Forest Green Rovers (a)

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

I wonder what Wheater must be thinking....

He must be on a proper wedge to have even considered coming here!

He got a terrible offer from Bolton, so the wedge might not be as ‘proper’ as you think. 

I would imagine he is thinking that we need to improve and with a loan or two and the other new signings and Nepo starting that we should. 

Pro Footballers aren’t as panic stricken and hysterical as Oldham faves as a rule, or they would never have made it to pro level. 

24 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Ha. Awww. Putting words in others mouths in fine OWTB fashion. 

You see... in actually fact I’m not as one eyed as some here who have fixed opinions on their ‘heroes’.   I just say what I see. 

From what I saw of Maouche against Halifax, if he continues like that then not only would I take the captaincy away from him, I would also drop him sharpish.  We need to get another option in quick though.  Wheater should be captain, I’ve already said that.  

At at least try to be balanced. 

(Dan Gardner is still crap and I’m delighted he’s gone and Byrne is still a petulant kid 😁)

You fail pretty miserably at being balanced. You have a bad reputation on this board for a reason.

As for Maouche as I've said just an Algerian Danny Whittaker who is only at the club because of the Lemsagams. 

I'd have Byrne and Gardner over him  any day both had their faults but neither go hiding like he does.

7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You fail pretty miserably at being balanced. You have a bad reputation on this board for a reason.

As for Maouche as I've said just an Algerian Danny Whittaker who is only at the club because of the Lemsagams. 

I'd have Byrne and Gardner over him  any day both had their faults but neither go hiding like he does.

One has gone to Ireland, the other is going to no league.  That’s hiding. 😂

15 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

So captain fantastic did another disappearing act then?

14 hours ago, daniel said:

Just don’t see what some of our fans see in him. Gives the ball away a zillion times a game, he’s lightweight and games usually just bypass him. He does show glimpses of a player, but it’s his 3rd season now and I still don’t know what he brings to this team on a consistent basis. Don’t get how he’s captain either, very strange decision that.

14 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Maouche is powder puff, does nothing when the going gets tough

13 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

....bin saying this since Xmas.... he only turns up 1 in every 10 games. To make him captain is laughable.....

10 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Maouche seems to have gone backwards since demanding the armband, I was embarrassed for Wheater having to follow him out today, strange decision not to make him skipper.

10 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Christ on a bicycle, that was awful. And don't get me started on Maouche. What a bloody lightweight and being captain is laughable. Was it in his contract? There's no other reason I can think of to give him the armband.

7 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Oh don't say that.

Kowethicki and McFluff won't have it that captain £4k a week is infact a bag of shit who only turns up when he feels like it. We were lucky to keep a player of such magnitude in summer. Its as if he only gets the armband because he's

the Lemsagams head boy.

20 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

From what I saw of Maouche against Halifax, if he continues like that then not only would I take the captaincy away from him, I would also drop him sharpish.  We need to get another option in quick though.  Wheater should be captain, I’ve already said that.  

Wow! 😲 

I was at the game yesterday and I cannot help but think that one or two on here have it in for Maouche. Yes he didn’t have a great game yesterday but he was nowhere near as bad as some are making out.  With Woods, Wheater and Mills being the exceptions, the rest of the team were fairly average at best. 

A poor performance resulting in defeat so let’s lump on the captain. 

😮 

7 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Wow! 😲 

I was at the game yesterday and I cannot help but think that one or two on here have it in for Maouche. Yes he didn’t have a great game yesterday but he was nowhere near as bad as some are making out.  With Woods, Wheater and Mills being the exceptions, the rest of the team were fairly average at best. 

😮 

I wasn’t there. Can’t comment.  But he was ineffectual against Halifax.  You’re right though... most players were garbage that night but they get passes. 

Of course they have it in for him. Took Super Dan’s place. (“championship standard”)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Wow! 😲 

😮 

So which qualities did he show in his role then, okay he's not really started the season well but what other attributes as a leader does he bring? We are well aware that he has the Lemsagams ear (putting that nice) I'm just interested to know what leadership qualities he has.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

So which qualities did he show in his role then, okay he's not really started the season well but what other attributes as a leader does he bring? We are well aware that he has the Lemsagams ear (putting that nice) I'm just interested to know what leadership qualities he has.

Hes not talking about his captaincy. I think everyone agrees that should be Wheater. 

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Just now, kowenicki said:

He's not talking about his captaincy. I think everyone agrees that should be Wheater. 

Exactly.

Just now, kowenicki said:

Hes not talking about his captaincy. I think everyone agrees that should be Wheater. 

Maybe having the armband is too much for him, it does happen and maybe he'd be as well stepping aside to concentrate on his own form.

11 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Wow! 😲 

😮 

When you’re put in midfield to be the creative outlet you’re going to shoulder a lot of the criticism when the team shows no creativity.

Wanting the ball and trying things that just don’t come off, wouldn’t be criticised. This guy is completely disinterested for the large majority of games. Compare him to Mills who was always on the move and found himself in acres of space quite a few times, it’s night and day.

We’ve seen his ability so we all know it’s there, it’s just a complete lack of application.

• Like 2

Being out of the country, I read the match report on the official site and found it a somewhat strange read almost as if it was written by someone with no connection to club whatsoever...a disinterested party or a neutral? Feels like it was written by a bloody robot. :D 

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

Being out of the country, I read the match report on the official site and found it a somewhat strange read almost as if it was written by someone with no connection to club whatsoever...a disinterested party or a neutral? Feels like it was written by a bloody robot. :D 

Its probably how AL’s dictation comes across coupled with Birkett’s (il)literacy 

Obviously not the end of the world for a football team to play for 90 minutes without getting either a shot on target or a corner.  Not the end of the world for both strikers to fail to convert chances because they couldn't get a shot on target.

Mouse is disliked because of his failure to use his obvious ability all the time and the perception that some times this is because he can't be arsed.  In a team assembled by Marco and Mo and probably picked under their influence we do rather appear to be a showcase for poor talent and that does mean we will struggle in particular if the captain still can't be arsed.

I will be able to judge once I work out who is who when we attempt to play attacking football against Crewe.

10 hours ago, inspectormorose said:

I went today, with my usual 2 companions, we differ in age so have seen different eras but sometimes our player experiences overlap. Carlo Corazzin came up in conversation today, I think he was overrated others thought his work for the team transcended that and made him a valuable asset. In short, we're not an echo chamber for each others views.

When we started seeing comments about this being a relegation team, during (on twitter at half time), and after todays game based on todays performance we were all a bit gobsmacked to be honest.

We were at the end we defended first half, Wheater walked the game, should be captain, Sefil had a couple of heart in mouth moments but that apart the defence played solidly first half and Woods never had a save to make. Could have had a penalty at the other end for a possible foul on Wilson, other people might have been better placed than me to give an opinion on it. We weren't under the cosh.

Second half we actually had the better of the first 15 minutes for me but then things went South, we seemed to drop deeper and invite problems and shipped one.

Mills had a fair penalty shout turned down.

We lack badly up front and unless we recruit will struggle big time to score (so in one sense I get the relegation comments, if you're not scoring you're fucked) but that defence won't ship goals this season for me and given Wheater turned up a couple of days ago his experience should help bring Sefil on hopefully.

It was the first game of the season, away against a team who were in the play offs last season, not a disaster and you don't get relegated after your first game.

Possibly a slight overreaction going on?

0 shots on target and not even a corner is pretty worrying imo. For comparison, there wasn’t a league game last season where we didn’t muster a single shot on target and you’d have to go back to Rochdale away under Wellens...

3 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Obviously not the end of the world for a football team to play for 90 minutes without getting either a shot on target or a corner.  Not the end of the world for both strikers to fail to convert chances because they couldn't get a shot on target.

Mouse is disliked because of his failure to use his obvious ability all the time and the perception that some times this is because he can't be arsed.  In a team assembled by Marco and Mo and probably picked under their influence we do rather appear to be a showcase for poor talent and that does mean we will struggle in particular if the captain still can't be arsed.

I will be able to judge once I work out who is who when we attempt to play attacking football against Crewe.

I will be able to judge once I work out who is who ‘IF’ we attempt to play attacking football against Crewe.

14 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

That's a joke right?

I'm really hoping that's not true, or else the farce that is the club will have reached a new level.

Don't tell me AL and Mo gave the half time team talk leaving Banide outside?