Dino Maamria - Departure Watch

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel the owner and his brother won't like the comments of Dino after the Accrington match, He spoke the truth, but with the quick turnover of managers by these two will Dino pay the price for speaking out in public?

If so there will be proper protests I'm sure against this regime  

The sporting Director won’t like his latest comments....Saturday could be his last game in charge or may be even sooner.

Like you say, if it happens, protests against  this regime will surely gather momentum!

54 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I feel the owner and his brother won't like the comments of Dino after the Accrington match, He spoke the truth, but with the quick turnover of managers by these two will Dino pay the price for speaking out in public?

If so there will be proper protests I'm sure against this regime  

25 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

The sporting Director won’t like his latest comments....Saturday could be his last game in charge or may be even sooner.

Like you say, if it happens, protests against  this regime will surely gather momentum!

In reality, protests are never going to happen, are they?

The tiny few who’ve tried seemed to be mocked by many and everyone else just doesn’t seem arsed..

Looks to me that it has already reached the stage where Dino has realised how bad things truly are, and doesn't give a toss whether he gets the axe or not... 

Hence he speaks out - to put the ball back in the owner's court.

If he gets the axe, his reputation is - if anything - enhanced as he wanted the club to succeed but was stifled by shambolic ownership. If he doesn't get sacked at least he's speaking out trying to change things.

21 minutes ago, JoeP said:

In reality, protests are never going to happen, are they?

The tiny few who’ve tried seemed to be mocked by many and everyone else just doesn’t seem arsed..

But if it happens the protest will be be from more fans not attending games as what little credibility they have will be lost. I've been going for 60 years and will certainly call a day.

25 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

But if it happens the protest will be be from more fans not attending games as what little credibility they have will be lost. I've been going for 60 years and will certainly call a day.

Unsure just not going is pro-active enough to be considered a protest. 

10,000 people seem to have been protesting since 1994. What's another 500/1000?

9 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Unsure just not going is pro-active enough to be considered a protest. 

10,000 people seem to have been protesting since 1994. What's another 500/1000?

The ever dwindling attendances answers that,  if it carries on with this axing managers policy it will be less than 2,000 next season.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The ever dwindling attendances answers that,  if it carries on with this axing managers policy it will be less than 2,000 next season.

And? The owners are too arrogant to think it's to do with them.

The message needs to be more direct, in my opinion. 

I hear what you're saying, but I don't think the attendances dropping to that level will really put the spotlight on the owners anymore than it is now.

I am glad he has said those things, at least he has something about him.
When Banide went, I was so close to ditching the club. If the dynamic duo get rid of Maamria, then that's it for me as well.

I have better things to waste my Saturday afternoon on.

I reckon Dino will be here for the lenght of his contract.. I love his ballsy approach , seems to know how to deal with Al and Mo, and maybe Dino is the guy to come in and say it as it is.. Maybe we have a coach in place with some backbone ...Al was tracking Dino whilst he was manager at Stevange.. Lets see what happens but i can sense a roller coaster of a ride ... bring it on.. 

5 minutes ago, Wardie said:

When Banide went, I was so close to ditching the club. If the dynamic duo get rid of Maamria, then that's it for me as well.

Dino came out publicly and said what the majority of fans have been saying on social media about the quality of Mos signings.. I reckon thats the kick up the arse these 2 have needed.. 

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

You might want to start planning alternative saturday leisure activities.

53 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Dino came out publicly and said what the majority of fans have been saying on social media about the quality of Mos signings.. I reckon thats the kick up the arse these 2 have needed.. 

I'd love to think that's the case but the owner is too much of a moron to listen to him. My big hope his him and his brother do a runner sooner rather than later which in the short term will likely leave us in a perilous situation.

Next summer might be the summer of hell 2 but the only chance this club has to go forward is with these too out the door.

The term 'Former Oldham Athletic owner Abdallah Lemsagam" has a nice ring to it.

4 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

Correct! Dino might not have said what AL and ML wanted to hear, but he’s certainly said what they needed to hear. He sounds like a proper manager who has very quickly seen the lack of quality in our squad. The recruitment of players on the whole has been absolutely abysmal. I hope he gets the opportunity and the time to bring his own players in and improve the quality of players in the squad. Time will tell. 

6 hours ago, League one forever said:

We have Wilson- who tries. . 

Ouch. 

He tried at Macc and was their top scorer two seasons running...

I agree with Dino generally in his interview, but we've got a proven goal-scorer at this level here.  If he's not doing it here, it's down to coaching/tactics.  I don't buy into the theory, that many others probably will, that he's just "shit"..

15 minutes ago, JoeP said:

He tried at Macc and was their top scorer two seasons running...

I agree with Dino generally in his interview, but we've got a proven goal-scorer at this level here.  If he's not doing it here, it's down to coaching/tactics.  I don't buy into the theory, that many others probably will, that he's just "shit"..

There is a 3rd option you know which is there isn’t another striker at the club capable of doing the job of his former strike partner at Macc. We were told he works better as part of a front 2. The other one isn’t here at the expense of 7 useless midfield players. 

1 minute ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

There is a 3rd option you know which is there isn’t another striker at the club capable of doing the job of his former strike partner at Macc. We were told he works better as part of a front 2. The other one isn’t here at the expense of 7 useless midfield players. 

Falls into "tactics", no?

If we don't have the personnel to accommodate him, it's our fault he's not scoring goals here, not his..

I dont think him pointing out the blatantly obvious makes him the next pep. Hes  simply deflecting (rightly) the blame from his door. Whilst taking no responsibility for tactics or results. He may pknow hes about to get the boot, I'm not sure it's the defining point in Al's reign that people are hoping for.

Archived