BANIDE GONE!!!!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to say he had done ok. Left with a substandard team who didn’t know each other and had managed to get them to show improvement. The one thing we had was continuity in what we were trying to achieve. Now that has gone with new manager with likely new tactics. Gone backwards again. Not seen one proper protest at AL either over his shambolic control. Surely we have to now 

I’ve been a pretty silent passenger to all the goings on since Scholes left...it’s absolutely comical and AL is making an absolute mockery of our club...how can he release that statement last week and then go and do this?!? He’s on another planet!!

30 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

At least, like he always said, he sold to someone who had the interests of the club at heart. Imagine how it could've gone.

He got abuse from fans for years for stuff that was small-fry compared to what the current owner's doing.  Don't think I'd feel particularly guilty about going back on that statement, if I was in his shoes..

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I read this. I have stated before that Banide would not get any grief from me because he had a nigh on impossible task on his hands.

What is going on down at BP under this regime is really getting beyond belief. Our credibility is completely shot.

Unless I`ve missed it somewhere (because I`m fast losing interest in anything to do with the club) I await with interest the reaction of The Trust. Will this latest debacle awaken them from their incessant slumber?

9 minutes ago, JoeP said:

He got abuse from fans for years for stuff that was small-fry compared to what the current owner's doing.  Don't think I'd feel particularly guilty about going back on that statement, if I was in his shoes..

Haemorrhoids or genital warts. Agreed about Abdallah though... Enough's enough now. I think Corney's reign will ensure the patience isn't there this time. 

Vision & Plan 2019-2022: https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/may/21052019-owner-update/

3 - Excellent coaching and management - high quality coaching and management, whilst supporting the Club’s ambitions to deliver entertaining, technically and tactically good quality football, is central to the forward plan.  This will include coaches who can spot and develop talent and build a stable and effective squad capable of competing for promotion.

It is important to establish continuity and consistency in this aspect of the Club, so that Oldham Athletic establishes its own playing style, pipeline of players, and avoids short term overhaul.

:applause1::laught30::sign0007:

1 minute ago, oafcmetty said:

Vision & Plan 2019-2022: https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/may/21052019-owner-update/

3 - Excellent coaching and management - high quality coaching and management, whilst supporting the Club’s ambitions to deliver entertaining, technically and tactically good quality football, is central to the forward plan.  This will include coaches who can spot and develop talent and build a stable and effective squad capable of competing for promotion.

It is important to establish continuity and consistency in this aspect of the Club, so that Oldham Athletic establishes its own playing style, pipeline of players, and avoids short term overhaul.

Consistently and continually insane

3 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Says coaches. Plural. Not wrong there

Banide and his assistant were at Chapel Road this afternoon training with the fringe players. Saw him there at 3.45pm.

Pretty shoddy from AL to have him doing the pre-match club interview, and take training when all the while they were planning on sacking him before the end of the day and already had his replacement waiting in the wings.

I do have a certain amount of sympathy for Banide here. I actually thought that the team had started to turn things around and there was cause for optimism, but now it all starts again.

Can we not just have some stability? Why do they keep appointing manager after manager and then sacking the guys that they themselves had appointed?!?!?! 

Its the idiots who do the recruiting that need to be looked at!! 🤡😡

3 hours ago, Simpo said:

First gaffer since I started going that I never went to a game under. Anyone else in that boat?

Yep.

I can’t remember being so apathetic about the club. I have zero motivation to attend any matches.

My interest has dwindled since Shez left in 2009 and I’ve struggled to go to more than 8 or so games a season since. Save for a big cup game I don’t see myself going any time soon. I’d like to say it’s because I’m boycotting because the ownership, but frankly, I just don’t care enough to give a shit, I don’t feel sad, or disappointed, at most I can muster a head shake when we throw away 2 goal leads and see that we’ve sacked another manager, but aside from this post, I probably won’t really pay any mind to any of this. I’ve not really given any attention to the off the field stuff regarding this fan led group, and the ongoing issues with the new stand, I have fuck all idea what’s going on, don’t know who is involved, what the proposals are, or any of it. All I know is what checking the results tell me, and what they tell me is that I’d be fucking stupid to entertain paying twenty odd quid to watch us on a Saturday afternoon.

Pretty much sums it up Livo...we have all seen too much shit for too long. AL is just the cherry on top of a very big cake! How anyone can take him seriously after this latest episode I don’t know. 

I feel sorry for Banide...just the latest human to be treated like shite by AL and Co. 

Archived