Forest Green Rovers (a)

15 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that they might get it right at some point though? Even if they fluke it? 

We all often think we know better than whoever our manager is at any given time....

They could help themselves by recruiting better players, ain't fluking anything with bad ones.

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that they might get it right at some point though? Even if they fluke it? 

We all often think we know better than whoever our manager is at any given time....

Clocks are right twice a day but a club run in the way ours currently is does not succeed over any significant length of time - egos their size will eventually find a way to infect anything positive.

I was talking to George Williams' dad in my local this afternoon who said George's leg is fractured and that FGR are looking into making a complaint into the tackle with a view to getting the ref and/or EFL taking retrospective action.

I have no idea about the rules but is this a viable proposition?

10 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

I was talking to George Williams' dad in my local this afternoon who said George's leg is fractured and that FGR are looking into making a complaint into the tackle with a view to getting the ref and/or EFL taking retrospective action.

As Mills was booked, I don’t think that retrospective action can be taken.

I was stood about 5 metres from the incident and it didn’t look bad at all at the time but one of my lads said there was footage on the internet which made it look like a really nasty challenge.  Haven’t seen it myself though.  Hope Williams recovers fully and quickly.

13 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

As for Maouche as I've said just an Algerian Danny Whittaker

Danny Whitaker who had played 158 League games before us and played hundreds more after? I'm literally dreaming of a team of Danny Whitakers

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

As Mills was booked, I don’t think that retrospective action can be taken.

I was stood about 5 metres from the incident and it didn’t look bad at all at the time but one of my lads said there was footage on the internet which made it look like a really nasty challenge.  Haven’t seen it myself though.  Hope Williams recovers fully and quickly.

He wasn't booked for it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

No. It was a legitimate 50:50 that Williams won, but Mills moves his foot OUT of a dangerous position, to protect something worse. 

His leg is fractured but it is the fibula only, based on the reports. You can walk on a fractured fibula, and that will help any case we might need to present in Mills defence. The person with the best view, bar those of our fans in line with the incident, I was one,  was the ref. 

15 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

No. It was a legitimate 50:50 that Williams won, but Mills moves his foot OUT of a dangerous position, to protect something worse. 

His leg is fractured but it is the fibula only, based on the reports. You can walk on a fractured fibula, and that will help any case we might need to present in Mills defence. The person with the best view, bar those of our fans in line with the incident, I was one,  was the ref. 

It s a real shame because Mills was committed all day but never dirty and put in a really good performance, the early challenge looked 50/50 and just unlucky for Williams. The Ref was close to it and obviously thought the same.

FGR are a nice, family club and try to play good football so it’s sad if this turns into something unpleasant.

25 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

It s a real shame because Mills was committed all day but never dirty and put in a really good performance, the early challenge looked 50/50 and just unlucky for Williams. The Ref was close to it and obviously thought the same.

FGR are a nice, family club and try to play good football so it’s sad if this turns into something unpleasant.

Edited by Ritchierich
Duplicate post

9 hours ago, leeslover said:

My mate who was watching from the FGR stand described us as, "physically robust," (his quotations). I must say it was the most pleasing thing I heard about us, even if it wasn't entirely meant as a compliment 

Was it Winchester? :grin: 

• Like 3

Apart from the strange formation with Mills on the wing, my thought was Banide was trying to put a team together that wouldn't leak goals. Thought we did ok first half, Wilson looked lively. Second half, Forest Green much the better side. Iacovitti was poor but I thought Sefil did ok. Ref was awful. Vera Duckworth missed a sitter, No corners and no real attempts at goal... we got what we deserved nothing. Pint and veggie burger was decent mind.