Crewe game

4 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

What was Banides reason for inexplicably subbing Mills? And not starting Nepu? Leaving Sylla on the bench all game. And let's not say coz he isn't picking the team because Nepu was one of the first players on the teamsheet when AL was getting involved.

You worried about us going down yet or am I still "morbid" for thinking such negative thoughts.

5 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

What was Banides reason for inexplicably subbing Mills? And not starting Nepu? Leaving Sylla on the bench all game. And let's not say coz he isn't picking the team because Nepu was one of the first players on the teamsheet when AL was getting involved.

This is what baffles me.

Squad selection is bizarre, no logic to it. Feel that cynical at the moment I thought something had happened already with Wheater when he didn't appear on the team sheet. Still not fully convinced hes injured.

16 minutes ago, True Tic said:

This is what baffles me.

Squad selection is bizarre, no logic to it. Feel that cynical at the moment I thought something had happened already with Wheater when he didn't appear on the team sheet. Still not fully convinced hes injured.

I know I'm clutching at straws but I wonder if they're seeing to just what extent they can get away with playing these sacks of shit before assessing how many proper players they have to shell out for before the end of August? 

33 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I know I'm clutching at straws but I wonder if they're seeing to just what extent they can get away with playing these sacks of shit before assessing how many proper players they have to shell out for before the end of August? 

You would hope not, but not much would surprise me now.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

You worried about us going down yet or am I still "morbid" for thinking such negative thoughts.

Your words were sign 2 quality players like Lang and we might just stay up. That was morbid. I didn’t say worrying about relegation with THIS current side (less those 2 quality players) is morbid. But twist what was said 👍🏻 

Edited by boundaryblue80

7 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

He could leave Sylla, Nepo & Mills on for 90 mins every week, with a fit Wheater alongside them & we’re still in trouble..... because the squad yer man has assembled - with captain marvel the mighty Maouche and that fkin Spanish cart horse up top - aren’t creating or finishing much. Glossop is right, we’re in danger of going down.... and your constant defence by obfuscation on behalf of the Lemmy’s will get get unpicked as the season progresses. Buck stops with the owner I’m afraid Ross, his squad, his head coach, his way. The wrong way.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Your words were sign 2 quality players like Lang and we might just stay up. That was morbid. I didn’t say worrying about relegation with THIS current side (less those 2 quality players) is morbid. But twist what was said 👍🏻 

Well after watching a fairly ordinary Crewe side run rings round us requiring our Goalkeeper to produce a man of the match performance to keep the score to a  2 - 1 defeat at home, and after our Head Coach openly admitting we lack quality I can't say I've changed my mind if anything I feel vindicated.

Edited by GlossopLatic

8 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Banides is quite clearly not up to the job the longer he is manager the more likely it is we will get relegated given the choice i would snap your hands of with Murray being appointed.

No gaffer would thrive in the conditions imposed upon them by these jokers. Focus your attention elsewhere, Banny is a puppet.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Ryan said:

No gaffer would thrive in the conditions imposed upon them by these jokers. Focus your attention elsewhere, Banny is a puppet.

Let's hope his strings are loosened for tonight and Saturday before they snap under the expectation 

14 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

He could leave Sylla, Nepo & Mills on for 90 mins every week, with a fit Wheater alongside them & we’re still in trouble..... because the squad yer man has assembled - with captain marvel the mighty Maouche and that fkin Spanish cart horse up top - aren’t creating or finishing much. Glossop is right, we’re in danger of going down.... and your constant defence by obfuscation on behalf of the Lemmy’s will get get unpicked as the season progresses. Buck stops with the owner I’m afraid Ross, his squad, his head coach, his way. The wrong way.

Constant defence??? Nah.....Try...doing what used to happen, not expecting overnight success and giving chance to let a team gel, a coach instill his tactics, etc. Sadly today's society wants success or failure in a heartbeat. I'll bide my time, thanks 👍

Oh and this "unpicking"...well, it depends which version of what I've said you want to spin. In case you missed it, this is my take on things (below)....no amount of wailing by others will influence that (it's almost as though you think it would 🙄)

15 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

This season...as it stands, we will be bottom half, I agree. Which would be very disappointing. But unlike most, I don’t think we are done for incomings. And we will be better off with Wheater and Egert on the pitch. Altho that does depend on Banide also. Jury is out on him and the season. Until 8-10 games have been played and the window shuts, we won’t know how things will pan out. So far, not so good. I’m not interested in excitedly predicting doom like we seem to have a lot doing lately. 

22 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I am almost positive that AL insists that Branger plays. Words to that effect I was told during Pete Wilds time as when Branger was injured Wild was able to pick the team without interference. I think the rest of the players (Nepo/Missilou) are mostly in and around the team for their "quality". For me Branger would be shipped out to the French 7th Division, the guy is supposed to be an attacking threat, how many assists and goals did he have last year?!

However I think maybe Banide has only a decision between Mills and Nepo and chooses Mills for now...

1 hour ago, youngen said:

I am almost positive that AL insists that Branger plays. Words to that effect I was told during Pete Wilds time as when Branger was injured Wild was able to pick the team without interference. I think the rest of the players (Nepo/Missilou) are mostly in and around the team for their "quality". For me Branger would be shipped out to the French 7th Division, the guy is supposed to be an attacking threat, how many assists and goals did he have last year?!

However I think maybe Banide has only a decision between Mills and Nepo and chooses Mills for now...

In fairness I think Branger was in or around the top 20 in the league for assists last season.  His main issue is consistency.

25 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

In fairness I think Branger was in or around the top 20 in the league for assists last season.  His main issue is consistency.

The lad created our best chances against FGR. 3/4 crosses no one got on the end of.

Edited by LightDN123
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

The lad created our best chances against FGR. 3/4 crosses no one got on the end of.

I suppose that proves the consistency point as he did absolutely zilch on Saturday and was lucky to get the full 90.

When Eagles was brought on to play left side he moved inside but couldn't decide whether he was a 2nd striker or attacking midfielder and ended up doing neither. 

4 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Constant defence??? Nah.....Try...doing what used to happen, not expecting overnight success and giving chance to let a team gel, a coach instill his tactics, etc. Sadly today's society wants success or failure in a heartbeat. I'll bide my time, thanks 👍

Oh and this "unpicking"...well, it depends which version of what I've said you want to spin. In case you missed it, this is my take on things (below)....no amount of wailing by others will influence that (it's almost as though you think it would 🙄)

Wailing. . 😂