• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, O.A.F.C 4life said:

A full summary of the situation:

to be fair we have and experienced coach in banide but abdullah is just giving him french players to coach and the abdullah picks the team. 

That performance was better considering we were playing a team in the top four as we have with most of our opening games. 

Wheater and segbe has very good games

attendance wise we have lost our last three and it’s still the holiday season so not all negatives 🙂

It is holiday season which means it's not a school night, I would have expected a few more normally. 

Get rid of this chancer and we’ll be fine I reckon. Bringing on an extra centre half at home to play for a draw is disgusting. Can only think he’d maybe been told he’d be out if they lost because that is abysmal

Also, why bring Wilson on and stick him on the wing, when we already had a winger on the pitch playing out of position?

Positives:

Wheater was immense

Desire is great. Needs support but his work rate is immense

Sylla and Fage were both tidy, kept Law fairly quiet

2 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Get rid of this chancer and we’ll be fine I reckon. Bringing on an extra centre half at home to play for a draw is disgusting. Can only think he’d maybe been told he’d be out if they lost because that is abysmal

Also, why bring Wilson on and stick him on the wing, when we already had a winger on the pitch playing out of position?

Positives:

Wheater was immense

Desire is great. Needs support but his work rate is immense

Sylla and Fage were both tidy, kept Law fairly quiet

Can't understand playing Eagles and then Wilson on left wing with Nepo on right and Branger central 😠.

Desire would be dangerous with a decent target man next to him, Fage looks very promising. #abdallahout

11 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Nicky Law will probably run the show and our midfield may well get over run, I expect us to set up and play for a clean sheet in the hope that we can nick a goal, close game and it could go either way, if I had to have a bet 0 - 0 at 9's and Exeter 1 - 0 at 8's make some appeal. Half time draw would probably suit both teams but at evens it's not a great price. Wheater return would further strengthen my opinion.

Not far wrong.

44 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Sefil in for Iacovitti after watching that. He really is terrible at Good job Wheater was there

Hamer had a bad game.

That left back. Well. Not sure what he offers.

Azankpo and Fage never stopped running for 90 mins.

Banide. Should be sacked immediately for bringing a CB on at 0-0 at home to hold on for a draw. Lowest of the low that!

His name to the referee I think. Third yellow card in a row.

Before the match Exeter had played 2 and drawn 1. We, as we all know hadn’t managed a single point yet this season.

Exeter won 3-2 up here last season and were no doubt fancying an away win against a team with little cohesion, even less confidence and knowing that a section of the crowd are only too happy to turn on them.

With Wheater in the team the defence looked much more solid, I don’t think he missed a header all night. The midfield collectively all put a shift in, we battled for the ball - something that was sadly lacking in the second half at Bradford.

The ball needs to stick a lot more up front, but maybe that style of play doesn’t particularly suit our strikers. I think we could do with a big target man who could hold the ball.

As for bringing a centre half on towards the end, I thought that was the right move. Exeter were pumping ball after ball into our box, and an extra centre back was what was needed in the last few minutes when we were under the cosh.

We’ve got our first point, with a different looking team. Maybe they have something to build on now.

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

When you consider how many season ticket holders we have it basically means almost no other Latics fans are bothering

I paid tonight mate, was going to stay away as my head said the club do not deserve anyone's support but my heart strings pulled harder and I thought that the team did as they are bottom of the bottom division. I didn't see anyone else paying - might have been the only one?    

7 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Before the match Exeter had played 2 and drawn 1. We, as we all know hadn’t managed a single point yet this season.

Exeter won 3-2 up here last season and were no doubt fancying an away win against a team with little cohesion, even less confidence and knowing that a section of the crowd are only too happy to turn on them.

With Wheater in the team the defence looked much more solid, I don’t think he missed a header all night. The midfield collectively all put a shift in, we battled for the ball - something that was sadly lacking in the second half at Bradford.

The ball needs to stick a lot more up front, but maybe that style of play doesn’t particularly suit our strikers. I think we could do with a big target man who could hold the ball.

As for bringing a centre half on towards the end, I thought that was the right move. Exeter were pumping ball after ball into our box, and an extra centre back was what was needed in the last few minutes when we were under the cosh.

We’ve got our first point, with a different looking team. Maybe they have something to build on now.

Bang on mate. People see who it was and jump all over it. We were under the cosh and had a sub left to make. That was the most sensible one.

4 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Gary - agree with most of what you said but I don't agree that "a section of the crowd are only too happy to turn on them"...… I thought the fans were quite decent tonight, tried to get behind them. A few murmurings when Sefil came on in the 90th minute (what was that about by the way?? Hardly football related in my opinion). The 2805 (or at least the 2600 or so Latics) deserve better than what we have been served up for years. I don't know of anyone who wanted Latics to lose - why would they? 

56 minutes ago, O.A.F.C 4life said:

A full summary of the situation:

to be fair we have and experienced coach in banide but abdullah is just giving him french players to coach and the abdullah picks the team. 

That performance was better considering we were playing a team in the top four as we have with most of our opening games. 

Wheater and segbe has very good games

attendance wise we have lost our last three and it’s still the holiday season so not all negatives 🙂

Where to even start.

56 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Wheater solid and coached Iacovitti through the entire game... which is necessary because he’s very unaware of what is going on around him.

Could have snatched it with that bizarre goal line ‘clearance’

We’re off the bottom!  😁 Progress?

Oldham fans booing an Oldham player entering the field of play is shameful.  Don’t care who it is or what they have done. 

Could it not be construed that they were booing the negative substitution?

1 minute ago, welshgaz said:

Bang on mate. People see who it was and jump all over it. We were under the cosh and had a sub left to make. That was the most sensible one.

Disagree wholeheartedly mate, don't make a substitution of the back 4 when you are 0-0 and defending a corner in the 90th minute. Regarding Sefil - do you think he has any positional sense? Not from what I have witnessed to date. Fortunately it went nowhere near him so it didn't cost us

Just now, Stevie_J said:

Could it not be construed that they were booing the negative substitution?

I think it was the concern that we have kept a clean sheet up to 90 minutes, albeit a bit fraught....then we choose to make a substitution that will potentially disrupt the back 4..... seen it so often, people not sure who marks who - they get a free header & win. In truth, isn't this what happened right on the whistle - but the liner saved us      

Archived