Dino Maamria - Departure Watch

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, League one forever said:

I’d just like someone who we could at least see the logic behind. 

Much like there seems to be move back to ‘british type’ player. I’d like to also stop making extremely left field managerial appointments. 

I don't think Dino was all that of a left field appointment, especially given his linguistic skills. 

Paul Hurst would be an update on paper, but football isn't played on paper. 

11 hours ago, wiseowl said:

I have the utmost respect for Paul Murray. Absolute class act when he was a player for us and such an intelligent footballer.

I like him as well. Shall we have him as the next manager for the next 3 months? No doubt as soon as results go against us we will be reminded that he’s “only a youth coach”, “he’s out of his depth”, “he’s terrible tactically”, “he doesn’t know what he’s doing!”

Then we can look for our next manager, probably another ex player ..... and so it continues. 😔

We have had no stability in the recent past, and we’ve sunk lower and lower. It’s not always the answer to keep

changing the manager. It’s the players that have needed changing.

12 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

I like him as well. Shall we have him as the next manager for the next 3 months? No doubt as soon as results go against us we will be reminded that he’s “only a youth coach”, “he’s out of his depth”, “he’s terrible tactically”, “he doesn’t know what he’s doing!”

Then we can look for our next manager, probably another ex player ..... and so it continues. 😔

We have had no stability in the recent past, and we’ve sunk lower and lower. It’s not always the answer to keep

Oh I`m in agreement with you. I`ve said many times that no manager at Latics will get any grief from me as long as they are working under the conditions they have to endure. I was merely pointing out that it's good to have someone like Murray on board.

12 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

We have been having a fairly good bash at that also. 

Its this constant chopping and changing which is making many become so detached with the game. 

Not since Lee Johnson have we had anything like a modicum of stability. He brought players in and gave them decent contracts, if they moved on we got fees for for them such as JCH and Korey Smith. Its a travesty that we failed to build on the position we were in when he left us  and the appointment of Darren Kelly was so far off the mark it was unreal. 

That was the one shining light over the last decade

Really enjoyed the Q & A last night with Dino, and John Dreyer. I think it’s time we had some positivity about the manager instead of this ridiculous thread. Some on here would change the manager every 3 or 4 months! That would get us nowhere. 👎

Give him 2 or 3 transfer windows to put his own team together and then see where we are with him. COYB ⚽⚽

9 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

I think it’s time we had some positivity about the manager instead of this ridiculous thread. 

The title of the thread, though somewhat ‘tongue-in-cheek’, is understandable given how long managers in general tend to stay in their role. And especially so given our recent record in retaining the top man.

It will also serve as a record of reaction to his tenure and the inevitable ups and downs that go hand in hand with Dino’s time at the club. There is definitely a lot more positivity around his management of the team at the moment - and it only took a couple of wins when playing half decent football.

Let’s hope that it continues. 

5 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

There is definitely a lot more positivity around his management of the team at the moment - and it only took a couple of wins when playing half decent football.

Let’s hope that it continues. 

As a frustrated observer from the sidelines nowadays, I suspect the acid test is this weekend. By all accounts, the Bradford camp was a very unhappy one and it may have been a somewhat freak result because their players were "making a statement". Ridiculous, I know, but it happens. A win at Crewe would be a very good result in our current circumstances and that might be the very first genuine tiny green shoots of spring, after a proverbial long, dismal Latics' winter.

I also have to say I have a constant smirk on my face over the "instant reactionist" world we now live in. Many of those who were basically saying "big arms couldn't manage the proverbial piss up in a brewery" are now lauding him. Quite unbelievable but we live in a world where so many people seem unable to assess things and make up their own minds. They are like human sheep and simply follow anything that anyone else says almost without question.

15 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

As a frustrated observer from the sidelines nowadays, I suspect the acid test is this weekend. By all accounts, the Bradford camp was a very unhappy one and it may have been a somewhat freak result because their players were "making a statement". Ridiculous, I know, but it happens. A win at Crewe would be a very good result in our current circumstances and that might be the very first genuine tiny green shoots of spring, after a proverbial long, dismal Latics' winter.

I also have to say I have a constant smirk on my face over the "instant reactionist" world we now live in. Many of those who were basically saying "big arms couldn't manage the proverbial piss up in a brewery" are now lauding him. Quite unbelievable but we live in a world where so many people seem unable to assess things and make up their own minds. They are like human sheep and simply follow anything that anyone else says almost without question.

He made a terrible team selection at Salford and was rightly slated for it. He made the changes the fans have been asking for in the last two games. The team played well and the fans are happy. I don't quite see where the sheep come into it. 

On 1/31/2020 at 10:24 AM, wiseowl said:

Oh I`m in agreement with you. I`ve said many times that no manager at Latics will get any grief from me as long as they are working under the conditions they have to endure. 

Why don’t you just tell it like it is/like you think it is? 

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Manager plays shit, defensive, wank football - fans unhappy

Manager goes into 2 consecutive games with a positive attacking outlook and tries to win so fans are happy with the 2 games

Fucking sheep

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

😂😂😂

How’s Corney doing these days? Give him my best. 

50 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Manager plays shit, defensive, wank football - fans unhappy

Manager goes into 2 consecutive games with a positive attacking outlook and tries to win so fans are happy with the 2 games

Fucking sheep

Is there a reason why we shouldn’t have been happy with the last 2 games? I really can’t see how that makes us sheep. More a case of giving credit where credits due I reckon.

22 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Is there a reason why we shouldn’t have been happy with the last 2 games? I really can’t see how that makes us sheep. More a case of giving credit where credits due I reckon.

Calling it as it is doesn't make anyone a sheep. He was rightly vilified for the shit product on the pitch, just as now he should be praised for changing it and getting the team to play as a unit. 

Archived