Accrington Stanley - EFL Trophy

No Segbe or De La Paz due to international call ups.

Will Dino start with some (or all) of the fringe players such as Stott, Sefil, Eagles, Smith-Brown, McHale, Adams, Wilson, Fage, Vera, Zabret?

Also - when will we see Williams and Swaby-Neavin get some game time?

I know that this is a tinpot trophy but still an opportunity to give a few a runout.

And as for the referee... Ben Toner. 🤭 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, youngen said:

Honestly, you must be the only person who cares

Let’s see how many turn up tonight (not many I’ll warrant) but they’ll care I reckon. 

And I’m sure there are others out there like me who see it as an opportunity to give the fringe players a look in 👀 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Let’s see how many turn up tonight (not many I’ll warrant) but they’ll care I reckon. 

And I’m sure there are others out there like me who see it as an opportunity to give the fringe players a look in 👀 

I wonder on how many other club's boards people feel they have to justify why they are going to watch the team.

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

No Segbe or De La Paz due to international call ups.

Will Dino start with some (or all) of the fringe players such as Stott, Sefil, Eagles, Smith-Brown, McHale, Adams, Wilson, Fage, Vera, Zabret?

Also - when will we see Williams and Swaby-Neavin get some game time?

I know that this is a tinpot trophy but still an opportunity to give a few a runout.

And as for the referee... Ben Toner. 🤭 

Hard to see any of these making even a footnote in the annals of OAFC history.

1 hour ago, Frankies6 said:

Im sure if we did manage to get to wembly in this tin pot competition, half of oldham would be there . 

I will, but until it happens I won’t be giving a flying fuck

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

We've got about 35 fringe players but sadly only about two actual first teamers. 

I honestly don't know what this team does on the training pitch during the week. Headless chickens, long aimless balls forward and a complete squad of strikers who look like they couldn't get on the ball in a Sunday pub league. Missilou for all his endeavour spends most of his time tackling on his arse. First eleven not good enough and neither it seems are the back up. They need players who can slow it down and keep possession when building up moves rather than losing it before 4 consecutive passes.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

When your getting battered at home off an Accrington team who've made 9 changes from Saturday 2 - 0 at half time playing with three quarters of your first team, bet some fuckers still clapped them off :applause1:

There was a fair bit of booing as they came off, but I don't know whether it was aimed at the team or the ref.

Archived