Bury: Minutes to Midnight

Going back to Bury. There was a noticeable lack of applause in the relevant minute from the home sections. Most of the Colchester fans applauded though. Which I was slightly surprised at given they missed out on the playoffs due to Bury's cheating. 

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Going back to Bury. There was a noticeable lack of applause in the relevant minute from the home sections. Most of the Colchester fans applauded though. Which I was slightly surprised at given they missed out on the playoffs due to Bury's cheating. 

I don’t know what you are referring to? 

.....please tell me there wasn’t a minutes applause organised for Burys demise?  Really? 

36 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I don’t know what you are referring to? 

.....please tell me there wasn’t a minutes applause organised for Burys demise?  Really? 

It was a national thing. I’d find it disappointing if there wasn’t. What’s wrong with you?! 😳

Just now, maddog said:

It was a national thing. I’d find it disappointing if there wasn’t. What’s wrong with you?! 😳

Nothings wring with me. I didn’t know. I wouldn’t have applauded if I had though. Nobody died and Bury are still in existence. Perspective required. 

54 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Nothings wring with me. I didn’t know. I wouldn’t have applauded if I had though. Nobody died and Bury are still in existence. Perspective required. 

Why wouldn’t you have applauded?

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Fair enough if you didn't know, but the applause was a show of solidarity. 

What is the Rochdale set up that has made them secure for years and a decent football team? (compared to us). 

Have they a rich benefactor, a strong board of local businesses people, or is it fan run?

11 hours ago, BP1960 said:

What is the Rochdale set up that has made them secure for years and a decent football team? (compared to us). 

Have they a rich benefactor, a strong board of local businesses people, or is it fan run?

They don't spend more than they earn. Or if they do, its not by much. 

I'm fairly certain their board is mainly local business people, though. Not that the board make up matters much, if a club doesn't spend more than they earn. 

12 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Up to the beginning of this year Chris Dunphy was chairman who was a local businessman. I don't know about the current chairman.

Also Dale historically have done very well in player sales.

I understand politics permeates everything, even football - but this thread took a huge swerve towards looking like something below the line on The Mirror's comments section, so I'm sure I speak for a number of football fans who are sick to death of national governance, and people's 'opinion' of it.

I've moved the lot to the other forum where usually nobody can be arsed to read; so you are welcome to continue there if you want to argue about who's opinion is right, to your hearts content, in ever decreasing circles.

23 hours ago, kowenicki said:

I was in the JF stand and didn't know anything about it. As usual I couldn't hear the tannoy and I couldn't see anyone clapping before the game started. When was this minutes applause?

20 hours ago, al_bro said:

I was in the JF stand and didn't know anything about it. As usual I couldn't hear the tannoy and I couldn't see anyone clapping before the game started. When was this minutes applause?

It was supposed to be in the 27th minute. The Colchester fans clapped in the 28th minute. 

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

EFL statement

This doesn't look like they are going to want them to start in League 2

I just saw the Sky Sports update on my phone, that statement makes more sense. It would have been a massive surprise if they let them straight back into League 2.

It does beg the question that perhaps they could introduce the option of suspending a club for a season with a deadline for satisfying xyz in order to gain re entry in the same division the following season.....the problem is we would quickly end up with leagues 1 and 2 having about 9 teams each season whilst the others screwed their latest creditors!

Perhaps a better solution would be for the EFL to actually introduce proper oversight into the finances and running of their member clubs in order to better protect the heritage, passion and social value of, especially, small town clubs and our unique pyramid system that underpins football in this country

.....or alternatively, fuck it, we all just watch 20 teams in the Premier League on Sky sports and never actually go to a game again in our lives

38 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

So we could have a situation where Latics (or another club) are relegated to the National  League and Bury admitted to Division 2, Would that be right ?

We started the season under the assumption two would go down. If we finish in the bottom two only ourselves to blame 

43 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

We started the season under the assumption two would go down. If we finish in the bottom two only ourselves to blame 

It still isnt right that a badly run business gets a buy into a competition they haven’t even played in due to expulsion. No different to MK Dons - the woe is me is getting tiresome now and the more statements Steve Dale throws out the less sympathy I have. If he had been reasonable weeks ago when offers were made it would be over and done with now.

The fans were not protesting when they got promoted even though they knew exactly where things were headed.

i could have bought Bury for a quid then not paid anybody its easy. Dale is a twat but he is right when he says that this would have happened when Day left at any rate.

45 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It could be argued that our August window recruitment policy thinking was driven by the EFL decision to reduce the relegation spots. (yeah, I know, I know!)

19 hours ago, OAFC1984 said:

It still isnt right that a badly run business gets a buy into a competition they haven’t even played in due to expulsion. No different to MK Dons - the woe is me is getting tiresome now and the more statements Steve Dale throws out the less sympathy I have. If he had been reasonable weeks ago when offers were made it would be over and done with now.

The fans were not protesting when they got promoted even though they knew exactly where things were headed.

i could have bought Bury for a quid then not paid anybody its easy. Dale is a twat but he is right when he says that this would have happened when Day left at any rate.

So the initial focus of an enquiry into possible fraudulent activity at Bury is into a failure to make pension contributions, both those as an employer and those taken from staff wages for their contributions. 

Sounds horribly familiar. 

The episode which resulted in the loss of the FCA credit broking authorisation was, at best, rank incompetence. This is potentially many, many times worse. At best it is a spectacular breach of trust. 

Archived