Liverpool game now 7pm kick off Wednesday

12 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Damn. I rattled that echo chamber again  🙄😄

The sole reason we went down was thanks to a man called Simon Corney. A man who resided over a decade of cancer. Who sold the club on January 27th of a season he went into with bank accounts frozen, court dates pending and under a player embargo. And was still Chairman until being forcibly removed in May 2018. I do cringe when people want to pin relegation on AL. Says a lot about that person 👍

I'm not sure you can talk about echo chambers when I'm having a discussion with someone whose opinion differs greatly to mine.  On a forum where all opinions are welcome and expressed regularly.  But you crack on with going for personal insults and avoiding issues raised.

I'm not arguing with you about what Corney did.  And I'm not saying AL Is the sole reason for relegation or that he is 100% bad.  I just have concerns about he's running things.

I will have another go at asking though... based on everything that's out there (from ex employees, players etc, reports in media, club statements NOT fan rumour) - do you have any concerns about the working environment at the club under the current owner?

13 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I'm not sure you can talk about echo chambers when I'm having a discussion with someone whose opinion differs greatly to mine.  On a forum where all opinions are welcome and expressed regularly.  But you crack on with going for personal insults and avoiding issues raised.

I'm not arguing with you about what Corney did.  And I'm not saying AL Is the sole reason for relegation or that he is 100% bad.  I just have concerns about he's running things.

I will have another go at asking though... based on everything that's out there (from ex employees, players etc, reports in media, club statements NOT fan rumour) - do you have any concerns about the working environment at the club under the current owner?

I know you weren't arguing what Corney did...you were pinning relegation all on AL "thanks for getting us relegated." Now you're back tracking a little.

Do I have concerns about some things at the club. Yes. They're aired elsewhere.

------------------------

Definition of echo chamber: an environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.

A bit like when I post a positive comment relevant to the 3 players AL signed (to try & save Corneys skin when not even owning the club) and several posters wade in with several repetitive negatives about AL which in turn takes the topic away from those 3 players being discussed, but back to the favourite topic of AL bashing 👍 

Anyway...getting way off topic now. As echo chambers do 👍

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

(behind the scenes being the biggest contributing factor of many in my opinion)

13 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I know you weren't arguing what Corney did...you were pinning relegation all on AL "thanks for getting us relegated." Now you're back tracking a little.

Do I have concerns about some things at the club. Yes. They're aired elsewhere.

------------------------

Definition of echo chamber: an environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.

A bit like when I post a positive comment relevant to the 3 players AL signed (to try & save Corneys skin when not even owning the club) and several posters wade in with several repetitive negatives about AL which in turn takes the topic away from those 3 players being discussed, but back to the favourite topic of AL bashing 👍 

Anyway...getting way off topic now. As echo chambers do 👍

"Biggest contributing factor of many".  Not "pinning relegation all on AL".

Just because someone doesn't agree with your "alternative idea" doesn't mean they haven't considered it.  Saying anyone who disagrees with you is in an echo chamber is just a lazy insult.

But I do agree that the thread has definitely gone off topic.  As forums do 👍

6 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

The sole reason we went down was thanks to a man called Simon Corney.

What utter nonsense.

The reason we went down was the "perfect storm" of a) Corney's legacy issues b) The new regime's total inability to engender good teamwork c) the ego of a new manager (Wellens) in not recognising the bleeding obvious and changing things when they needed changing and d) reasonable players simply not being arsed - probably connected to b.

• Like 2

On 8/7/2019 at 11:17 PM, League one forever said:

Question. 

IF Lang joins tomorrow, and possibly one more. Do you people think this squad has a bit about it? Or are we still thinking bottom half? 

Still about 3/4 short imo if we really want to be up there