Joe Royle Stand and the OEC

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

He got just as much shit as everyone before or since, Moore aside... 

Many of our fans are just like that. 

I know. I recall.... but with the benefit of hindsight, not many could accuse him of being irresponsible & incompetent, not having a plan, nor failing to employ sound governance..... you could argue he lacked ambition from 1995 onwards.... but Lees Brewery had an enormous hand in that.....

I have not taken sides at the moment as to be honest I just want Latics to be the best they can be within the funds they have and just see this dispute as a massive diversion.

Having read some of the announcements from the as yet anonymous group (having a few fans involved is only window dressing) and noting that they are only seeking a 4% increase in charges (wish I could get a double inflation rise!) and some of their rhetoric,  would have hoped for better from those that say they want the best for the club.

I am not a blind AL supporter but as he owns and mainly funds the club and team I support, he has my support until that changes. Not perfect and I wish things were different but we are where we are and need to work with it and quit making it worse!!

9 minutes ago, Chaddy14 said:

I have not taken sides at the moment as to be honest I just want Latics to be the best they can be within the funds they have and just see this dispute as a massive diversion.

Having read some of the announcements from the as yet anonymous group (having a few fans involved is only window dressing) and noting that they are only seeking a 4% increase in charges (wish I could get a double inflation rise!) and some of their rhetoric,  would have hoped for better from those that say they want the best for the club.

I am not a blind AL supporter but as he owns and mainly funds the club and team I support, he has my support until that changes. Not perfect and I wish things were different but we are where we are and need to work with it and quit making it worse!!

The increase in minimum wage is more than 4%. The deal also gives more money back from other areas that they didn't receive before.

3 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

Anyone who went to Morocco and met up with the chairman did anyone challenge him over the way hes running the club or do they wait till they get behind the computer screen to vent their anger ? ..All I saw where pictures of star struck fans having their photos took with him.. 

Did they fuck, looked proper cringe. Star struck!

3 hours ago, Chaddy14 said:

The FLG wrote to AL in May regarding the SLA . How can he say the club is being held to ransom when he hasn't bothered to try and negotiate a better deal.  

3 hours ago, Chaddy14 said:

Having read some of the announcements from the as yet anonymous group (having a few fans involved is only window dressing) 

The two halves of that sentence directly contradict each other 

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Not really. Unless the two Simons are actually part of the group and not just employees/consultants. 

You can't say they are anonymous but the fans are window dressing. It makes no sense. 

It is not contradictory at all. As it calls itself FLG I assume it involves one or more “fans”. I don’t know who they are - anonymous?

What else do you need explaining? I’ll try and help.

5 hours ago, Chaddy14 said:

It is not contradictory at all. As it calls itself FLG I assume it involves one or more “fans”. I don’t know who they are - anonymous?

What else do you need explaining? I’ll try and help.

If you don't know who they are, how can you say they are window dressing? They could be multi millionaires, or more likely experienced in property, or have access to funds, or experience in managing aspects of the business? If you don't know who they are, how can you judge if they are unsuitable in your window dressing.?

As Jorvik said, NMW went up 4.9% in April. The Govt plans to increase the rate for over 25's further too. Costs have increased in other areas too.

Also, there are strong rumours he has not been paying what he owes anyway.
And as the owners get a share of revenues, they have to shoulder a share of the cost increases. I would summise that the costs have not increased with any regularity.

On 7/19/2019 at 10:27 AM, lookersstandandy said:

True. Although one could argue Stott did a good job in the 80s......

Stott was a chancer in the highest order. Remember him increasing his wage when he was found out and booted out of the FA.

A chairman puts money into a club, not takes it out.

36 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Stott was a chancer in the highest order. Remember him increasing his wage when he was found out and booted out of the FA.

A chairman puts money into a club, not takes it out.

Stott was never the owner. JW Lees were the majority shareholders at the club Stott was the Chairman and Chief executive. Arguably a role he did fairly well at for a long period. Although you can argue him the board and JW Lee's out stayed their welcome.

Just as a helpful recap (because I can't remember) how much does AL owe the OEC (a rumoured figure will do) and what does he/ the club get out of it?

Whatever the cost is, is it a figure that will have "negotiated" (😂) between Corney and the other two lads when the stand was opened?

1 minute ago, Twisbrogan said:

Just as a helpful recap (because I can't remember) how much does AL owe the OEC (a rumoured figure will do) and what does he/ the club get out of it?

Whatever the cost is, is it a figure that will have "negotiated" (😂) between Corney and the other two lads when the stand was opened?

My understanding was that OAFC subleased the hospitality to OEC for a fee of around £200k per year from their the OEC then takes the risks and rewards of the hospitality section in the North Stand.

A very common agreement within the sports industry that many stadiums outsource their hospitality like this. The company I used to work for was a hospitality and did this. They did it for 4 premiership clubs last season and several years United and City did it.

So by potentially shutting the North Stand he would be making a very poor commercial decision it's actually in his interests to work with these people.

25 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

My understanding was that OAFC subleased the hospitality to OEC for a fee of around £200k per year from their the OEC then takes the risks and rewards of the hospitality section in the North Stand.

A very common agreement within the sports industry that many stadiums outsource their hospitality like this. The company I used to work for was a hospitality and did this. They did it for 4 premiership clubs last season and several years United and City did it.

So by potentially shutting the North Stand he would be making a very poor commercial decision it's actually in his interests to work with these people.

He owes no where near that figure from what I understand ...and as it happens the OEC owe him money I heard today and that’s partly why he won’t pay his outstanding balance. 

57 minutes ago, super_blue said:

He owes no where near that figure from what I understand ...and as it happens the OEC owe him money I heard today and that’s partly why he won’t pay his outstanding balance. 

Correct. He owes them a hell of a lot more than they owe him. 

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Give us the detail seeing as you seem to be in the know.

One side says one thing and the other says another...main issue is the agreement between each side under Corney was as clear as mud and the issues go from there. 

Just now, super_blue said:

One side says one thing and the other says another...main issue is the agreement between each side under Corney was as clear as mud and the issues go from there. 

Logically then if the FLG have been pushing for a meeting for weeks AL is muddying issues further by refusing to speak to them?

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Logically then if the FLG have been pushing for a meeting for weeks AL is muddying issues further by refusing to speak to them?

Again that’s what they say but AL hasn’t  been in the county for weeks and i’m not saying that’s ok just the way it is. 

A lot of dirty play from the FLG currently in some regards thats not helping the football club. 

I’m judging no one and I only want the best for oldham athletic but the situation we are in will certainly not allow that! 

16 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Again that’s what they say but AL hasn’t  been in the county for weeks and i’m not saying that’s ok just the way it is. 

A lot of dirty play from the FLG currently in some regards thats not helping the football club. 

I’m judging no one and I only want the best for oldham athletic but the situation we are in will certainly not allow that! 

Your second and third paragraphs totally contradict each other.

As for AL not being here for weeks then who sacked Preist and Millington or are we blaming the FLG for that as well, you quite obviously work for the club so if your going to put it out there that the FLG are playing dirty then back it up, hopefully the meeting next week will leave fans with a clearer picture.

Archived