Scunthorpe(A)

2 minutes ago, youngen said:

Has anyone said hes class? Personally think hes not up to much. Wilson looks the best of the 3 imo, none look like theyre threatening to score, but its hard to argue with your logic re Vera starts and we win much longer!

Or the fact he's the only one that's scored despite getting much much much much less game time than the other two. 

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

For those of you content to be avoiding relegation you are aware we were relegated 18 months ago from a league we managed to stay in for 21 years therefore our aim should be to get back into that said division not just be content with avoiding another relegation?

The owner and Head Coach did pretty much promise a promotion push this season we can hold them to account on this.

I don’t think anyone’s “content to be avoiding relegation”. They just realise that the club’s being so badly run that that’s probably the best we can hope for at the moment..

1 hour ago, singe said:

We are 89th in the Football League. I don't think shite is too much hyperbole.

If we were that “shite” you’d have took me up on my bet that we would be relegated wouldn’t you ? You ignored it ! Since then we seem to have improved. So how about £100 we finish above 89th ? 

2 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Scott Wilson - 6 games - 0 goals - 333 minutes – Games started 4

Urko Vera - 4 games - 1 goal - 122 minutes – Games started 2

Segbe Azankpo - 8 games - 0 goals - 513 minutes – Games started 4

The only game we won. Vera started. Why isn’t he being given a chance? He started at Cambridge we won. Since then he has not had the chance to start up front. Very baffling tactics and selection issues.

To note he's the only striker to have scored as well, despite playing significantly less minutes.

Yes I know most of you think he's garbage but it's getting to a point now where it's a serious issue and our league survival is being impacted by the strangest of selections. 

Vera doesn't start. We don't win. Game 9.

Also another load of minutes for the centre forwards starting in front of him witho

You're are going to get yourself banned ....

3 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

The only game we won. Vera started. Why isn’t he being given a chance? He started at Cambridge we won. Since then he has not had the chance to start up front. Very baffling tactics and selection issues.

To note he's the only striker to have scored as well, despite playing significantly less minutes.

Yes I know most of you think he's garbage but it's getting to a point now where it's a serious issue and our league survival is being impacted by the strangest of selections. 

Vera doesn't start. We don't win. Game 9.

Also another load of minutes for the centre forwards starting in front of him witho

arent we being set up to play counter attack and vera is too slow to stretch oppo defence so azankpo plays so we can potentially get in behind any defence pushing up. i thought that was our gameplan anyway. we scored twice from elsewhere and he works hard so wouldnt ditch that just yet. point away at plymouth and scunny and win at cambridge is pretty good. at home i may tend to agree though

3 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Lets get realistic.

2-2 draws at Plymouth and Scunny are decent results, against teams fancied for promotion and with significantly bigger budgets than us

Before this a 2-1 win at Cambridge was a good result.

2-2 at home to Grimsby isn't so good, but by all accounts we played OK for 70 Mins and should have won

Reports suggest we also played OK when losing at home to Colchester 

We know AL is a complete twat and that is unlikely to change...however Banide does seem to making progress from the F Green and Crewe games with the average players we have. He may turn out to be a decent coach.

Beat Morcambe on Saturday which we should do, and we will be around 6/7 pts off the play offs and 6/7 points off the bottom which is about right.

We then see what happens from there...

totally agree. i think banide is doing fine with what he has been left, which is the worst squad we've ever had. fear was surely we would be rock bottom as before wheater signed we looked poor everywhere. actaully having seen us we look to be improving and playing some decent stuff. without any height up front we cant really go long anyway so cant see any other option than to try and play a bit. although not a good league two team i could see us finish half way. hoenstly before season started i thought we'd be bottom and cast adrift after having scored next to no goals. like you said win sat and we can go from there

27 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

totally agree. i think banide is doing fine with what he has been left, which is the worst squad we've ever had. fear was surely we would be rock bottom as before wheater signed we looked poor everywhere. actaully having seen us we look to be improving and playing some decent stuff. without any height up front we cant really go long anyway so cant see any other option than to try and play a bit. although not a good league two team i could see us finish half way. hoenstly before season started i thought we'd be bottom and cast adrift after having scored next to no goals. like you said win sat and we can go from there

Worst squad ever,yet you can see it finishing higher in the same league as last season ? Ok 🙄

4 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

One of the oldest adages in football - if a striker scores he starts the next game....  

5 hours ago, JoeP said:

I don’t think anyone’s “content to be avoiding relegation”. They just realise that the club’s being so badly run that that’s probably the best we can hope for at the moment..

When you look at the clubs currently in the top 7 you realise what a tragedy that is.

1 hour ago, ghostofcecere said:

It always said in football, judge the season after 10 games. Well 9 games in and we are 4th bottom. 4th effing bottom, and people are saying a point away at a club below us is a good result. Unbelievable.

It is a good result! We're rubbish and we've taken a point away at a team who are as rubbish as we are! We're rubbish as a team and even worse as a club!

Look at the way we're being run - are you surprised we're 4th bottom? 

It's not a good result if we're aiming to win the league, but the days of ambition for this club died years ago and even more so since the current owners came to town...

4 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Worst squad ever,yet you can see it finishing higher in the same league as last season ? Ok 🙄

3 managers didn’t help. Last years side finished lower than it should. These could get mid table plus league looks worse so yep although we are worse I think we can finish higher 

7 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

If we were that “shite” you’d have took me up on my bet that we would be relegated wouldn’t you ? You ignored it ! Since then we seem to have improved. So how about £100 we finish above 89th ? 

Improved 😂😂😂. You are either delusional or clueless, maybe both.

Singe, ignore this wind-up merchant. Clearly we are far from "shite", the club goes from strength to strength and our cup runneth over. Bliss was it in that dawn, etc etc 🙄

Archived