Fans Forum announced 10 Oct 2019

50 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Honestly cannot wait for this. It will probably be generic, ordinary and usual mud-slinging by the board of directors. If that is the case, we then know what we are dealing with from then on in (as if we didn't already)

Questions need to be asked, answers are needing to be given and if they fail to do so, there will be a major backlash on them and potentially be the beginning of the end and decimate any remaining rapport amongst the fan base. 

As supporters and the little few we have remaining, it is our job to push for as much information as we can. The EFL won't protect us, that is seemingly clear, so between us, should the forum be what I have alluded to in the first paragraph then we need to take a stand and unite to try and save what little we have left. 

This Club without you and me cannot exist. This Club has been neglected for years under 2/3 regimes and this Club and ourselves as supporters deserve a hell of a lot more than what it's currently being given.

Being a Latics supporter, I don't ask for the world, how could I? I've seen 2 play-off campaigns and a few FA Cup moments that have shocked the nation in 22 years. I don't demand a team that wins but I certainly demand a Club that tries and under this current regime, the effort set out to improve us as a Club leaves a lot to be desired. 

If this Club does die, whether that be through financial problems or by drifting further away into oblivion, it doesn't just die on the watch of the owners, it dies on our watch too, as supporters. We have a duty to do everything we can to help our beloved Oldham Athletic and should that mean coming together to apply pressure on the owners and hold them to account, scrutinising every decision they make then so be it. If it then dies after that, at least we can say "we tried" and at that point have the hunger, desire and fire in our belly's to rebuild with whatever pieces we are left to build from.

Unfortunately I cannot make the meeting this evening - Will you be there @unsworthlatic?  If so please do everything you can to ask the important questions. Cheers!

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will not be there unfortunately, but I hope the right questions will be asked.  For example asking "can you tell us if AL or ML pick the team?" will get a laugh and a reply "of course we don't, that's what we pay a manager for". 

However if we ask " Is it true that certain players have been made unavailable for the manager to pick?" (and there are plenty of rumours about players not being allowed to train with the first team etc) 

" and would you accept this is terrible for Player morale and would contribute to poor on field performances from the rest of the team?" 

then maybe it will be harder for the board to laugh it off

8 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Unfortunately I cannot make the meeting this evening - Will you be there @unsworthlatic?  If so please do everything you can to ask the important questions. Cheers!

I certainly will be. I'll do everything to ensure they do not get an easy ride and try everything to make sure the important questions are asked.

1 hour ago, unsworthlatic said:

We have a duty to do everything we can to help our beloved Oldham Athletic and should that mean coming together to apply pressure on the owners and hold them to account, scrutinising every decision they make then so be it. If it then dies after that, at least we can say "we tried" 

What exactly do you mean by "apply pressure on the owners and hold them to account"?

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

I will not be there unfortunately, but I hope the right questions will be asked.  For example asking "can you tell us if AL or ML pick the team?" will get a laugh and a reply "of course we don't, that's what we pay a manager for". 

However if we ask " Is it true that certain players have been made unavailable for the manager to pick?" (and there are plenty of rumours about players not being allowed to train with the first team etc) 

" and would you accept this is terrible for Player morale and would contribute to poor on field performances from the rest of the team?" 

then maybe it will be harder for the board to laugh it off

Why?

They're either going to dodge the questions, give untruthful answers or give truthful answers (in the unlikely event the truth is that none of that goes on) that many have already decided that they won't believe anyway.

This is a PR exercise by the club like any other fans forum in the past. 

Nobody is going to ask a question & get an answer that's going to change one single thing.

The only difference might be that it kicks off one way or another and people get the chance to call them cunts.

Which might make a difference. 

No questions, no matter how clever, will.

16 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Why?

They're either going to dodge the questions, give untruthful answers or give truthful answers (in the unlikely event the truth is that none of that goes on) that many have already decided that they won't believe anyway.

This is a PR exercise by the club like any other fans forum in the past. 

Nobody is going to ask a question & get an answer that's going to change one single thing.

The only difference might be that it kicks off one way or another and people get the chance to call them cunts.

Which might make a difference. 

No questions, no matter how clever, will.

It's also a mandatory exercise.

However it isn't coincidence it was announced just after the protests started.  If everyone comes away from tonight with the concrete view that the BOD are lying, corrupt, dodgy cunts then those protests will recommence and likely in bigger numbers.

This to many fans is simply a chance for the BOD to reassure them, however unlikely that is.

21 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

What exactly do you mean by "apply pressure on the owners and hold them to account"?

Apply pressure by continuously asking for reasoning behind decisions, be more vocal towards the decisions that could potentially decrease the already meagre reputation that the club has. Let's make a start and not just accept the dross that we are being served both on and off the field.

1 minute ago, unsworthlatic said:

Apply pressure by continuously asking for reasoning behind decisions, be more vocal towards the decisions that could potentially decrease the already meagre reputation that the club has. Let's make a start and not just accept the dross that we are being served both on and off the field.

It'll take something different & meatier than (or in addition to) those things if that's what it comes to... 

I'd like to hear a reply from AL why his brother is still in the job after recruiting sub standard  players, while several managers have departed since unable to rectify his poor decisions.

Get out of that one AL.

14 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

It'll take something different & meatier than (or in addition to) those things if that's what it comes to... 

Of course but that cannot be from just 27 people (like at the protest) that needs to come from the wider fan base.

Apathy has set in and gone into overdrive when in reality there is plenty left worthy of saving. If it carries on for much longer though there probably won't be much left.

It will be pointless. Whatever he says and however he says it, pro AL fans will b saying see he's telling the truth and anti AL fans will say oh he's lying again. We will only know for sure in a season or two when we r doin well or still doin shit

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I'd like to hear a reply from AL why his brother is still in the job after recruiting sub standard  players, while several managers have departed since unable to rectify his poor decisions.

Get out of that one AL.

Absolutely. One of the main questions I would like answering. Especially after the club's press statement blaming nepotism under the previous regime (which is a massive joke btw). You couldn't make it up.

Their is generally not alot fans can do full stop.

The only 2 options they really have are protest or to walk with their feet. So while I doubt tonight will result in AL and ML going away and having an overhaul on strategy its the only chance most of our fans will have of getting him in a room and telling him what they think of his ownership of the club they care about.

So while a change here is unlikely then by reason or by force the only chance they will get to try and convince him to make a change is by confronting him face to face tonight. My gut is telling me that AL will fill the room with his sock puppets and use this as a propaganda tool my hope is its full of people like unsworth who will challenge him on his views 

Don't let tonight turn into a shouting match. If it does, nothing will be achieved, and we won't get anywhere if they decide not to put up with it and leave the room. Everyone needs to keep calm and not get agitated.

Is it just me that thinks this is a waste of time nothing will change .story’s will still be told about Mo and Al picking the team and  interfering ,I don’t know if they do or don’t. accounts will still be  cloudy  staff  will still be  finished or leave.  All I’m interested in is the team on the pitch   And wages being paid on time   I want somewhere to go on a Saturday afternoon my bit of downtime from the  hustle and bustle of  life  where I can celebrate the good times and call them to feck. In the bad times  same as I’ve done for the past 50 yrs 

11 minutes ago, Handsy said:

Is it just me that thinks this is a waste of time nothing will change .story’s will still be told about Mo and Al picking the team and  interfering ,I don’t know if they do or don’t. accounts will still be  cloudy  staff  will still be  finished or leave.  All I’m interested in is the team on the pitch   And wages being paid on time   I want somewhere to go on a Saturday afternoon my bit of downtime from the  hustle and bustle of  life  where I can celebrate the good times and call them to feck. In the bad times  same as I’ve done for the past 50 yrs 

The way AL runs the club is direcly affecting the quality of football on the pitch.

So those people who claim to only go for the football and don't care who runs the club mustn't care too much if we win or not. Which must be weird because I like winning.

Archived