#ReclaimTheFaith

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Cheers!

Let’s get those numbers into the thousands 😀

It'll be a tough ask - the letter goes to the club on Wednesday (people can still sign up for updates after that, they just won't be adding their names to back the letter).

15 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Play≠ball. I was merely pointing out the reason supplied to me by a former club doctor who has provided medical cover at professional Rugby Union games too. But what would they know... 

Hopefully enough to know that play regularly moves > 70 yards in a matter of seconds in both RU and football, that there are 8 fewer players on the pitch in football, and that if one sport can handle in-play treatment, usually for more serious injuries, then no reason why football can't at least trial it 🙄

51 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Hopefully enough to know that play regularly moves > 70 yards in a matter of seconds in both RU and football, that there are 8 fewer players on the pitch in football, and that if one sport can handle in-play treatment, usually for more serious injuries, then no reason why football can't at least trial it 🙄

The big difference is that rugby players only stay down when they're actually injured. Would be a lot better if refs booked people for feigning injury to slow the game down or to get an opponent booked and then miraculously spring to their feet when achieving there objective. The bald headed midfielder on Saturday tried to con the ref a few times and was rightly ignored.

The thing that really annoys me is when defenders under pressure facing their own goal throw themselves to the ground to get a relieving free kick. Some refs are wise to this tactic, most aren't.

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

The big difference is that rugby players only stay down when they're actually injured. Would be a lot better if refs booked people for feigning injury to slow the game down or to get an opponent booked and then miraculously spring to their feet when achieving there objective. The bald headed midfielder on Saturday tried to con the ref a few times and was rightly ignored.

The thing that really annoys me is when defenders under pressure facing their own goal throw themselves to the ground to get a relieving free kick. Some refs are wise to this tactic, most aren't.

Generally they do, but not always as per Bloodgate and this 

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/feb/04/six-nations-review-head-injury-assessment-protocol-france-ireland

3 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

The thing that really annoys me is when defenders under pressure facing their own goal throw themselves to the ground to get a relieving free kick. 

It drives me mad that Peter Clarke isn't here getting away with it on a regular basis 

Push the Boundary need 5 more people to regsiter interest to have 500 supporters backing their initial open letter to AL tomorrow.

Of course, the 7th Dec Orient will the follow (it's not just a letter)

Any more on here want to register?

http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/

500 registers of interest is 22% of the Walsall home attendees and 17% of the Northampton attendees, excellent start in less than a week.

58 minutes ago, singe said:

Push the Boundary need 5 more people to regsiter interest to have 500 supporters backing their initial open letter to AL tomorrow.

500 registers of interest is 22% of the Walsall home attendees and 17% of the Northampton attendees, excellent start in less than a week.

Yes but.... A proportion of those signing will not have attended one or both of the matches. The percentage of the crowd that have registered is therefore lower.

Not knocking what you're doing but I suggest it may be unhelpful to use figures that can easily be unpicked.

1 minute ago, LaticsPete said:

Yes but.... A proportion of those signing will not have attended one or both of the matches. The percentage of the crowd that have registered is therefore lower.

Not knocking what you're doing but I suggest it may be unhelpful to use figures that can easily be unpicked.

I take your point. albeit people not attending the matches that are a main target audience.
I was partly giving a guage to the level of support so soon, and a reminder of how low the crowds have fallen.

24 minutes ago, singe said:

I take your point. albeit people not attending the matches that are a main target audience.
I was partly giving a guage to the level of support so soon, and a reminder of how low the crowds have fallen.

They certainly have. Only 2,921 Latics fans there last Saturday and that's scary.

Signed up to PTB straight away, even though I can't get to BP for anything meaningful, but I wish them all the success that is possible.

1 hour ago, singe said:

Done Singe

3 hours ago, singe said:

Done - do you think AL will cross reference names with season ticket holders and banish them? Haha just imagine!

28 minutes ago, Gawbie said:

Done - do you think AL will cross reference names with season ticket holders and banish them? Haha just imagine!

Well we are losing support and running out of money the last thing he needs is to erode the fan base even further. So yes that's absolutely the type of thing he'd do.

After abit of deliberating I've signed up.

4 hours ago, singe said:

Done. Great work.

Nothing but the upmost respect for the 4 lads who have got this off the ground. Please don't let Abdallah's sneering little shills, who can't seem to differentiate between the football club we all love and its majority shareholder, get you down. Keep fighting the good fight and very best of luck 💙

6 hours ago, Ryan said:

Nothing but the upmost respect for the 4 lads who have got this off the ground. Please don't let Abdallah's sneering little shills, who can't seem to differentiate between the football club we all love and its majority shareholder, get you down. Keep fighting the good fight and very best of luck 💙

Talking of shills, my confidence in the Trust is ebbing away faster than a Boundary Park attendance figures.

Return the scarf.*

http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/return-the-scarf-12-11-2019

I read on the PTB Website that there is an initiative to return the ‘free’ scarf that all season ticket holders received last season. A ‘symbolic’ gesture but a decent idea in my opinion. 

If this is to be a coordinated protest, there are, as yet, no suggestions as to how and when.

Maybe attach to railings outside the ground or a coordinated launch of the scarves onto the pitch at a designated minute during the Orient game? 

As with most protests of this type it will only have impact if there are significant numbers who join in.

(*) not to be confused with a twitter campaign started by Man City fans about a scarf of huge sentimental value stolen from a van.

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Return the scarf.*

http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/return-the-scarf-12-11-2019

I read on the PTB Website that there is an initiative to return the ‘free’ scarf that all season ticket holders received last season. A ‘symbolic’ gesture but a decent idea in my opinion. 

If this is to be a coordinated protest, there are, as yet, no suggestions as to how and when.

Maybe attach to railings outside the ground or a coordinated launch of the scarves onto the pitch at a designated minute during the Orient game? 

As with most protests of this type it will only have impact if there are significant numbers who join in.

Agree that the symbolic gesture should be part and parcel of the Orient protest. Mind you, I will be wearing mine at Fleetwood tonight as it's a cold wind off the Irish Sea #ficklebarsteward 😜

Archived