Bury: Minutes to Midnight

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Bolton also given a Tuesday deadline now

Slightly different their Tuesday deadline is to demonstrate evidence that the takeover is actually going to happen. Otherwise they will be given the same X days notice Bury were due to finish on Friday. 

16 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Slightly different their Tuesday deadline is to demonstrate evidence that the takeover is actually going to happen. Otherwise they will be given the same X days notice Bury were due to finish on Friday. 

Both clubs will only have just over a week to sign players. Utd. and City will be falling over each other to give Bury some decent loanees free of charge, whereas the likes of us would have to pay towards their wages.

2 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Both clubs will only have just over a week to sign players. Utd. and City will be falling over each other to give Bury some decent loanees free of charge, whereas the likes of us would have to pay towards their wages.

I think you can get paranoia tablets on prescription 

18 hours ago, al_bro said:

Not sure City would be enthusiastic.....I think City are taking Bury to court over issues regarding City's old training complex at Carrington which they had free use of so long as it was maintained.

Do any of the gamblers amongst us know how the possible demise of the Trotters and their expunged record will affect bets placed on them this season? Asking for a friend who’s accumulator would have come in if Coventry would have converted one of their 31 shots earlier this month. 

1 minute ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Do any of the gamblers amongst us know how the possible demise of the Trotters and their expunged record will affect bets placed on them this season? Asking for a friend who’s accumulator would have come in if Coventry would have converted one of their 31 shots earlier this month. 

I’m guessing it’s tough shit. Results expunged, but bookies will have a clause I’m sure.  

24 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

No chance of a refund omn that.  They have already paid out.

25 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Result stands as that particular game was played, all burys games have been non runners so far. 

26 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

On that basis they'd have to collect all the money they paid out to punters on the result, so yeah you've got absolutely no chance.

9 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Not sure City would be enthusiastic.....I think City are taking Bury to court over issues regarding City's old training complex at Carrington which they had free use of so long as it was maintained.

Not sure city will be wasting their time taking a club like Bury to court over maintaining a training facility! 

6 hours ago, Dick_Valentine said:

6 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

No chance of a refund omn that.  They have already paid out.

Correct I had the draw at 3/1 in a treble :D

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Remember Aldershot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spencer_Trethewy

They were the last league club to be expelledfrom the league after the season had started. 

I do..... although I wouldn't have been able to recall this story/turn of events.... it seems as though you should avoid anyone with 'Day' as a surname, paternal or maternal, as your owner...... Edit: Is Lemsagam Arabic for Day? :mmm:2nd Edit, No. Although one assumes Marco's parents were devoutly religious.

ABD ALLAH عبد الله m Arabic
Means "servant of ALLAH" from Arabic عبد ('abd) meaning "servant of" combined with الله (Allah). This was the name of the Prophet Muhammad's father. He died before his son's birth.

Archived