Fans Forum announced 10 Oct 2019

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, mick26 said:

Is there another forum on 4th October with Dino?

He said it on latest podcast in his interview with Smedders but not seen anything.

Preemptive strike by AL?

He probably meant his one and the main focus will be around him now and his vision for the club. AL trying to play his get out of jail free card? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2019 at 3:16 PM, TheBigDog said:

Fans Forum on Thursday.

For those who cannot attend in person, the event will be streamed live on the 'OfficialOAFC' YouTube channel courtesy of club partners Envision Images.

Will it have an X certificate rating? 

Honestly cannot wait for this. It will probably be generic, ordinary and usual mud-slinging by the board of directors. If that is the case, we then know what we are dealing with from then on in (as if we didn't already)

Questions need to be asked, answers are needing to be given and if they fail to do so, there will be a major backlash on them and potentially be the beginning of the end and decimate any remaining rapport amongst the fan base. 

As supporters and the little few we have remaining, it is our job to push for as much information as we can. The EFL won't protect us, that is seemingly clear, so between us, should the forum be what I have alluded to in the first paragraph then we need to take a stand and unite to try and save what little we have left. 

This Club without you and me cannot exist. This Club has been neglected for years under 2/3 regimes and this Club and ourselves as supporters deserve a hell of a lot more than what it's currently being given.

Being a Latics supporter, I don't ask for the world, how could I? I've seen 2 play-off campaigns and a few FA Cup moments that have shocked the nation in 22 years. I don't demand a team that wins but I certainly demand a Club that tries and under this current regime, the effort set out to improve us as a Club leaves a lot to be desired. 

If this Club does die, whether that be through financial problems or by drifting further away into oblivion, it doesn't just die on the watch of the owners, it dies on our watch too, as supporters. We have a duty to do everything we can to help our beloved Oldham Athletic and should that mean coming together to apply pressure on the owners and hold them to account, scrutinising every decision they make then so be it. If it then dies after that, at least we can say "we tried" and at that point have the hunger, desire and fire in our belly's to rebuild with whatever pieces we are left to build from.

Archived