, plus his Due Dilligence,  should mean that none of it is a surprise to suddently at the 11th hour cry wolf.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Of course it is.  Two of the FLG employees (who knows, they may be actually part of the FLG too) have been quite vocal on Twitter in the past and very recently regarding the owner.  Sarcasm and vague references from one, as is his way, and more direct from the other.  They don't like him and they make it obvious they don't like him. 

That's perfectly fine, they are allowed to not like him, but making it visible on social media and then trying to sort a deal is a bit silly... and is certainly not conducive to what they are suggesting they are trying to achieve amicably.

Archived