Fans Forum announced 10 Oct 2019

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

There are people who defend the owner's strategy when it's clearly indefensible. Apologist sounds like a reasonable description to me. 

Sorry Dave, that’s utter nonsense. Find me one person on here that has said they back AL. Just one????? 

And by back him I mean they agree with his recruitment, they agree with his choice of board. They agree with the manager turnover. They agree with his nepotism. They agree with bloated squads. They agree with inflated wages on no mark players. . I could go on. . . To suggest otherwise is well, like ‘wiseowl’ 😂 just making things up. 

Having said that, people’s lack of balance is tiresome. It’s impossible on this board to make any contribution that asks people to look outside their own view without being accused of apologising. It shows a real lack of intelligence, and a sheep mentality. 

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Dont worry. NotSoWiseOwl is quoting the guy who brought in the likes of Giles Coke on a 2-yr Deal and Ishmael Miller who left football coz he admitted himself he had no hunger for it and then has the gall to claim worry over the future of the club. 

As for the rest on here...they still do not “get it” regards the stable of players brought from abroad.

TTA didn’t come here for the love of Oldham. Neither has AL. There is no land to make their money off and revenue streams were crippled by Corney so the plan has clearly been to bring in players they’re connected with in the hope it will make them some money in the long run. Sadly, the plan isn’t working so far. They’re hoping Dino can turn some of these into decent players. But I’ve said it before, there’s been as many dross English-system based players come through the gates than there has Johnny Foreigner over the years. Only chucking serious money at it (and deny it all they want coz they believe it somehow justifies themselves but staying away does affect what can be chucked at it) would get the sort of players to be decent...but either he hasn’t got much of it (how VERY dare he buy us with not much money) or what he did have has mostly been spent clearing up Corneys mess. It’s clear to me it’s the latter seeing as we aren’t in court, under embargo or with players being paid at present. 

This is the reality of the situation. Sticks in the throat of many.

What did you make of the fans' forum Ross? 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

What did you make of the fans' forum Ross? 

I’ve posted further down on this topic (on Oct 12th) relating to the forum but someone else said it best when they described it as “Twitter ramblings in a room” 

Allowing Barry Owen to be your mouthpiece is never going to go well. Others spoke well (bar Mo) and added some context to how things have been. Some of it is truth (which plenty want to ignore) some of its spin and sadly there’s some bullshit in there too. This can all be applied to the AgendaLads also tho. A room full of piss boiling away. 

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I’ve posted further down on this topic (on Oct 12th) relating to the forum but someone else said it best when they described it as “Twitter ramblings in a room” 

Allowing Barry Owen to be your mouthpiece is never going to go well. Others spoke well (bar Mo) and added some context to how things have been. Some of it is truth (which plenty want to ignore) some of its spin and sadly there’s some bullshit in there too. This can all be applied to the AgendaLads also tho. A room full of piss boiling away. 

Giving it large 😂

5 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Or an initiative to engage with local schools to attract younger fans? 

#spinitanywayyouwantto

That kind of football Isn't going to attract school kids. It's more likely to turn them away and never want to go again. The time to give free tickets to school kids is when we are playing really well. If they enjoy it they will want to go again.

A

1 minute ago, al_bro said:

That kind of football Isn't going to attract school kids. It's more likely to turn them away and never want to go again. The time to give free tickets to school kids is when we are playing really well. If they enjoy it they will want to go again.

Absolutely...I honestly could have walked out after 15 minutes. The free ticket brigade must have been bored shitless, I certainly wouldn’t be coming back for more!

42 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

A

Absolutely...I honestly could have walked out after 15 minutes. The free ticket brigade must have been bored shitless, I certainly wouldn’t be coming back for more!

whitch is what huddersfield did when they were flying along in the championship worked a treat 

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

I agree but I was talking about the initiative not the timing. Your original post was questioning the intent of that initiative. I was putting an alternative reason forward. 

2 hours ago, al_bro said:

Artificially increasing the gate by giving away loads of free tickets to hide the real drop in attendances now.

Which is making a mockery of the prediction league attendances on here, do we have any redress for suing the bastards. 

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Or an initiative to engage with local schools to attract younger fans? 

#spinitanywayyouwantto

Funny you mention spin. IT was  described as a one off. And we know how successful one offs like these have been in the past. Be much more positive if it was part of a long term effort.

3 hours ago, disjointed said:

Which is making a mockery of the prediction league attendances on here, do we have any redress for suing the bastards. 

They can give away 1,000 freebies for next Tuesday and I think will all be safe in predicting under 3,000.

5 hours ago, al_bro said:

I've been saying this for decades. We've always done ticket offers for the games you could bet your house on us being shit against shit opposition plus it being especially cold and wet. We always have space for attractive games when we're on a good run, sucker the poor bastards in then when they might think it's always going to be like that 

Archived