Forest Green Rovers (a)

7 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

As of this afternoon, 419 tickets sold. 

That's superb given the journey involved and the way pre-season has gone, Just hope the players acknowledge the fans and give it a reet good go 🙏

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

Be interesting to see how many more POTD, especially after the slightly better squad news yesterday

The Wheater signing definitely is a massive positive for the season, but is he fit for tomorrow?  Can't imagine he's had much of a pre-season at Bolton.

2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

The Wheater signing definitely is a massive positive for the season, but is he fit for tomorrow?  Can't imagine he's had much of a pre-season at Bolton.

I don't think fitness will be an issue a non match fit, but still cardiovascular fit David Wheater is better than the rest. Clarke often played when not fully fit, I'd expect Wheater to do the same this season. 

3 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Baxter wasnt fit but was still our best player last season.

9 minutes ago, OL9erlatic said:

Quick question, not been to a friendly so was wondering are we likely to be 4-4-2 this season from what's games in pre-season or 3-5-2, trying to pass the day till clocking off and looking at the squad I think we'd suit 3-5-2 more

We have tried this formation a fair few times and are always shit with it. 

8 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

We have tried this formation a fair few times and are always shit with it. 

True but under different managers and with different squads, just a question and thought and forgot we'd been setting the world on fire with 4-4-2 aswell

12 minutes ago, OL9erlatic said:

True but under different managers and with different squads, just a question and thought and forgot we'd been setting the world on fire with 4-4-2 aswell

I like the formation but we have tried it a few times with different managers, different squads and it’s never really worked. Most the time we end up changing the formation by half time, you need a good quality wing back for the formation to work, don’t believe we have that. 

Anyways, it will be a 4-2-3-1 formation with Vera up top on his own. 

25 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I like the formation but we have tried it a few times with different managers, different squads and it’s never really worked. Most the time we end up changing the formation by half time, you need a good quality wing back for the formation to work, don’t believe we have that. 

Anyways, it will be a 4-2-3-1 formation with Vera up top on his own. 

Fair enough, was having a thought while wishing 4 o'clock on whilst undercoating some skirting, id have thought Lacovitti is more suited to a cb role and can see Hamer turning to a cb in the future and with Wheater in the middle looks a decent back 3, have we signed another lb this summer or is Lacovitti our likely starter? apologise if already been mentioned I don't have a clue who any of these incoming are barring Wheater over the last 2 days

3 minutes ago, OL9erlatic said:

Fair enough, was having a thought while wishing 4 o'clock on whilst undercoating some skirting, id have thought Lacovitti is more suited to a cb role and can see Hamer turning to a cb in the future and with Wheater in the middle looks a decent back 3, have we signed another lb this summer or is Lacovitti our likely starter? apologise if already been mentioned I don't have a clue who any of these incoming are barring Wheater over the last 2 days

It's not bloody LACOVITTI. It's IACOVITTI. In answer to the LB question, it's either him, Stott or Swabey-Neavin until Smith-Brown is available.

• Like 1