Joe Royle Stand and the OEC

18 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Your second and third paragraphs totally contradict each other.

As for AL not being here for weeks then who sacked Preist and Millington or are we blaming the FLG for that as well, you quite obviously work for the club so if your going to put it out there that the FLG are playing dirty then back it up, hopefully the meeting next week will leave fans with a clearer picture.

🤦🏻‍♂️ I don’t work for the club and never will for the record! 

AL isn’t our director of football his brother is. 

I’m blaming FLG for nothing as we still don’t know there long term plan. Just saying they are playing dirty as it stands. 

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, super_blue said:

🤦🏻‍♂️ I don’t work for the club and never will for the record! 

AL isn’t our director of football his brother is! 

Blaming FLG for nothing. Just saying they are playing dirty! 

Strange how you seem perfectly okay with the way the Lemsagams play though :mmm:

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Strange how you seem perfectly okay with the way the Lemsagams play though :mmm:

We’re not though are we and that’s clear to see! I don’t agree with the way AL is doing things but it’s not all one sided. 

We need the whole club, badge and land under the same owner!

Currently with the  fans in the middle it’s not going to work and creates division. 

51 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Again that’s what they say but AL hasn’t  been in the county for weeks and i’m not saying that’s ok just the way it is. 

A lot of dirty play from the FLG currently in some regards thats not helping the football club. 

I’m judging no one and I only want the best for oldham athletic but the situation we are in will certainly not allow that! 

Mo/Barry do the sackings. 

What dirty play are the FLG doing? 

1 minute ago, OAFCKeepTheFaith said:

Why is everybody being so coy regarding who’s behind the FLG - its that Paul fella who’s company ’built’ the stand isn't it?

Yes he's a name I've heard along with Brooke, Wood and Broady. I'm sure more will become apparent in the next week when I'd suggest faces are put to names and we see a little more transparency all round.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes he's a name I've heard along with Brooke, Wood and Broady. I'm sure more will become apparent in the next week when I'd suggest faces are put to names and we see a little more transparency all round.

A quick search of his businesses on Companies House doesn't make good reading.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

We’ve all heard Brooke, Wood and Broady as they have been announced as ‘employees/consultants’ by the FLG. 

Wasnt aware the property/builder was involved though. Has he got a few quid?

29 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

We’ve all heard Brooke, Wood and Broady as they have been announced as ‘employees/consultants’ by the FLG. 

Can’t really comment on those names listed, but I would expect to hear some former directors and Anna Kocheran listed amongst the names involved also.

You'd hope a builder/developer wouldn't be overpaying for it like Owen (I know, I know) suggested.

Might be getting mates rates off Blitz though, haven't they got previous business interests together?

40 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Search ’Holroy’ on Companies House...

Well, I decided to "play it down the middle" yesterday and had a few pints in the fans' bar prior to the game and then went into the O2 suite 20 mins before kick off and for a couple more after the game. The fans' bar was a little sparse and there was no real atmosphere. The atmosphere in the O2, I have to say, was much better and generally quite positive. I just listened to conversations around me and I too heard the name "Whitehead" as one of the main people involved in the FLG, although it was thought that Simon Brooke was only an employee involved in running the OEC, rather than being part of the FLG - but who knows?

What was palpable was the (almost) hatred expressed by those in the O2 for anyone associated with the FLG or indeed having dared to purchase a drink in there (I piped up that I had). Scabs who were lining the pockets of someone else other than the club was the sentiment. Honestly, I can see this turning nasty at some point as some views were extreme.

Overheard a conversation that the real problem in all this is Mr Blitz i.e. he's holding out for ridiculous money for his and Gazal's ownership of the land. It was said he'd turned down a £6M offer from AL - and was holding out for more (which presumably the FLG intend paying).

It was also said that Blitz would be happy to see the club fold full stop, so he could realise the true value of the land by developing it. I`ve seen it mentioned somewhere that there is a covenant about "leisure use" - I suppose if he created something like a community pond in the middle of a housing estate, that might get around that issue.

What saddened me most was the horrible polarisation of views - there is a very unhealthy division of fans and I suggest THAT needs sorting before all else and should be a major thrust of the Trust. Unless the fans are united, there is no prospect of success for Latics in my view.

Please bear in mind I am only passing on what I heard, so unsure of accuracy. Can someone just clarify once and for all though - it was stated that AL categorically owns 3 sides of the ground - I am not aware of that. 

As for the match; it was okay I thought with Maouche and Missilou being our best performers IMO.

7 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Well, I decided to "play it down the middle" yesterday and had a few pints in the fans' bar prior to the game and then went into the O2 suite 20 mins before kick off and for a couple more after the game. The fans' bar was a little sparse and there was no real atmosphere. The atmosphere in the O2, I have to say, was much better and generally quite positive. I just listened to conversations around me and I too heard the name "Whitehead" as one of the main people involved in the FLG, although it was thought that Simon Brooke was only an employee involved in running the OEC, rather than being part of the FLG - but who knows?

What was palpable was the (almost) hatred expressed by those in the O2 for anyone associated with the FLG or indeed having dared to purchase a drink in there (I piped up that I had). Scabs who were lining the pockets of someone else other than the club was the sentiment. Honestly, I can see this turning nasty at some point as some views were extreme.

Overheard a conversation that the real problem in all this is Mr Blitz i.e. he's holding out for ridiculous money for his and Gazal's ownership of the land. It was said he'd turned down a £6M offer from AL - and was holding out for more (which presumably the FLG intend paying).

It was also said that Blitz would be happy to see the club fold full stop, so he could realise the true value of the land by developing it. I`ve seen it mentioned somewhere that there is a covenant about "leisure use" - I suppose if he created something like a community pond in the middle of a housing estate, that might get around that issue.

What saddened me most was the horrible polarisation of views - there is a very unhealthy division of fans and I suggest THAT needs sorting before all else and should be a major thrust of the Trust. Unless the fans are united, there is no prospect of success for Latics in my view.

Please bear in mind I am only passing on what I heard, so unsure of accuracy. Can someone just clarify once and for all though - it was stated that AL categorically owns 3 sides of the ground - I am not aware of that. 

As for the match; it was okay I thought with Maouche and Missilou being our best performers IMO.

£6 mill from AL 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

22 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I offered £7 million - it’s bollocks, but if I say it to the right people to pass on it’ll be reet 

38 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

sorry I posted the wrong link. I will try and find it

Owner owns Club in name only and is responsible for that business that is OAFC - lterally he is a tennant

BB or Blitz/Gazal own footprint of BP.  BP is pitch, 4 stands, little wembly, car parks. As per the ACV and some surrounding land.They are our landlords.

13 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Your second and third paragraphs totally contradict each other.

As for AL not being here for weeks then who sacked Preist and Millington or are we blaming the FLG for that as well, you quite obviously work for the club so if your going to put it out there that the FLG are playing dirty then back it up, hopefully the meeting next week will leave fans with a clearer picture.

The meeting next week will I presume give a chance for the currently anonymous group to give their (one) side of the case. How will that make things clearer than a statement  or even earlier? Why the big mystery around the group for so long? Why not be a bit more transparent? 

It will just be even more disruptive in the lead up to the new season. 

Before the usual response of AL lover or naive. I'm not either but I am sick of the two sides playing about with the club I love and saying that have its interest at heart!!

12 minutes ago, underdog said:

sorry I posted the wrong link. I will try and find it

Owner owns Club in name only and is responsible for that business that is OAFC - lterally he is a tennant

BB or Blitz/Gazal own footprint of BP.  BP is pitch, 4 stands, little wembly, car parks. As per the ACV and some surrounding land.They are our landlords.

Thanks underdog for the clarification - and yes I was scratching my head at the link 

2 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Thanks underdog for the clarification - and yes I was scratching my head at the link 

I remember Trust posting at the time what was up for sale so to speak. But I can't find it as we updated the website. in the last 12 months

What is becoming apparent is the gap between the 2 sides of the argument is that the gap is getting wider. At some point there is going to be a conflict unless this is resolved. AL seems intent on dividing the fanbase, what his reasons are for this I have no idea. The FLG need to make their intentions clear pretty soon and then hopefully both sides can sit down and find some common ground. I'm done with it for the foreseeable future although a trip to Bradford is worth it for the beer and curry alone. It really is a sad state of affairs when some of our most loyal fans are ready to throw the towel in. 

For the good of the football club AL & the FLG need to get round a table and sort it all out ASAP, otherwise it’s going to escalate big time and develop into a Coventry type scenario and that’s the last thing we want!!!

Archived