Fans Forum announced 10 Oct 2019

After pressure from Danny, a Fans forum has been announced.

Limited spaces, frustratingly, and at Royton Cricket Club, but obviously important the offer taken up to hold the club to account.

Questions can be emailed in, and i thought it might ben an idea to reply to this with questions submitted.

Getting this on the back of the previous protest is good.

It might even be fully booked already.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, singe said:

I'm going to submit 2 questions.

1. Are there any plans and f so timescales, to submit more transparent accounts, with Accrington accounts as a benchmark?

2. Are there going to be any more  Fan's Forums.

I can answer number two. These are EFL required Club/Fan meetings and minimum are two per season.

The Club failed to meet the target last season and are on the radar to complete this year

1 minute ago, underdog said:

I can answer number two. These are EFL required Club/Fan meetings and minimum are two per season.

The Club failed to meet the target last season and are on the radar to complete this year

That doesn't answer the question Tracey..! 😉 🤣

7 minutes ago, singe said:

That doesn't answer the question Tracey..! 😉 🤣

If they don't have a minimum of 2 per season, I believe the EFL can financial penalise the club.

Trust have been pushing for these since last November when there was a danger of them not being done last season. SLO Mark Lund pushed for them. EFL accept the friday fan meeting the club held as one....just. As there are guidelines of who should attend, what should be discussed, planning for future ones with fans...memorandum of understanding the FSA call them. 

1 hour ago, singe said:

I'm going to submit 2 questions.

1. Are there any plans and f so timescales, to submit more transparent accounts, with Accrington accounts as a benchmark?

2. Are there going to be any more  Fan's Forums.

Organise a fans forum to ask if there is to be another fans forum, at which we can ask about future fans forums... 😉

Limited number and email in questions in advance to me says these will be hand picked fans and questions will be very pointless. Be asking "What did we spend FA Cup money on" and "Who is in charge of the match day programme as I don't like the feature on the old players"

Can’t help thinking any really probing questions won’t get answered properly, certainly not in the detail we would like. I won’t imagine the “sensitive information” card will be played. 

I also note it’s not been said who will be in attendance. I suspect it will most likely be Mr. Owen.

Still, it’s a start I suppose, slowly slowly and all that.

Edit to say, I’ve just seen the chairman will be there.

7 minutes ago, youngen said:

Organise a fans forum to ask if there is to be another fans forum, at which we can ask about future fans forums... 😉

Limited number and email in questions in advance to me says these will be hand picked fans.

youngen

Dont know how you can hand pick fans with an online eticket booking system. Just booked mine no problems. 

Oh your comeback to singe decked me 

👏😂

28 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

Can’t help thinking any really probing questions won’t get answered properly, certainly not in the detail we would like. I won’t imagine the “sensitive information” card will be played. 

I also note it’s not been said who will be in attendance. I suspect it will most likely be Mr. Owen.

Still, it’s a start I suppose, slowly slowly and all that.

Edit to say, I’ve just seen the chairman will be there.

Need Mo there for sure. If he's not it's a cop out.

My questions just emailed, I think we know the answers to most of these but would be nice to hear from the horses mouth.

1) Any news about the training ground improvements? Last we heard was plans for a modular cabin to be installed at Chapel Road.

2) What information have the forensic accountants uncovered in relation to past governance of the club (and suspected fraudulent activity) and why weren't these things shown up during Mr Lemsagems initial due diligence?
3) Why are we having this forum at Royton Cricket club and not in the North Stand?
4) Why is the forum only in a venue for 100, which seems to be a very small number?
5) Given the O2 bar isn't fit for purpose (either heating is off, live game is off, or beer is off) could a tent have been setup at the back of the Rochdale Road stand, several clubs have these type of awnings. If the club can't afford one several catering/events companies offer the service.
6) How can the club sustain 30+ members of playing staff on crowds of 3400 and falling?
7) Why has Gevaro gone to Chesterfield?
😎 Who in the opinion of the chairman/manager of the 18 new signings this season is good enough to play at a top half league 2 level today?
9) Why have we not signed a center forward?
10) What is the thinking behind having umpteen (in my opinion non-league) wingers?

Good Evening Abdallah,  “Is it true that Oldham are being used to launder money through the ridiculous amount of foreign players brought in that dont even play?

disclaimer: not my thoughts by the way

Do you feel guilty that you have ripped the heart and soul out of the club and took away any identity the fans once had with it?

1 hour ago, youngen said:

Limited number and email in questions in advance to me says these will be hand picked fans and questions will be very pointless. Be asking "What did we spend FA Cup money on" and "Who is in charge of the match day programme as I don't like the feature on the old players"

I also think there should be a supplementary  fans forum to approve the minutes of the previous one.... 😉

1 hour ago, hinchy said:

My questions just emailed, I think we know the answers to most of these but would be nice to hear from the horses mouth.

1) Any news about the training ground improvements? Last we heard was plans for a modular cabin to be installed at Chapel Road. good question. Interested to know if this is happening or if it was to sweeten people up

2) What information have the forensic accountants uncovered in relation to past governance of the club (and suspected fraudulent activity) and why weren't these things shown up during Mr Lemsagems initial due diligence? no chance that's being answered 
3) Why are we having this forum at Royton Cricket club and not in the North Stand? we know why lol
4) Why is the forum only in a venue for 100, which seems to be a very small number? will 100 show up? And would you want more than 100 people telling you you're a cunt? 😂
5) Given the O2 bar isn't fit for purpose (either heating is off, live game is off, or beer is off) could a tent have been setup at the back of the Rochdale Road stand, several clubs have these type of awnings. If the club can't afford one several catering/events companies offer the service. fence it off and allow people to smoke at HT
6) How can the club sustain 30+ members of playing staff on crowds of 3400 and falling? it can't 
7) Why has Gevaro gone to Chesterfield? realised curacao isn't french enough
😎 Who in the opinion of the chairman/manager of the 18 new signings this season is good enough to play at a top half league 2 level today? maouche
9) Why have we not signed a center forward? signed loads
10) What is the thinking behind having umpteen (in my opinion non-league) wingers? sweaty pace. Works on fifa

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

youngen

Dont know how you can hand pick fans with an online eticket booking system. Just booked mine no problems. 

Oh your comeback to singe decked me 

👏😂

I assumed that they weren't that stupid to actually open the floor to all fans! There have been a few people struggling with eticketing issues though

6 minutes ago, youngen said:

I assumed that they weren't that stupid to actually open the floor to all fans! There have been a few people struggling with eticketing issues though

Big difference though giving it large on a keyboard v in a public forum 

It’ll be interesting to see who turns up to represent the club n hopefully everyone behaves or else there simply wont be anymore which will deprive our decent fans of at least getting the opportunity to get some answers on where our club is going 

From my original Plan post above;

- OAFC2004 Ltd makes a loss every year. In normal Limited company circumstances, this is not sustainable. Have you been covering that loss and writing it off every year until you can make it profitable, or are you saddling OAFC2004 Ltd with Director loans that it has to pay back if/when you come to sell it? Please can you allay our fears it's the latter by providing proof?

- Talk us through how you come to the 100% better budget claims you made at the start of the season?

- We are aware you believe you can unearth talent from your extensive knowledge of the World/European player/transfer market, how successful would you consider that to have been to date?

- Since you've been here, we've lost Philliskirk, Wild, Millington and more from our youth set up, which you've replaced with Murray et al. What does our scouting network look like then vs now? How do you assess the competitiveness of our youth set up to prospective kids/parents today vs before you arrived? Please elaborate.

- You've indicated you intend to reduce the reliance on a procession of loans, however - despite your proclamations - we've seen little/no evidence you are rewarding prospects with good/long contracts? That aside, you do appear to have faired better in selling assets, for which it would be unfair of me not to recognise.

- We hope an improvement in the team's performance will attract/bring more fans back, however you have addressed little of the obvious inadequate facilities in the 3 stands you own/lease / you have failed to find a way of getting Blitz/Gazal to do the same. Why are not trying to work WITH the FLG to improve the facilities of your paying customers?

- Why have you not invested in a new pitch and upgrade/improve the training facilities? Where is the new portacabin you promised @ Chapel Road?

- Finally, what efforts have you made to work with OACT and the Marketing/Media team to do more to promote the club to the wider Oldham community including a better funded Boundary Blues with improved facilities/Events?

Does anyone think we will get honest answers from the chairman? This is only being done because it is an EFL requirement, and no doubt he will have a couple of body guards with him. It may be a chance to show him exactly what we think of him and his useless brother. He then, just may decide to sell up next time he gets an offer, or leave without one. It seems there are people out their willing to buy the club.

4 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Does anyone think we will get honest answers from the chairman? This is only being done because it is an EFL requirement, and no doubt he will have a couple of body guards with him. It may be a chance to show him exactly what we think of him and his useless brother. He then, just may decide to sell up next time he gets an offer, or leave without one. It seems there are people out their willing to buy the club.

Nah, it’s being done because a lad on twitter (one of Singe’s mate’s) forced it. 😂

You'll get platitudes from AL and the big men off here, that bother to turn up, who usually give him dogs abuse will say nowt.  

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Nah, it’s being done because a lad on twitter (one of Singe’s mate’s) forced it. 😂

You'll get platitudes from AL and the big men off here, that bother to turn up, who usually give him dogs abuse will say nowt.  

It's quite obvious that however small that protest may have seemed, it's had an effect.

Unless you're trying to tell us that it's sheer coincidence that despite multiple requests from fans that one of these takes place having been ignored (even requests from the trust), 2 weeks after said protest and we have on in place within a month.

Archived