David Wheater signs

51 minutes ago, super_blue said:

A friend of mine use to be one of the kit men at Bolton and he’s saying nothing but good stuff about him. Hard worker, solid player Massive character in the dressing room who takes no BS and a leader of men! 

Great addition and as much as I loved and respected Clarkey he’s a step up on my opinion. 

Not sure those attributes will go down well with our leaders! 

13 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Builder and the two Simon’s like the Fleetwood signing of Clarke.... but have all thus far ignored the tweet announcing signing of Wheater. 

’fan’ led group. 

Petty. 

Because they personally know and like Clarke and are glad he’s got a deal sorted, but don’t know Wheater from Adam?

And yes, they are fans leading a group... Fan. Led. Group. 

3 minutes ago, maddog said:

Because they personally know and like Clarke and are glad he’s got a deal sorted, but don’t know Wheater from Adam?

To be fair they're fans of the club they should be loving this signing.

Although they may not have logged on to Twitter yet, too busy going through a box of tissues like most other Latics fans over it

6 minutes ago, maddog said:

And yes, they are fans leading a group... Fan. Led. Group. 

They’ll like it soon after they’ve gauged the mood and read the forum. 

38 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Builder and the two Simon’s like the Fleetwood signing of Clarke.... but have all thus far ignored the tweet announcing signing of Wheater. 

’fan’ led group. 

Petty. 

🤣

Edited by Senor_Coconut
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Gone from a bottom 7 team to a top 7 team in the space of 24 hours.

Get a goal scorer in and a half decent left back and we’ll piss this league!

i believe we have spoken to a certain some one at wigan aboot lang..let wait and see i guess and talk about a two footed left back joining tomorrow.. watch this space  i guess 

Edited by Frankies6

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

’fan’ led group. 

Petty. 

Irony clearly lost on you.

4 minutes ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

Perhaps one for Playershare.

I was alerted to his potential by a top scout who's known him since his clubs youth team. Not been given many first team chances yet and maybe won't as the club have big money to spend on strikers. If he does get in their first team the chance will be gone. He's a gamble and I will be interested to see what develops this season. 

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I was alerted to his potential by a top scout who's known him since his clubs youth team. Not been given many first team chances yet and maybe won't as the club have big money to spend on strikers. If he does get in their first team the chance will be gone. He's a gamble and I will be interested to see what develops this season. 

Tyler Walker??

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Not sure why people are bleating on about this signing ..

Let's not forget he got relegated last season ..

Also doesn't solve the nil's up front against Stockport and f*cking Halifax ..

Mind blowing. 

45 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Not sure why people are bleating on about this signing ..

Let's not forget he got relegated last season ..

Also doesn't solve the nil's up front against Stockport and f*cking Halifax ..

It’s a cracking signing, and just what we need. I’m not a AL fan by any stretch, but credit where credit’s due. On the face of it Wheater is a better calibre of player than we thought we’d be getting. Good luck to

him, I hope he’s a big success because he looks like he’ll be the perfect replacement for Clarkey.

If we could get a striker and a midfielder in of a similar standard then I’d start to feel really optimistic for the season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, owdumer said:

Captain Marvel is a woman!

You have a woman's bottom Wheater. I’ll wager that sweet round pair of peaches has never been forced twixt two splintered brothers to plug a leak and save a team from relegation.

Edited by L1onheartNew

10 hours ago, kowenicki said:

They’ll like it soon after they’ve gauged the mood and read the forum. 

Confirmed. 

How cute. Two of them even got a bit triggered by it after a prod by their “mate”.  Especially Wood.  😂.  

Fair play to the builder though for ending his positive post with a cryptic threat of doom.  

I do do wish they’d concentrate on doing good things and trying to move things along.  I see there is still no update on the ‘site’ following the presentation. 

Edited by kowenicki

28 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Confirmed. 

How cute. Two of them even got a bit triggered by it after a prod by their “mate”.  Especially Wood.  😂.  

Fair play to the builder though for ending his positive post with a cryptic threat of doom.  

I do do wish they’d concentrate on doing good things and trying to move things along.  I see there is still no update on the ‘site’ following the presentation. 

It's going a bit overboard this isn't it - trawling social media looking for sticks to bash the FLG with?  It's not like you can compare not liking a tweet quick enough to banishing senior players to train with the youths for no good reason.  Or comparing not releasing a presentation as quick as they said they would (but that they've already presented to anyone who wanted to see it) to not paying employee pension contributions for months on end.

However far the FLG get with what they are trying to do, they will make mistakes, they will do things that piss some fans off - in other words they're human.  The key is their intention and how they go about things in general.  We're all waiting to see how that pans out.  But what we can comment on is how things have gone at the club under AL's leadership to date and there are many things that have happened that ring serious alarm bells.  Those are worth commenting on.  If AL's worst crime was calling someone a wanker on twitter or something funny about his sleeves (🤷‍♂️) then no one would give a shit about how the club was being run. We'd just be moaning about finishing in the bottom half of league 2 😂

But credit where it's due - Wheater is as good a replacement for Clarke as we could have realistically hoped for. A fantastic signing. Fingers crossed he's not training with the youths by easter like some of our previous big earners!!!

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It's going a bit overboard this isn't it - trawling social media looking for sticks to bash the FLG with?  It's not like you can compare not liking a tweet quick enough to banishing senior players to train with the youths for no good reason.  Or comparing not releasing a presentation as quick as they said they would (but that they've already presented to anyone who wanted to see it) to not paying employee pension contributions for months on end.

However far the FLG get with what they are trying to do, they will make mistakes, they will do things that piss some fans off - in other words they're human.  The key is their intention and how they go about things in general.  We're all waiting to see how that pans out.  But what we can comment on is how things have gone at the club under AL's leadership to date and there are many things that have happened that ring serious alarm bells.  Those are worth commenting on.  If AL's worst crime was calling someone a wanker on twitter or something funny about his sleeves (🤷‍♂️) then no one would give a shit about how the club was being run. We'd just be moaning about finishing in the bottom half of league 2 😂

But credit where it's due - Wheater is as good a replacement for Clarke as we could have realistically hoped for. A fantastic signing. Fingers crossed he's not training with the youths by easter like some of our previous big earners!!!

Totally agree. Might want to tell LeeSinott that. He’s like a kid in a school playground running of to tell one group what the other group said... which I suppose is understandable.  

Peiole do understand and how social media works right.  There is no “trawling” required.  Follow someone and it’s there right in front of you. Anyhow...

I agree 100% about the FLG too. I just want them to get on with it and cut out the sarcastic digs. There is no need to get involved at the level they think AL is at.  Try and bring some professionalism and class to the table... crazy idea in the football world I know, but it just might work. 

Edited by kowenicki