OAFC Latest Accounts

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if £3.5m was to be paid off within 12 months, then it's now been paid, or another loan has been taken out to cover it. We will find out in 12 months time. Crazy, accounts should be filed no more than 6 months after the year end IMO. 

36 minutes ago, Lags said:

Could you imagine latics top of the league after Xmas?. The meltdown on otwb. 

Come on a bit of positivity just might make the week. 

No, as good as an imagination that I have. 

I really hope it happens, just can't see it with the squad as it is. 

54 minutes ago, Lags said:

But could you imagine the meltdown? 

Nah. People, myself included, would be ecstatic and understandably wondering how the fuck we'd managed to pull it off (another joke there to be resisted LL). It'd be mint.

42 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Nah. People, myself included, would be ecstatic and understandably wondering how the fuck we'd managed to pull it off (another joke there to be resisted LL). It'd be mint.

Yes I'd like to think that would be the reaction. Sadly for quite a few they'd also be pissed off the 'clown' came good. Fortunately for me I'd be in your camp

2 minutes ago, Lags said:

Yes I'd like to think that would be the reaction. Sadly for quite a few they'd also be pissed off the 'clown' came good. Fortunately for me I'd be in your camp

You seriously think any fan who takes time to post on here doesn't want the team to succeed?

Now that would be strange. Many of us just cant see it though.

Give us the positives then 10 days before the season kicks off, on or off the pitch.

3 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Does he need to be there? I'm starting to think he's his brothers little bitch? Seems mo is pulling the strings?

Nope, he doesn't. He will probably do it via Skype. It's not uncommon, and our former leader did that a few times, but I would have thought he would like to be there, considering it is the first one, although I do accept that if he has business to laund - I mean attend to, then it can't be helped.

I completely agree that Mo is the worst...

8 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Nope, he doesn't. He will probably do it via Skype. It's not uncommon, and our former leader did that a few times, but I would have thought he would like to be there, considering it is the first one, although I do accept that if he has business to laund - I mean attend to, then it can't be helped.

I completely agree that Mo is the worst...

We need to turn on that flat capped idiot! We should all don flat caps

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

You seriously think any fan who takes time to post on here doesn't want the team to succeed?

Give us the positives then 10 days before the season kicks off, on or off the pitch.

Behave there's plenty on this board would love to be right. I hope they're wrong

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes. Seriously. It’s nailed on some don’t want AL to succeed. Weird bunch of wankers they are. Notably those taking glee at Rochdale going 2-0 up on Saturday. They’ll justify it too with “well it will go shit in the end anyway”

Absolute cretins. 

39 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Yes. Seriously. It’s nailed on some don’t want AL to succeed. Weird bunch of wankers they are. Notably those taking glee at Rochdale going 2-0 up on Saturday. They’ll justify it too with “well it will go shit in the end anyway”

Absolute cretins. 

I don’t think there is a difference between the football team and the owner at our club. He is responsible for the quality of player on the pitch. To claim otherwise is daft. 

Its similar when we desperately want a manager gone- fans sometimes hope the team loses a one off fixture for the greater good. IE so we start winning again. Here it’s different, the manger is just a stooge, so normal rules don’t apply. Fans cheer Rochdale winning, (or anything that might see AL’s demise) not because they ideally want to lose, but because it’s a protest vote on the quality of HIS team and the way the club is run. 

We all know that it’s results based business. But, if an owner runs the club well, backs his manager, and is generally thought a good custodian of the club. He buys himself time and good grace with fans whatever happens. Then if/when results falter and we know the club is ok, we look to the manager.  It’s no surprise then that when our owner is none of the above and we go through mangers every two minutes, people look to who is ‘stoping’ or ‘blocking’ our success.

I will always want the team to do well, and if it’s with AL I’ll swallow it because I’m fickle. But I’d much prefer it, if we did great on the back of being a well run club. 

Yours 

Weird wanker. 😁

6 hours ago, Lags said:

Behave there's plenty on this board would love to be right. I hope they're wrong

6 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Absolute cretins. 

Who are these people go on name and shame them.

16 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

The Company Oldham Athletic 2004 AFC Ltd has a much improved condition although still in a negative state.

In the Year to 26th (30th) June 2018 1 of 2 things happened;

1) The Football Club became massively profitable   OR.......

2) Some creditors (Long term ones at that) disappeared. IE Were written Off.

I suggest the latter.

The Balance Sheet is improved by some £5.5M so is now just simply shit as compared with horrendously shit as it had been previously.

If Barrie Owen still reads the site he is still a tosser, in my humble opinion.

That sums it up,  in response to 2 the latter is more likely. 

I expect that the long term liabilities that have reduced were owed to TTA or one of their companies.Consequently when AL bought the club either

"TTA "wrote off their loans

or

AL paid off their loans and is not expecting to be repaid the himself by OAFC

or

a combination of both of the above

Archived