Bury: Minutes to Midnight

6 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

A lot more deserving than, for example, Nailsworth, Milton Keynes, Fleetwood, Salford... 

Milton Keynes I’ll have but Fleetwood and Salford worked their way up rather than just take another clubs place 

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

Milton Keynes I’ll have but Fleetwood and Salford worked their way up rather than just take another clubs place 

Worked or bought? I should have replied to John who talked about deserving a club. Attendances appears to be part of his argument. I cannot see a justification for Forest Green Rovers "deserving" a league place ahead of Bury or Latics. 

5 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Worked or bought? I should have replied to John who talked about deserving a club. Attendances appears to be part of his argument. I cannot see a justification for Forest Green Rovers "deserving" a league place ahead of Bury or Latics. 

Yeah I get your point but in all honesty buying your way is really the only way now (providing you can sustain it)

Bournemouth, Brighton, Leicester, and certainly City. None of them would have got anywhere near the levels they are with out the significant investment that started for most when they were at the same level as us

31 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

Just out of interest, whats the minimum required for “deserving” one?

No Idea, but if you only get attendances of 3000 then it doesn't take a genius to work out  you cannot pay players £5 K a week. Clubs need to live off their  income or face the consequences (Bolton and Bury as an example) even having a very very wealthy owner the income stream cannot be guaranteed people and there circumstances change. God help Man City if there owners get bored..............................        

1 minute ago, JohnG123 said:

God help Man City if there owners get bored..............................        

People said the same about Chelsea for years.

you are right but at that level there’ll always be a Trump level basket case to take it on 

A town "deserving"  a football club or not has always struck me as a bizarre train of thought (or lack of).....

"You 200,000 people who live in a town that has a football club that has never been a part of your life better start coming to matches if you want your town to continue to have a football club that has never been a part of your life"

6 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

A town "deserving"  a football club or not has always struck me as a bizarre train of thought (or lack of).....

"You 200,000 people who live in a town that has a football club that has never been a part of your life better start coming to matches if you want your town to continue to have a football club that has never been a part of your life"

Our attendances are poor. Where are the 47,000 that were at that cup game against Sheffield Wednesday?

6 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I've a vision of a 150,000 crowd swelled with malnourished mill workers, militant feminazis and the Undead. We might even get on Sky Sports News.

Will the malnourished mill-workers come back when they find out the pies run out before half time?

Will Urko Vera be mistaken for the un-dead?

6 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Will the malnourished mill-workers come back when they find out the pies run out before half time?

He certainly won’t be mistaken for malnourished 😁

8 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

It was the Great Depression, the workers were used to pie shortages.Lees Brewery might have kidnapped Vera and put him to work pulling dray wagons 

22 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

The bit I struggled with was how he managed to run the club before he passed the so called fit and proper test.

Also, assuming the club folds tomorrow, what does he get? Does he own the land and ground, for instance? 

The land is surety against the loans which have been taken out.

my dad was there  not sure why as he was a  passionate Oldham rugby league fan !

Fortunately didn't live to see the shit team the roughyeds are now!

p.s. Vera could be in the walking dead but don't think he is fast enough!!!

I know,  I still follow their results out of loyalty but hardly the team of the 50's 60's 70s rubbing shoulders with Wigan, Warrington St Helens etc now its London Skolars ffs . Never got over the council screwing them over Watersheddings  the bastards

1 hour ago, rossy52 said:

my dad was there  not sure why as he was a  passionate Oldham rugby league fan !

Fortunately didn't live to see the shit team the roughyeds are now!

p.s. Vera could be in the walking dead but don't think he is fast enough!!!

And we as Latics fans can call other sports teams in the town shit?

Archived