Forest Green Rovers (a)

1 minute ago, True Tic said:

Fantastic, a late goal too. 

Cant cope with this shit again for a full season. 

Im same... Would rather finish bottom and get beat 7-3 every week if we at least have a go. Last season I got sick to death of giving respect to abysmal teams and playing one up top

• Like 1

Just now, Fruitygoo said:

Im same... Would rather finish bottom and get beat 7-3 every week if we at least have a go. Last season I got sick to death of giving respect to abysmal teams and playing one up top

Vera on now to lift your hopes.

Awful. Midfield offers nothing in terms of service to the forwards, who are also way off. Big trouble if we don’t get in a decent CM to replace Maouche and a decent striker this week. Defence looked fine and with Egert and the LB to come in I think we’ll be ok there. Banide won’t last long here with negative shite tactics like that.

Just now, daniel said:

Awful. Midfield offers nothing in terms of service to the forwards, who are also way off. Big trouble if we don’t get in a decent CM to replace Maouche and a decent striker this week. Defence looked fine and with Egert and the LB to come in I think we’ll be ok there. Banide won’t last long here with negative shite tactics like that.

So captain fantastic did another disappearing act then?

On 7/31/2019 at 6:47 PM, Simpo said:

I've never put a bet on a game of football, and have not seen us pre-season, but...

I'm considering putting a few on for Saturday:

£10 on Forest Green to win
£10 double FGR & Exeter (vs Macc)
£10 treble FGR & Exeter & Wycombe (vs Bolton)

Is that any good, or would you change any of the games?

At least this came in.

How was it:
a) compared to expectations?
b) compared to FGR away last season?

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Set up and played for 0-0, didn’t get it. 

Even 1-0 he played so negative, Wilson off for desire, forest green even at 1-0 up went for the kill, knowing very well we were sitting back, there keeper was well out of his 12 yard box all game pissing himself, mills was the only positive upfront today( but ain’t he a defender)

1 minute ago, Simpo said:

At least this came in.

How was it:
a) compared to expectations?
b) compared to FGR away last season?

b) away last year it was the most awful game. The first half today at least sounded like we were on top. It still sounded very dull though. Although that could’ve been the commentary. I miss Gordon. And Sam. 😢

Two holding midfielders and one up front didn't work in the pre season friendlies against non league opposition, so no surprise at this negative showing.

Crewe got thrashed 3-0 today so surely that's an indication we need to attack them.

Something tells me though  this head coach won't change his mentality.

Monaco or not he doesn't inspire me, nor the players it seems 

Edited by BP1960

26 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We've changed our name this season to Oldham Athletic Nil

This season?

No threat in attack. Vera misses sitter, which is phrase I fear we'll use a lot this season - how the fuck is he a footballer. Mills looks alright. Keeper saved us a couple of times. Ivancotti's awareness of what's going on around him is a joke. 

Happy new predictable season..