Any Trust Acknowledgement

sjk2008

Anything at all from the Trust following the weekend's events and subsequent outrage at the owners?  

We have fans vandalising club facilities. 

Fans knocking each other out.

Fans chanting 'we want Abdallah out' at away games.

#abdallahout trending on Twitter

Questions posed to the Trust on this forum, via the correct process, being ignored.

Or just continued radio silence?

Hello SJK2008

You may have missed it over Summer but all Trust communications will come out on the official website, FB page, Trust Twitter and members email.

If we have chance we then update OWTB and other fan sites on social media

This question page was set up here before our own website had a Q and A page, so you might want to consider posting directly on our page for a more timely answer as not all Trust Directors use OWTB and do not log in everyday.

Cheers

14 minutes ago, underdog said:

Hello SJK2008

You may have missed it over Summer but all Trust communications will come out on the official website, FB page, Trust Twitter and members email.

This question page was set up here before our own website had a Q and A page, so you might want to consider posting directly on our page for a more timely answer as not all Trust Directors use OWTB and do not log in everyday.

Cheers

If we have to ask you the question regarding this then I'd suggest you are in a bit of bother as an organisation...

37 minutes ago, underdog said:

Hello SJK2008

Cheers

OK so two things from this.

1. Shall we close this part of the forum down seeing as it's pointless?

2. No Trust update on the Trust website tells me that radio silence is indeed what fans will get following the weekend's events.

Great.

19 hours ago, underdog said:

Hello SJK2008

Cheers

Underdog, you’ve just batted back the questions raised by sjk2008 with a procedural lecture 🙄

He raises some very valid points and when an increasing number of our supporters are desperate to show their positive support for our club, I really do think the Trust is too passive. 

You’ve not even condemned the vandalism of our own ground by our own supporters.

We’ve only got c350 Trust members and for me it should have smashed over 1,000 with the clubs continuing demise these last 10 years.

We need a significant increase in members to ensure the Trust has more influence with our Owner/s

The Trust needs to be more vocal and to be regularly seen to be taking the high morale ground against both  poor practise from our club and poor behaviour from our supporters 

20 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

OK so two things from this.

1. Shall we close this part of the forum down seeing as it's pointless?

2. No Trust update on the Trust website tells me that radio silence is indeed what fans will get following the weekend's events.

Great.

Still radio silence from The Trust.

'Here for the fans'

2 hours ago, tGWB said:

Am guessing that Underdog is likely still at work.. Usually replies fairly promptly. 

You have just hit the nail on the head, resources are stretched and we all have either work to do, family time.

Sorry to say but OWTB has been spoilt in the past with the amount of Trust people that used to log on here on a daily basis, seven days a week, up to last July there were four of us that could answer stuff within an acceptable timescale/response time, now there are just two. It just takes one to be on holiday, or at work, or just in general...not logging in on here and we have missed something.

So we have introduced a communication/social media policy since mid August this year, to help manage our time on football stuff outside usual office hours that does not adversely effect family time and streamline the amount of sites we post on and save repetion/duplication of posting the same type of answers to similar questions on different sites.

Its also about us being more professional as different personas communicate information differently on different social media platforms that can cause mis-communication/ mis-interpretation as well.

Unfortunatley, not all Trust people do social media/comms so its down to a few people to manage. Channelling it through one site the main Trust page, means those that do have time for social media can then logon and chip at that one page. We do need a frequently asked questions page though, granted.

And for Sjk

1) Yes the mods can take this pinned thread down now

2) Weekend events? I take it, you mean the the atmosphere and after match stuff?  I did not go myself and we decided to see what the fan mood/atmosphere was like at a home match to compare especially since both matches were days apart and the planned protests. We now have that feedback. 

And just to let you know, I spent a good hour communicating with the Football Supporter's Association this week with regards to Club, Landlord and FLG.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Appreciate the feedback Underdog 

Your welcome

Even though  I was enforcing a self exhile yesterday for a few weeks myself. I need to work out how to pay my mortgage this month and house hold bills before I launch my mobile catering in end of September. Two sticking points right away though

1) I don't cook

2) I don't drive 

to generate finances I am Trying to sell my hubby on ebay but  is not working ....He's not generating much interest even at 50p....tut..typical

However The dog is at least upto £2.50 and is house trained...hahah.

23 hours ago, deyres42 said:

You have mail...

Hi Dave

I usually monitor Trust Members email and I can't see anything arrive in yet.

May I ask have you used the email address on the Trust website instead? If yes then I will chase up those who have access to it and see that we have received it

I will check in with you again tomorrow

Cheers

2 hours ago, underdog said:

Hi Dave

I usually monitor Trust Members email and I can't see anything arrive in yet.

May I ask have you used the email address on the Trust website instead? If yes then I will chase up those who have access to it and see that we have received it

I will check in with you again tomorrow

Cheers

hello@trustoldham address.

Let us know if there is a different one to use.

21 hours ago, deyres42 said:

hello@trustoldham address.

Let us know if there is a different one to use.

HI Dave/SJK.

There has been a change to personnell at the aGM at end of July and i am u sure if there has been a handover yet due to holidays ect.

So i can  make sure nothing has been ovelooked. Would you mind forwarding you emails to me at:

tracyw@trustoldham.co.uk

I am away from tomoz until Tuesday but will respond then if thats okay.

Cheers

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 7:32 PM, underdog said:

HI Dave/SJK.

There has been a change to personnell at the aGM at end of July and i am u sure if there has been a handover yet due to holidays ect.

So i can  make sure nothing has been ovelooked. Would you mind forwarding you emails to me at:

tracyw@trustoldham.co.uk

I am away from tomoz until Tuesday but will respond then if thats okay.

Cheers

Whilst I applaud your personal commitment Underdog its this kind of messaging that concerns me regarding the Trusts capacity and capability to take on the challenges we are facing as a club

Why don't you look to  'staff up' ?

On 8/25/2019 at 10:48 AM, tGWB said:

Whilst I applaud your personal commitment Underdog its this kind of messaging that concerns me regarding the Trusts capacity and capability to take on the challenges we are facing as a club

Why don't you look to  'staff up' ?

Yes I am back...playing catch up and all. I have now answered all the emails that came in so hopefully, not missed anyone out.

We would love more help, we ask most of the time. Last being at the AGM and we had 2 volunteers (although one has now decided he cannot commit the time). We all have varied skill sets, some do not do posses admin skills/can drive a computer, some don't do social media, some do not live locally and believe it or not, as an organisation we do not have a permanent home and have to rely on goodwill to get our monthly meetings on. We have had them at one directors showroom before now.

We have to be realistic it what we can do and manage fan expectations doing it. For instance I have since Saturday and before I left on a jolly, been working on a draft update to go out. This was then revised before I returned on Tuesday, I have re-drafted it now 4 times as others are at work and are either logging in or updating me at night. Been on the last draft of it since 8am this morning and finished it about an hour ago.....I was still in my PJ's until 12.30pm.....it has to be approved by comms now as I am NOT a media person and the terminology has to be right. I throw it all down and it needs a little polish by the others. I am hoping we can get an update out really soon

During all this I have been updating FSA and potential of a meeting to met the new area Rep....

aagghh......ball juggling is a skill we do need.

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Yes I am back...playing catch up and all. I have now answered all the emails that came in so hopefully, not missed anyone out.

We would love more help, we ask most of the time. Last being at the AGM and we had 2 volunteers (although one has now decided he cannot commit the time). We all have varied skill sets, some do not do posses admin skills/can drive a computer, some don't do social media, some do not live locally and believe it or not, as an organisation we do not have a permanent home and have to rely on goodwill to get our monthly meetings on. We have had them at one directors showroom before now.

We have to be realistic it what we can do and manage fan expectations doing it. For instance I have since Saturday and before I left on a jolly, been working on a draft update to go out. This was then revised before I returned on Tuesday, I have re-drafted it now 4 times as others are at work and are either logging in or updating me at night. Been on the last draft of it since 8am this morning and finished it about an hour ago.....I was still in my PJ's until 12.30pm.....it has to be approved by comms now as I am NOT a media person and the terminology has to be right. I throw it all down and it needs a little polish by the others. I am hoping we can get an update out really soon

During all this I have been updating FSA and potential of a meeting to met the new area Rep....

aagghh......ball juggling is a skill we do need.

As the above poster says, anything negative in here isn't personal, but it is aimed solely at the Trust as a whole.

Do you not think you would have more support, potentially much more numbers, and probably more interest in having a seat on the Trust, if you aligned with the (overwhelming number) of fans and looked at how we take this club forward without Al as opposed to with him.

From my personal point of view, since I signed up to the Trust back in March, I feel it's been a complete waste of time and that as fans we have been completely shit on.  All the talk from back in March about protesting at the live TV games at home to Mansfield, to then getting in bed with Al and the boys instead.  You knew full well what our views of Al/Mo/Baz where then, and it's clear as day they're much worse now.

2 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

As the above poster says, anything negative in here isn't personal, but it is aimed solely at the Trust as a whole.

Do you not think you would have more support, potentially much more numbers, and probably more interest in having a seat on the Trust, if you aligned with the (overwhelming number) of fans and looked at how we take this club forward without Al as opposed to with him.

From my personal point of view, since I signed up to the Trust back in March, I feel it's been a complete waste of time and that as fans we have been completely shit on.  All the talk from back in March about protesting at the live TV games at home to Mansfield, to then getting in bed with Al and the boys instead.  You knew full well what our views of Al/Mo/Baz where then, and it's clear as day they're much worse now.

To be honest, the March meeting was about fan appetite for protest. The conclusion from the fans was to attempt a dialogue and generate the six fan expectations to monitor this. The owner was given a deadline to respond to the letter by Friday 10th April. One week before good Friday if my memory serves me right. That deadline passed.

Over that weekend we drafted a reminder letter as per FSA guidance that included" breakdown in communication" . We  issue this letter to the Club on Tuesday 14th April,  just as we were advised we would get a favourable Club response by 5pm that night. 

On receipt of that response from the owner, it did met some of the fan expectations with an offer to meet the Trust after the season ended (this bit was not accepted, rejected and a meeting was held on 3rd May instead). We published a summary of the letter in the public domain on Wednesday 16th  and again we let fans decide if the information was an acceptable first tentative step and how they wanted to proceed. The feeling we got at the time (two working days before good Friday),  was that the majority fans were happy and was not to proceed with the protest for that Easter Monday. It would have left us very little time to arrange anything if the decision was reverse. ....a possible tactically delay by the club in its response maybe?  Still, any fan or group could have decided to protest if they wished. To be honest I was away from Easter onwards and genuinely do not remember if there were any protests. 

Anyways, Since May, and from the six fans expectations the owner has: Former a board of directors and had a 1st board meeting, has published a short term/long term plan, disclosed 2017/18 accounts (others to follow). An attempt at co-operation.

Granted it has stalled since and we will be getting it back on track in the next few weeks

Fan mood with the Trust? most members are assured and happy that we are here and we try our best to be vigilant and give as much time as we humanly  can. 

Some fans see us there as an "emergency" and just want to come and enjoy a game a footy and go home...we get that too

Events:  we tried to run them yearly, but they are not very supported. Not having a go it is what it is and we do need to look at the reasons why. Our attempt to boost the war chest...the just in case fund..... £7 million to buy our home BP, £200k per month reported by Owner to keep the club ticking over. We do not have the cash in the Trust accounts to make a stab at either one yet. The reality a plan B? The one we had at the end of Corney's reign is not relevant now and out of date with the parties involved. It needs looking at again, if we can get the time. 

We do however, appreciate all the support we do get, whether that is financially or help in other ways. 

Recently I have become more clinical in my thoughts....this is just my opinion but I have put it in another thread. My reality check is to ask myself:

What is for sale?

How can this effect future football in the Borough?

The answer is our home, the land, BP. .......Maybe if we could work together to secure the land, this in turn it helps to secure/invest in our Club's future. 

Just a thought

I am going to log off now and I know it's not personal. 

Cheers

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Granted it has stalled since and we will be getting it back on track in the next few weeks

Fan mood with the Trust? most members are assured and happy that we are here and we try our best to be vigilant and give as much time as we possibly can. 

Some fans see us there as an "emergency" and just want to come and enjoy a game a footy and go home...we get that too

Events:  we tried to run them yearly, but they are not very supported. Not having a go it is what it is and we do need to look at the reasons why. Our attempt to boost the war chest...the just in case fund..... £7 million to buy our home BP, £200k reported by Owner to keep the club ticking over. We do not have the cash in the Trust accounts. That is the reality a plan B? The one we had at the end of Corney's reign is not relevant now and out of date with the parties involved. It needs looking at again, if we can get the time. 

We do however, appreciate all the support we do get, whether that is financially or help in other ways. 

Underdog

The demise of Bury FC should be turned into a positive for Oldham Athletic FC

Now is the time for the Trust to reach out for a 'Blue & Tangerine Army' of volunteers

The Trust Committee should urgently list all the 'volunteer skills' they need to 'staff up' for the fight for our very future and get them posted on the Fans Forums and Twitter.

You will hopefully get plenty of skilled volunteers or absolutely confirm our fan base is content to 'twiddle their thumbs'

:OASISscarf:

Archived