Fans Forum announced 10 Oct 2019

3 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Don't forget, when AL was doing his due diligence and starting to put money into the club to stabilize it, we were fairly well placed in league one.  I am sure the gamble he was playing was that bringing in his stars like Menig! the team would soon be showing their wares in the Championship.  In the Championship, everything would be great!

Unfortunately immediately things when south and we were stuck at least 2 promotions from the money of the championship.  I'm sure AL panicked, got rid of anyone, playing or admin, who cost money.  Employing inexperienced staff has resulted in the poor organisation we have all seen.  The few that have done well, have left "to further their careers" we were told last night. 

The thing the board don't get, is that for many of us this does not feel like our club anymore.  it doesn't help hearing "I bought the club and I can do what I like with it".

He didn't say it directly, but I think he meant including taking us into the Conference.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

If he bought us to showcase his stable of talent then that doesn’t bother me.  That’s basically how clubs at our level survive anyway.  We sign, develop and sell on.

However, the calibre has been shocking.  Hit rate on good versus bad is minimal.  Last night they referenced Edmundson, Davies and possibly Holloway.  None of these three were Mo’s signings.  Recognition that Abdallah re-signed Edmundson when he was destined for a loan or even release but Edmundson’s development has more to do with Phillskirk as coach and Clarke as mentor than the Lemsagams.

If using us a stable to get richer quick via wheeling/dealing then it will be slowly, slowly because the quality is so bad and resale value is next to nothing or will take years if we’re signing very young and raw talent.

But this is the thing - he’s showcasing his low-calibre players at the expense of the club! Surely this should bother you?

He’s arrogant enough to think that because he’s “been” an agent, he knows what players are saleable - and he’s clearly wrong!

There might even be an argument to suggest if his players were any good, he wouldn’t be here at all because they’d be bought on talent, rather than high profile. Unfortunately a “former” agent has taken us over, who’s clients nobody wants and are being inflicted on our club..

48 minutes ago, singe said:

That was Richard Bowden, Fans rep.
https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/june/12062019-new-board-appointment/
The Trust Rep is Darren who was further round to the righht of Mo sort of, off the table, although he didn't speak.

Not a director according to Companies House. Another 'clerical error'. 

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

My feeling on it having watched it is that AL genuinely believes he's making the right decisions, he also believes he's surrounded himself with people he can trust but really he doesn't need to keep reminding us that that is his prerogative. 

For me he isn't the problem it's the couple of incompetent individuals he's surrounded himself with, namely Barry and Mo, Barry adopted his usual defensive position from the start seizing the mic at every opportunity and trying to worm his way out of every scenario thrown at him by pretending he was acting dumb arse throughout the entire Three Amigo and Corney reigns, I had plenty to say at the time with regards to Corney and Owen is on record defending the bloke, Owen was around the club more than Corney himself so if he's going down the route of playing ignorant he's a very silly man but all that will be dealt with in due course. 

One point I'd like to make though is surely for the good of the club the man should step down, just listening to him in that room shows you how toxic his relationship with the fans has become, very few trust him and even less like him so how is that any good for the club going forward and how are they ever going to get fans back on board whilst the bad smell from the previous regime is still around? 

As for our esteemed sporting director he simply isn't up to it and watching him muddle his way through proceedings last night just reaffirms that, he's brought in some shit and there's no other way of dressing it up, trying to take some sort of credit for Edmondson is laughable and every one of his signings to a tee has made us a poorer team, we are a quarter of the way through the season and lie 21st in the bottom tier, without a recognised striker and a squad of 35+ players, 25 of which who'd struggle in the National League, in any other walk of life you'd be sacked because you could describe his performance so far as incompetent at best.

My main worry is their wasn't any real acknowledgement for the continuing of making mistakes, on that basis you can't really expect fans to buy in if you throw out that it's yours and you can do as you please with it, if he wants to take that approach he will suffer financially which to me is brainless.

As for the rest of the panel I found the finance director both engaging and honest, probably too honest at times but nonetheless he seemed pretty switched on and knowledgeable, an asset to the club.

Adam Moralee spoke well, to be honest any future meeting with fans would probably be more productive if he attended alone, he's an intelligent man an I think he realises there needs to be change on all sides.

The other director (to Abdallahs right) spoke well, was obviously a passionate and knowledge fan and didn't see the fans as some sort of inconvenience like Owen appears to do. 

If that was the Trust board member on the left it just looked a bit awkward but I may have read that wrong.

All in all it was a fair meeting held together reasonably well and it's a tiny step forward, fair play to the Lemsagams for having the balls to front the crowd, for me that shows the passion is still there I just feel they'd be better served being more humble and conceding they are getting a lot of things very wrong even though that's difficult to do, culturally I am sure the new manager will advise then well and in my opinion they'd do well to integrate him into the board going forward, with 20+ years of experience he's probably the sort of man who could bridge the gap between the board and fan base. 

Can't disagree with any of this

One thing that worries me is that no one seems to address the problem of team togetherness and cohesion.  The language issue creates a natural divide which needs to be managed.  The bullying approach of the admin of the club in dealing with and getting rid of players, means the players are worried am I next in line.  Do Oldham really care about me? And unfortunately the new manager is so far not showing the arm around the shoulder approach, in fact quite the opposite

I have to think, if I was an Oldham player, would I work that little harder to support a play and fellow players on the pitch?  If the answer is no, we have a problem.  Small things like that make a difference. 

59 minutes ago, JoeP said:

But this is the thing - he’s showcasing his low-calibre players at the expense of the club! Surely this should bother you?

He’s arrogant enough to think that because he’s “been” an agent, he knows what players are saleable - and he’s clearly wrong!

There might even be an argument to suggest if his players were any good, he wouldn’t be here at all because they’d be bought on talent, rather than high profile. Unfortunately a “former” agent has taken us over, who’s clients nobody wants and are being inflicted on our club..

If he’s bringing players in who are no good and not enhancing their reputation at all at Oldham, how does he benefit from that?

4 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

If he’s bringing players in who are no good and not enhancing their reputation at all at Oldham, how does he benefit from that?

I didn’t say it was working. I suggested that might be his business plan..

1 hour ago, StoodinaBoshell said:

Mo and Al also appear to have different nationalities despite being brothers. Mo listed as being French Nationality and living in Germany.

Two Labuschagne brothers born in South Africa. One plays cricket for Australia, the other plays rugby for Japan. 

Ok, watched it. 

Barry is a liability, get rid.  Damaged goods.  It doesn’t matter if he’s done bad things or not. Trust is gone and that’s not good for the club. 

I’m content with AL and his motivations and intentions toward the business aspects of the club.  The lawyer and accountant seem more than decent and I doubt they are part of some weird conspiracy.   I might be wrong, but I’n inclined to give them all time. 

Regarding the fans. Some level headed open minded present. But some other  absolute bell ends in that audience. Notable twitter gob-shites amongst them. Disrespectful. The lad that seemed to think it was all for his benefit and walked out in disgust 😂🤪.  Some clearly don’t know as much as they think they do and are maybe barking up the wrong tree. Again, we shall see. 

18 hours ago, singe said:

Yes, millions he said

No mention of the Community Trust being a significant beneficiary.
Paras 7
http://committees.oldham.gov.uk/documents/s7266/acquisition of lancaster club FINAL HM 27.7.11.pdf

18 hours ago, JoeP said:

Can't remember how the conversation went - was he saying he thought the money was just from the council to help build the North stand?

As opposed to compensation for the Failsworth mess?

Chris Stringer is typing it up.
Here is part of the relevent section

Archived