Fans Forum announced 10 Oct 2019

Right. Watched it. 

Firstly big kudos to AL for sitting there. He knew it was going to be hostile. But he took it, and to be fair fought back with at times some very valid points. Corney would never have done that. I wouldn’t say I like him, nor do I agree with him on a lot of things but I understand him a lot better after that. He was honest- for example about Clarke and Nepo. You might not like it, but he sat there and said it. I respect him that. The part about the council the ex owners and the FLG was very, very eye opening to me. Much more to come there, and I’m not as pro FLG as I was after watching that. 

I honestly think that if Mo 😩 and Barry 😡weren’t around we’d be ok. Or at least on a much better path. Adam spoke very well, and Dino- well the guy just oozes tenacity and backbone. I hope he can stick around, results will obviously dictate but he’s very good at mediating between the fans an the owner, he brings people together. We need him in more ways than one.  

I feel conflicted. I honestly think abdallah wants to be successful, He’s just very naive. A lot of times people spoke for him trying to protect him, almost as if they see what he puts in, but they also recognise a fool and his money are easily parted. I don’t see a monster in AL, I see a guy who in his own way is trying to do the right thing, the only problem is the people he’s put in charge of the football side are completely inept. Hence the recruitment is the single biggest issue. The players mo brings in/recommends are largely shit, and until that changes all the good things AL is doing aren’t being noticed or talked about. 

In summary until he sacks his brother and Barry. We ain’t going nowhere. 

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

It's all just a red herring this surely? 

An excuse for the stalemate with the OEC. He's possibly stringing Abdallah along to cover his ineptitude.

Very true. The investigation is progressing very slowly, slowly. 

5 hours ago, League one forever said:

Right. Watched it. 

Firstly big kudos to AL for sitting there. He knew it was going to be hostile. But he took it, and to be fair fought back with at times some very valid points. Corney would never have done that. I wouldn’t say I like him, nor do I agree with him on a lot of things but I understand him a lot better after that. He was honest- for example about Clarke and Nepo. You might not like it, but he sat there and said it. I respect him that. The part about the council the ex owners and the FLG was very, very eye opening to me. Much more to come there, and I’m not as pro FLG as I was after watching that. 

I honestly think that if Mo 😩 and Barry 😡weren’t around we’d be ok. Or at least on a much better path. Adam spoke very well, and Dino- well the guy just oozes tenacity and backbone. I hope he can stick around, results will obviously dictate but he’s very good at mediating between the fans an the owner, he brings people together. We need him in more ways than one.  

I feel conflicted. I honestly think abdallah wants to be successful, He’s just very naive. A lot of times people spoke for him trying to protect him, almost as if they see what he puts in, but they also recognise a fool and his money are easily parted. I don’t see a monster in AL, I see a guy who in his own way is trying to do the right thing, the only problem is the people he’s put in charge of the football side are completely inept. Hence the recruitment is the single biggest issue. The players mo brings in/recommends are largely shit, and until that changes all the good things AL is doing aren’t being noticed or talked about. 

In summary until he sacks his brother and Barry. We ain’t going nowhere. 

The flaw in your argument is that it is Mo bringing the players in Dino and others have clearly said Al is the one bringing players in. "it's my club, I can do what I like often said" The fact he is being protected is not allowing a clear picture of his involvement. 

Adam spoke well because the others were so bad they made him look good. But you have to examine the content of what he said. He said he'd not heard of the Lancaster Club until 2 days ago. He said that an item missing off the Land Registry was a reason the whole OEC is being investigated. A lot if distraction. More questions are needed and it may come to pass, but the grounds for this "investigation look semantic rather than cast iron 

He also said he has done a lot of takeovers. And that these things were "hidden" We know 6 months of Due Diligence took place but that it was very poor Due Diligence. 

He said he did the Due Diligence. 

Bullshit baffles brains. 

As you all know, I’m one of the biggest critics of the Lemsagams.  Due to business commitments and distance, I couldn’t make last night but I have rewatched the feed a few times.

I’m prepared to give them my support upon condition of the following -

1. Give an impartial third party full access to the books, P&L and financial history to date under their tenure to prove/disprove what Adam Moralee and the FD said last night

2. Give unconditional guarantee that Dino has full control and final say of the recruitment and selection of the team.  AL has every right to involve his brother if he wishes but his involvement from now is to recommend but Dino has final say.  Furthermore, allow frees to be used between now and January window to address the immediate issue of no effective striker(s)

3. Give full and unconditional access to an impartial fan panel of the stadium/land/OEC saga including detail of this once investigation - objectives etc - and the conclusion of the investigation and resulting action.  Fundamentally how this will benefit the club once resolved.

4. This forum is repeated every two months as promised with an open floor for questions.

Unless all these conditions are agreed, we’ll still be asking more questions then getting answers.  Part of my felt sorry for AL last night - he’s pumped his money into a bottomless money pit (motive still unclear unless it is purely his being in love with the club) and been royally fucked over.  Add to this, his plans haven’t achieved what he wants (hindsight is a wonderful thing ie Clarke) and he’s one frustrated individual who operates recklessly.  I’ve seen it many times in business.

14 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

As you all know, I’m one of the biggest critics of the Lemsagams.  Due to business commitments and distance, I couldn’t make last night but I have rewatched the feed a few times.

I’m prepared to give them my support upon condition of the following -

1. Give an impartial third party full access to the books, P&L and financial history to date under their tenure to prove/disprove what Adam Moralee and the FD said last night

2. Give unconditional guarantee that Dino has full control and final say of the recruitment and selection of the team.  AL has every right to involve his brother if he wishes but his involvement from now is to recommend but Dino has final say.  Furthermore, allow frees to be used between now and January window to address the immediate issue of no effective striker(s)

3. Give full and unconditional access to an impartial fan panel of the stadium/land/OEC saga including detail of this once investigation - objectives etc - and the conclusion of the investigation and resulting action.  Fundamentally how this will benefit the club once resolved.

4. This forum is repeated every two months as promised with an open floor for questions.

Unless all these conditions are agreed, we’ll still be asking more questions then getting answers.  Part of my felt sorry for AL last night - he’s pumped his money into a bottomless money pit (motive still unclear unless it is purely his being in love with the club) and been royally fucked over.  Add to this, his plans haven’t achieved what he wants (hindsight is a wonderful thing ie Clarke) and he’s one frustrated individual who operates recklessly.  I’ve seen it many times in business.

The only issue with what you have sensibly laid out is that MoAl influence selection through player and staff discipline, so that caveat should be incorporated. 

21 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Part of my felt sorry for AL last night - he’s pumped his money into a bottomless money pit (motive still unclear unless it is purely his being in love with the club) and been royally fucked over.  Add to this, his plans haven’t achieved what he wants (hindsight is a wonderful thing ie Clarke) and he’s one frustrated individual who operates recklessly.  I’ve seen it many times in business.

He's been fucked over, but that only appears to have come to light AFTER he bought the club. His accountant told him he'd be crazy to take it on, yet he has done anyway and, as you say, we're still waiting for an answer to why he did take it on..

6 minutes ago, singe said:

The only issue with what you have sensibly laid out is that MoAl influence selection through player and staff discipline, so that caveat should be incorporated. 

I agree but it won’t happen.  

He trusts his brother and if he’s the one pumping the money in then that’s his choice.  However it’s hasn't worked thus far or in the timescales and urgency needed.  One other thing I picked up - I don’t think they’ve ever been challenged or welcome challenge - this has been a major culture shock to both of them and last night was testament.  You could see if with ML last night.  AL appeared more pragmatic albeit feisty at times and perversely, I do actual think he wants good for this club but his tenure/decisions/actions to date have been fuckwittery to the highest level.

Therefore Dino needs final say on any ML recommendation.

If the Lemsagams are true to their word and them saying that the club is greater than any player, employee or even owner, then they should agree to this.  

9 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I think we should cut AL some slack here providing he gives Dino an extended run as head coach. He is obviously parting with a fair wedge in keeping the club afloat  and he has to be applauded for that....Mo is the real problem here and because I can’t imagine Dino going along with his recruitment model they are almost certainly going to clash.

Dino strikes me as being a pretty strong character so It is all going to hinge on who’s side AL takes when the shit inevitably hits the fan, if it’s his brother which is more than likely then the club will be fucked.

Our supporters will not accept another sacking!!!

8 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

Hard to disagree with any of this. 👍

7 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

An utterly delusional comment.

The beauty of this forum encapsulated by two differing responses to the original post.

Jury is still out on Dino as far as I am concerned.  Says the right things (a lot of managers do) but since he was brought in he's claimed we have a good squad and praised the recruitment, then slated the recruitment the week after and said we have players that aren't good enough, before returning back to his original statement.

18 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Jury is still out on Dino as far as I am concerned.  Says the right things (a lot of managers do) but since he was brought in he's claimed we have a good squad and praised the recruitment, then slated the recruitment the week after and said we have players that aren't good enough, before returning back to his original statement.

I think as he sees more of the squad in action he's realised many of those recruited aren't and never will be good enough for the first team. Some of these can't have been seen in competitive action by previous managers, perhaps only in training - which is no way to judge a player.

My recommendation is any unfamiliar to Dino potential signings should be watched in live competitive action  before recruitment.

32 minutes ago, JoeP said:

He's been fucked over, but that only appears to have come to light AFTER he bought the club. His accountant told him he'd be crazy to take it on, yet he has done anyway and, as you say, we're still waiting for an answer to why he did take it on..

I’m still asking that question but I can name you Alan Sugar, Simon Jordan, George Reynolds and, even closer to home; Moore, Blitz, Corney.  All believed that they had the business acumen and ‘success’ elsewhere that could be easily transferred into the world of football club owner.  All have been chewed u, spat out and lost millions, if not billions, between them.

Abdallah’s motive still remains as unclear after the forum as before.  Football fan lured by the dream of running and succeeding as football club owner?  Perhaps.  

Money laundering?  I very much doubt.  Too many variables and stakeholders involved.  Only way is skimming off the top of transfers or wages and we’re not talking Messi or Ronaldo here.  If he’s pumping £200k a month in to launder c£30k in return then he’s more incompetent that I thought.

I’m afraid it comes down to the following... incompetence, naivety, nepotism... mix that with being surrounded by even bigger incompetents (siblings in business very rarely seen succeed), perceived power and someone who isn’t used to people challenging him.  When challenged, they react the only way they can without any regard to sound business practice, commercial law and strategy.  As I said earlier, I’ve experienced all these in business over the years and still do.  

If if I could offer sound advice for free -

1. Commit to those conditions I said earlier to get fans on side and quickly.  As one fan said last night, and it was lost in the shouting, the fans fund the future of the club.  This is 100% accurate at this level.  Commercial activity is best part of fuck all. 

2. Get rid of Barry Owen.  Don’t know the bloke, never met him.  However he’s odious, destructive and needs to be gone ASAP.  Ironic he was fans representative whereas now he’s a major catalyst to the fan anger.

3. Reconsider Mo’s role.  His hit rate on quality is minimal.  Siblings in business rarely succeed, especially being an older and more dominant sibling in decision making.  Blood clouds judgement.

4. Bring in an impartial business analyst as a priority  Giving Moralee and the FD benefit of my doubt - as even the most forensic due diligence doesn’t unearth every transaction especially if off the books - some answers last night over the OEC debacle remain even more questionable.  Not knowing information paramount to the topic that was clearly in public domain raises competence concerns.  Moralee came over rational but I can’t get that David Haye conference out my head.

5. Commit to a forum every two months without fail and open up more to the fans.  Yes you’re locking your wounds but kudos for facing that bear pit last night.  Despite all the shite to date, fans are a forgiving bunch if the future of the club is truly protected and the team succeeds in the pitch.  You claim to want to be our saviour, go out and prove it with immediate action

4 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

I’m still asking that question but I can name you Alan Sugar, Simon Jordan, George Reynolds and, even closer to home; Moore, Blitz, Corney.  All believed that they had the business acumen and ‘success’ elsewhere that could be easily transferred into the world of football club owner.  All have been chewed u, spat out and lost millions, if not billions, between them.

Abdallah’s motive still remains as unclear after the forum as before.  Football fan lured by the dream of running and succeeding as football club owner?  Perhaps.  

Money laundering?  I very much doubt.  Too many variables and stakeholders involved.  Only way is skimming off the top of transfers or wages and we’re not talking Messi or Ronaldo here.  If he’s pumping £200k a month in to launder c£30k in return then he’s more incompetent that I thought.

I’m afraid it comes down to the following... incompetence, naivety, nepotism... mix that with being surrounded by even bigger incompetents (siblings in business very rarely seen succeed), perceived power and someone who isn’t used to people challenging him.  When challenged, they react the only way they can without any regard to sound business practice, commercial law and strategy.  As I said earlier, I’ve experienced all these in business over the years and still do.  

If if I could offer sound advice for free -

1. Commit to those conditions I said earlier to get fans on side and quickly.  As one fan said last night, and it was lost in the shouting, the fans fund the future of the club.  This is 100% accurate at this level.  Commercial activity is best part of fuck all. 

2. Get rid of Barry Owen.  Don’t know the bloke, never met him.  However he’s odious, destructive and needs to be gone ASAP.  Ironic he was fans representative whereas now he’s a major catalyst to the fan anger.

3. Reconsider Mo’s role.  His hit rate on quality is minimal.  Siblings in business rarely succeed, especially being an older and more dominant sibling in decision making.  Blood clouds judgement.

4. Bring in an impartial business analyst as a priority  Giving Moralee and the FD benefit of my doubt - as even the most forensic due diligence doesn’t unearth every transaction especially if off the books - some answers last night over the OEC debacle remain even more questionable.  Not knowing information paramount to the topic that was clearly in public domain raises competence concerns.  Moralee came over rational but I can’t get that David Haye conference out my head.

5. Commit to a forum every two months without fail and open up more to the fans.  Yes you’re locking your wounds but kudos for facing that bear pit last night.  Despite all the shite to date, fans are a forgiving bunch if the future of the club is truly protected and the team succeeds in the pitch.  You claim to want to be our saviour, go out and prove it with immediate action

I can't see two monthly public meetings happening, the next will be due in December and as little will have changed by then it would after the transfer window before there's anything more to discuss. That takes us to February.

With this is mind, plus the owners commitments, I'd recommend forums every February, June and October.

37 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

When he came in he said that we had some good players for this division and the recruitment was good. He’d probably only been referring to the match day squad to be fair and now he’s had time to assess the rest of the squad he has realised there are too many sub standard players and little strength in depth.

I reckon the squad size will be cut drastically, and rightfully so, providing Dino is still here through January and beyond.

17 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

I don't think his motivation is as innocent as "football fan living the dream".  I think his reason for taking us on dovetails with his previous company.  Owning a football club means his clients can be projected onto a higher stage that they never would otherwise, if he wasn't owning a club.

In could potentially be a good business plan certainly for his "old" football agency as the they have a direct route to raising the profile of their players.  It's not working for the club, though and if his plan isn't working thus far and it's costing him money?  Well tough fucking shit - if he's bought us to use it as a vehicle to peddle his average clients, then I have very little sympathy..

55 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

I agree, and of course that's the reason he was in attendance when really there were very little grounds for him being there. He's a tad too sycophantic for my liking at the moment. Lots of great historical club stuff. The only thing he didn't do was kiss the badge...! I appreciate he has to navigate a fine line, but he is jumping in before having had time to properly assess. That said, being multi lingual he potentially can be a great link between the fans and the owner, to understand them better but articulate in English. Early days yet. I think he'll have learnt a lot from last night.

6 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

Another point made by AL was that it was Banide who wanted Urko Vera signed in pre-season.

”why everyone talking about Urko Vera” I believe the quote was.

Has Vera left the club? 

Archived