Grimsby (H)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Really? 

Agree he had it tough against two cloggers but thought he was a nuisance. Aren't you a mid 90's 442 man? 

Not really Im a believer that any system can work with the right players.

He can't play with his back to goal which you need if you are playing 1 up the middle and he is the one, because as the number 9 you are the focal point of the attack. He didn't really trouble them too much with his movement when he got his 1 chance he missed it. I like his attitude I think he gives as good as hes got but even if we go with him the rest of the season I highly doubt he will even get double figure goals.

2 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Can’t wait for the usual suspects to say we were the better side for 70 mins. Like that fucking means anything when we ship two lame goals to a bunch of non league cloggers. Wow i am fucking fuming.

Non-league cloggers? Grimsby are 6 points and 11 places better than Latics, at the moment.

I'm not happy with the result, either, but it's football and that shit happens.

1 hour ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Draw at home to Grimsby town... Deary me.... 

Most definitely a De De De De, fucking shambles!!

Grimsby Town...in a higher position, on more points...which would suggest they are performing better.
I suspect Plymouth said much the same about Latics, last week.

57 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Improving each match. Today played well against an awkward team who fouled their way through the game. 70-75 mins I noticed maouche and Missiliou looking visably tired but subs where made late. I'm not blaming the players on this one I'm blaming the bench because changes should have come way earlier to give us more legs 

Fully agree. We were trying to bring Mills on before the free-kick they equalised from. The 4th official seemed to indicate that she hadn't received the paperwork. But I think she had, as we didn't seem to submit any paperwork afterwards but still brought Mills on. 

Ironically this is the one occasion where I think bringing Sefil on would have been the right move. They were a very big side and Sefil's height and bulk would have helped defending set pieces. 

We should have won today. When players are clearly knackered and you don't make the substitions despite having very much like for like options on the bench that is a managerial issue. 

13 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

He can't play with his back to goal which you need if you are playing 1 up the middle and he is the one, because as the number 9 you are the focal point of the attack. He didn't really trouble them too much with his movement when he got his 1 chance he missed it. I like his attitude I think he gives as good as hes got but even if we go with him the rest of the season I highly doubt he will even get double figure goals.

He was offside for his chance but I accept he still missed and we need an upgrade but that's not going to happen. 

The system didn't let us down today. 

47 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Desire capable. Played well today. 

35 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

No he isn't he got bullied today.

27 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Really? 

Agree he had it tough against two cloggers but thought he was a nuisance. Aren't you a mid 90's 442 man? 

15 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Cracking cross for our 2nd though. 

He's not a lone front man. But he has shown more than either Wilson or Vera so far. 

Personally I'd like to see Wilson and Desire up front together. 

27 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

We were trying to bring Mills on before the free-kick they equalised from. The 4th official seemed to indicate that she hadn't received the paperwork. But I think she had, as we didn't seem to submit any paperwork afterwards but still brought Mills on. 

This...she made a huge mistake and it cost us the goal. From what I could tell sat in the paddock behind the bench we asked to make the change, she then declared she didn’t have paperwork for the change. Our bench said she did, sub wasn’t made and they scored. She then seemed to find the paperwork in her pocket that we had passed to her previously. Manager and coach where fuming as it cost us the equaliser. Making the change before the free kick would have took the sting out of the game and potentially prevented the equaliser. 

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Top half.  Quote me. 

It's not happening, we are plodding along at less than a point a game and are losing a Wheater away from struggling to get that, when we signed him I admitted it would do the trick in keeping us up but we are woeful in so many other areas of the pitch.

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It's not happening, we are plodding along at less than a point a game and are losing a Wheater away from struggling to get that, when we signed him I admitted it would do the trick in keeping us up but we are woeful in so many other areas of the pitch.

We still have the legendary Egert to start playing, who I believe is only 24 weeks away from being considered for a start. 

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Shows the complete madness of Nepo being frozen out and why sign Mills only to leave him benched?

Always play your best team!

2 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

I thought we played well going forward. Some promising breaks slowed or halted by blatant pulls and fouls, most of which went unpunished by a weak referee. 

Quite enjoyed the fact that there was no booking purely because a player farts near another. Reminded me of when football was good..

2 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

Improving each match. Today played well against an awkward team who fouled their way through the game. 70-75 mins I noticed maouche and Missiliou looking visably tired but subs where made late. I'm not blaming the players on this one I'm blaming the bench because changes should have come way earlier to give us more legs 

You are right, especially Missilou , who had run himself into the ground and should have been replaced much earlier.

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Cracking cross for our 2nd though. 

He's not a lone front man. But he has shown more than either Wilson or Vera so far. 

Personally I'd like to see Wilson and Desire up front together. 

We could gave had that with substitutions, but the manager prefers his one up front it seems.

Haven't got the stats to back it up, but I don't think I'm being paranoid when I say that since the start of the decline of the club (10/4/1994), we have conceded a ridiculous amount of last minute/late goals that have been match defining..

I can remember a few that's happened in our favour - Scott Vernon scoring twice against Barnsley to get us a 3-2 victory being the only time we've actually won when being behind in injury time, I think.

It must be soul destroying for the players to be so close to victory, and it's happened twice this season - Blackburn was a sickner and so was today.  A 0-0 draw today might have been easier to take..

4 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Top half.  Quote me. 

How do I save this? I gave you anything up to a £100 stake at 8/1 on us gong down at the start of the season and you didn’t take it. Then someone else @deyres42 maybe? offered you pos 1-12 with him taking 13-24 and you didn’t take that either?

Archived