Scunthorpe(A)

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

A decent result, achieved in the most frustrating way possible. We're getting there, though. Much less concerned about relegation than I was three weeks ago...

There's only one team that goes down this season. You really have to be a unremitting kind of shite to get relegated out of this awful division and I wouldn't yet rule us out.

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

A point at Scunny is decent... but... we had it in our hands.  So it’s disappointing. 

1 defers in 6 league games now i think.. but need wins. 

What the hell are you on about, they are a shower of proverbial dog turd. Wehoo a point against the mighty Scunthorpe. Agreed it shows how far we have fallen but really, decent?   Change your name to Lee Clark, its ok lads we havent lost all season but we have drawn all our games so its progress....

3 minutes ago, chickenbaltipie said:

What the hell are you on about, they are a shower of proverbial dog turd. Wehoo a point against the mighty Scunthorpe. Agreed it shows how far we have fallen but really, decent?   Change your name to Lee Clark, its ok lads we havent lost all season but we have drawn all our games so its progress....

Who are a shower of proverbial dog turd?  

A draw away is pretty much always a decent result.  Need home wins obviously. 

Carry on being hysterical if you want though. 

That wasnt a decent  it was 2 points dropped , Looking in control at 2-0 then sitting back inviting scunthorpe to attck us just like saturday something is wrong somewhere.. yea we look good going forward abit predictable due to having no height but overall our forward play is good.. Teams are going to bully us this season, my question is are they up for the fight ? 

12 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Also, surely fans shouldn’t be booing at half time at 0-0 ? Also shouting to Maouche that you hope he gets injured. Our fans are all a bit weird currently. Some around me wanted scunny to get a third so there would be a massive piss boil as the put it.. 

Idiots.  Same on Twitter at the moment. 

6 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Also, surely fans shouldn’t be booing at half time at 0-0 ? Also shouting to Maouche that you hope he gets injured. Our fans are all a bit weird currently. Some around me wanted scunny to get a third so there would be a massive piss boil as the put it.. 

Such is the negative and disruptive mentality of the nation at large.

7 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Maybe they shouldn't but frustrations are starting to show.

This is a very poor team overall with nothing upfront and Maouche is a very very ordinary footballer who gets given star status by the owner.

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Maybe they shouldn't but frustrations are starting to show.

This is a very poor team overall with nothing upfront and Maouche is a very very ordinary footballer who gets given star status by the owner.

Hes shit. No coincidence that with him moving to attacking midfield position that we didn't get out of our half or get a foot on it to ease the pressure. Same as Grimsby game, too lightweight, too soft and not good enough to keep the ball with close control.

I don’t care if he’s shit or not. We have been the better team the last 3 games, yes we are short of a striker. But we are playing well, it will come and I hope Banide doesn’t change his tactics as it’s actually enjoyable to watch us play a bit. As soon as we started hoofing it last 20 we where ineffective, yet the 70mins before Oldham fans where complaining we where playing out from the back. Not quite sure what some of them want. 

9 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

I like how we try to play football, it’s actually good to watch. We just need a left back, centre back and a striker 

This for me. 

We played well well for a large part of the game yesterday and some of our football was a delight to watch. The system that Banide used yesterday showed great promise. Maouche playing deeper, Missilou pushing forward to join Eagles and Morais with Branger across the middle worked very well.

Playing one up front can work but it needs a different type of player than the ones we currently have. Segbe is a lively forward who works extremely hard. However he is caught offside far too often and gives away so many unnecessary free kicks. And playing this system needs a striker who can hold the ball up and bring others into play. Having said that, he was denied a goal by a goal line clearance late on.

As for the left side of our defence... still struggling to find the right players. Banide could do worse than try Nepomuceno there and pray that Egert is indeed the player his non appearance has built him up to be.

I wonder.. is that Leon Clarke still available? 

57 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I don’t care if he’s shit or not. We have been the better team the last 3 games, yes we are short of a striker. But we are playing well, it will come and I hope Banide doesn’t change his tactics as it’s actually enjoyable to watch us play a bit. As soon as we started hoofing it last 20 we where ineffective, yet the 70mins before Oldham fans where complaining we where playing out from the back. Not quite sure what some of them want. 

That isn't true at all. We are trying to play, we surrender possession too easily and in some cases dangerous areas. There wasn't anything about playing out from the back. There was when we consistently went backwards.

Supporters are frustrated. Majorly! 2-0 up in any game, whoever you are playing, needs to be seen out. Dropping it once is forgivable, twice is criminal and to do it in 4 days apart is ridiculously frustrating! So how can you blame supporters for not seeing past dropping 4 points against really poor sides and recording 1 win in our first 9 games and recording a meagre 7 points, sitting 4th from bottom.

Our "gameplan" is fine. That said, come November-February, on pitches that resemble a ploughed field, you have to dig in and fight for your points. When winter sets in, I fear that we're in trouble.

Saturday, by hook or by crook needs to be 3 points. Doesn't have to be good or fast flowing, just win the bloody game! No excuses!

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Branger up front anyone?

Quite strong and quick, strikes the ball well. Will probably score more than the other strikers and free up a spot on the wing.

I've thought this myself.... which makes me feel a bit dirty because by and large, I think Branger is sh1t..... but then, they're all sh1t, so what the hell..... give it a go....

9 hours ago, Jimbooth said:

Banide's comment in his interview was a new one on me. "We had the bread in our hands but we didn't eat it". He also kept repeating that we can't stop playing on 70 mins. 

He repeated it last week, I see the problem as more than 3 players are running out of steam in the last 20 minutes. Alas we are only allowed only 3 subs.

12 hours ago, Careca9 said:

We have no strikers. How can u say one up front has to go. Our midfielders are better players than our strikers we have to stick to one up top 

We have strikers, none can do the job alone, this is why it needs changing.

Archived