Liverpool game now 7pm kick off Wednesday

9 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

He couldn't be arsed tonight. 

Like I said I didn’t watch it properly but it didn’t look like that to me. 

It looked like that the other couple of times I’ve seen him play. 

Maybe, it’s just a bit of a lazy assessment by many ? People have already made their minds up it seems. Some won’t change that if he bags 20 !! 

Just to clarify , would I have re-signed him on what I’d witnessed ? (very little) No I definitely wouldn’t. But like it or not he’s our player. Get behind the fella and he may just start to show why he’s played in La Liga. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Simpo said:

Perfect use of this comp. 19-year-old homegrown captain. Game time for players who won't be getting much. 3 points in a potential money earning tournament. One more win from the remaining two games should see us through.

Iacovitti getting a game is probably bad news for him, funnily. I expect, barring any superb performances this evening, the plan was for nearly everyone who played tonight to miss out on Saturday,. Except Ash Smith-Brown, who LB will have wanted to see in action, and probs Sylla. I think Mills will revert to right back as we hopefully go more attacking against Crewe.

What about Hamer, probably our best player tonight?

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

What about Hamer, probably our best player tonight?

Yep, it's a quandary that was inevitable once we signed Mills. Sign of a good player that can keep forcing himself into the first team again and again, even as a teenager.

My first guess is that they'll often play together on the right flank in away games, and scrap over who gets to start in home games.

6 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Maybe, it’s just a bit of a lazy assessment by many ? People have already made their minds up it seems. Some won’t change that if he bags 20 !! 

Just to clarify , would I have re-signed him on what I’d witnessed ? (very little) No I definitely wouldn’t. But like it or not he’s our player. Get behind the fella and he may just start to show why he’s played in La Liga. 

He played the equivalent of 1 game (95 mins over 5 games) 8 and a bit years ago. Michael Clegg-esque. 
His 6 goals in 20 games for Cluj as Romanian Champions, and the fact he could have been playing Celtic tonight is massively more relevant.

1 minute ago, singe said:

He played the equivalent of 1 game (95 mins over 5 games) 8 and a bit years ago. Michael Clegg-esque. 
His 6 goals in 20 games for Cluj as Romanian Champions, and the fact he could have been playing Celtic tonight is massively more relevant.

Okay. He’s shit and definitely won’t improve with a run of games. Sorry for trying to give the lad a chance. FFS singe , when was the last time you had anything positive or constructive to say ? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Sylla was decent too despite getting penalised every time he went near any of their overprotected youth. Wouldn’t mind their 46 on loan for the season mind.

Agreed. Massive upgrade on Fane. I like him from what I’ve seen. 

No doubt singe can make us a pie chart and a slide show on why he will fail though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Sylla was decent too despite getting penalised every time he went near any of their overprotected youth. Wouldn’t mind their 46 on loan for the season mind.

Considering most of their players had numbers between 40 and 80 on their shirts you'd think they'd have a few available.

Edited by BP1960

17 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Was he on the pitch when we scored the winner?

Really? I expected better of you. That has nothing to do with it. He hadn't of run their defenders ragged for 75 minutes, they wouldn't have been as tired and could have stopped the winner .. all if's and but's.

Tom Hamer... It's easy to forget how young he is. Yes a good chunk of then have come at a lower level, but he's played twice as many games as Tarky had at the same age. Thinking about it, he shouldn't be wasted on the bench too much. Could easily be his last season with us.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I’ve only really watched him once v Dale in pre-season and I have to agree. Thought he showed intelligence and some good touches, albeit with not much pace. Perhaps the plan is to use him as a link up with goals hopefully from the three behind him. Could well be proved wrong but hope I’m right....

1 minute ago, The Blue Alb said:

I’ve only really watched him once v Dale in pre-season and I have to agree. Thought he showed intelligence and some good touches, albeit with not much pace. Perhaps the plan is to use him as a link up with goals hopefully from the three behind him. Could well be proved wrong but hope I’m right....

If he does come good and we lose him on a free the very same critics will be apoplectic about that too !! 

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I’m gonna stick my neck out big time. 

Urko Vera will come good. All you haters will pretend you always rated him. I think he’s lacking in confidence. 

I only semi-watched tbh, but I definitely saw some nice touches and link up. He was also chasing down defenders lots and put in a good shift. 

I really hope I’m  right anyway. 

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say Vera is absolute dog shite, I think he's lacking in ability as well as desire.

I really hope I'm wrong anyway.

Of course Vera shows some good touches, he’s played at a higher level over the years but he is now so slow and cumbersome .....he cant win a ball in the air because he can’t jump, can’t hold the ball up because he’s not fit enough and can’t beat anyone for pace because he doesn’t have any.

He may have been a decent player some years ago but this is 2019 in the English 4th tier and he isn’t good enough, even for a team as poor as Oldham.

1 hour ago, Simpo said:

Perfect use of this comp. 19-year-old homegrown captain. Game time for players who won't be getting much. 3 points in a potential money earning tournament. One more win from the remaining two games should see us through.

Iacovitti getting a game is probably bad news for him, funnily. I expect, barring any superb performances this evening, the plan was for nearly everyone who played tonight to miss out on Saturday,. Except Ash Smith-Brown, who LB will have wanted to see in action, and probs Sylla. I think Mills will revert to right back as we hopefully go more attacking against Crewe.

Me personally i would play Stott ar CB with Wheater...I think he could develop into a decent CB playing alongside experience.. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Okay. He’s shit and definitely won’t improve with a run of games. Sorry for trying to give the lad a chance. FFS singe , when was the last time you had anything positive or constructive to say ? 

In that post. His La Liga is irrelevant, but his Romanian Champions experience is far more relevant and what he can aspire to and that he could have been playing in Champions League is a good thing, I concede a  negative note though. He is that he is fading fast

5 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Me personally i would play Stott ar CB with Wheater...I think he could develop into a decent CB playing alongside experience.. 

Looked like a good communicator in the little I saw of this game (final 35 mins), encouraging

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Well explain, why do you think it's a good idea to change your captain, change your goalkeeper and make eight changes into just the second game of the season?

Are the players tired?
Did he not know/does he not know is best XI?

You are either a wind up merchant or really thick.