#ReclaimTheFaith

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

So the Club have responded to PTB and basically told them they can only the FD and MD, and that Abdallah nor the board are interested in meeting unless it’s at another Fans Forum.

http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/clubs-response-to-letter

The club offer for PTB to meet with the FD and the MD and it was turned down? Why? An opportunity wasted I think. 🤔 

20 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

The club offer for PTB to meet with the FD and the MD and it was turned down? Why? An opportunity wasted I think. 🤔 

Why so they can sit there and listen to the FD and MD repeatedly fail to answer questions and claim they would have to ask the owner? Its AL who should be facing their questions and yet again he has shown the contempt he holds for the supporters 

19 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

....they've explained that, because the offer came with conditions (that were unacceptable) and they wanted Abdallah present (and he refused)..... but it doesn't come as any surprise to me that you would take this view.

29 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I am fully behind this rejection. The offer of a meeting would have 'snookered' the PTB lads and what they are trying to achieve. We have had full and open dialogue with these chaps so far and as evidenced with their actions here and swift communication. 

The FD and MD are NOT the decision makers, a meeting with them would NOT have been beneficial and the request that it is kept secret is devious and NOT in the spirit of how PTB are clearly looking operate. 

Bravo fellas, keep on. this is not a quick fix, there will be critics and nobody has the answers however the disconnect with the club for a lot of fans is very real and further evidenced by the owners reluctance to engage with a body of concern for our future. 

Results may not be instant but their actions needed a starting point and will no doubt be incremental. I implore fans to back them wholeheartedly no matter how futile initial actions may seem to the individual, fans can effect change as this is OUR club. There are many ways which to skin a cat and this is the beginning. 

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

2 hours ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Why so they can sit there and listen to the FD and MD repeatedly fail to answer questions and claim they would have to ask the owner? Its AL who should be facing their questions and yet again he has shown the contempt he holds for the supporters 

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

....they've explained that, because the offer came with conditions (that were unacceptable) and they wanted Abdallah present (and he refused)..... but it doesn't come as any surprise to me that you would take this view.

2 hours ago, Haribo_man said:

I am fully behind this rejection. The offer of a meeting would have 'snookered' the PTB lads and what they are trying to achieve. We have had full and open dialogue with these chaps so far and as evidenced with their actions here and swift communication. 

The FD and MD are NOT the decision makers, a meeting with them would NOT have been beneficial and the request that it is kept secret is devious and NOT in the spirit of how PTB are clearly looking operate. 

Bravo fellas, keep on. this is not a quick fix, there will be critics and nobody has the answers however the disconnect with the club for a lot of fans is very real and further evidenced by the owners reluctance to engage with a body of concern for our future. 

Results may not be instant but their actions needed a starting point and will no doubt be incremental. I implore fans to back them wholeheartedly no matter how futile initial actions may seem to the individual, fans can effect change as this is OUR club. There are many ways which to skin a cat and this is the beginning. 

I stand by my original comment. 

So... the MD and FD will ‘repeatedly fail to answer questions and claim they would have to ask the owner’ says  @OAFC_ULTRA - is that an OWTB FACT or did you just make that up to support your viewpoint?

The only condition that I read about is that PTB were asked not to divulge the date of the meeting prior to it taking place - hardly onerous is it @lookersstandandy ? The meeting was offered in response to the letter sent to the club demanding answers.

If the CEO chooses to send the MD and the FD as his representatives at the meeting then as long as they are authorised to respond to the questions on his behalf that would be a good start. They have the questions already so they can come prepared.

@Haribo_man you state that ‘ a meeting with them would NOT have been beneficial’ - and you know that for certain how exactly?

You then go on to state ‘Results may not be instant but their actions needed a starting point’. Surely this meeting would have been a good starting point? 

I fully support the aims and purpose behind PTB but I still feel that this is a missed opportunity.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

I stand by my original comment. 

So... the MD and FD will ‘repeatedly fail to answer questions and claim they would have to ask the owner’ says  @OAFC_ULTRA - is that an OWTB FACT or did you just make that up to support your viewpoint?

The only condition that I read about is that PTB were asked not to divulge the date of the meeting prior to it taking place - hardly onerous is it @lookersstandandy ? The meeting was offered in response to the letter sent to the club demanding answers.

If the CEO chooses to send the MD and the FD as his representatives at the meeting then as long as they are authorised to respond to the questions on his behalf that would be a good start. They have the questions already so they can come prepared.

@Haribo_man you state that ‘ a meeting with them would NOT have been beneficial’ - and you know that for certain how exactly?

You then go on to state ‘Results may not be instant but their actions needed a starting point’. Surely this meeting would have been a good starting point? 

I fully support the aims and purpose behind PTB but I still feel that this is a missed opportunity.

We didn't want to meet with the club and hide it from the fans. Regardless of whether we could discuss it afterwards (what's behind the request, what do they have to hide/benefit?), we felt this was strange and we weren't willing to keep things secret. We've had enough of secrecy and being kept in the dark and we want to operate with integrity.

58 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

We didn't want to meet with the club and hide it from the fans. Regardless of whether we could discuss it afterwards (what's behind the request, what do they have to hide/benefit?), we felt this was strange and we weren't willing to keep things secret. We've had enough of secrecy and being kept in the dark and we want to operate with integrity.

Meeting with the FD and MD in secret, with an expectation a non-disclosure contract was signed at the start of the meeting is something the Trust could do. Hey, they might have already done so.

Good for you, PTB. Good for not settling / being fobbed off, not compromising yourselves and your aims, and not being pushed around. 

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

:applause1:
To be compromised on the first move would have meant a mountain to climb in credibility.

@TheBigDog My comment is whats know as an opinion. It is clearly an opinion as it is about an event that hasn’t taken place and therefore can not be fact. The opinion I have is based on life experience and assessment of events that have gone before. If you need any further help with simple comments and opinions, then just ask any of us grown ups and we will be more than willing to help :)

11 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Return the scarf.*

http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/return-the-scarf-12-11-2019

I read on the PTB Website that there is an initiative to return the ‘free’ scarf that all season ticket holders received last season. A ‘symbolic’ gesture but a decent idea in my opinion. 

If this is to be a coordinated protest, there are, as yet, no suggestions as to how and when.

Maybe attach to railings outside the ground or a coordinated launch of the scarves onto the pitch at a designated minute during the Orient game? 

As with most protests of this type it will only have impact if there are significant numbers who join in.

(*) not to be confused with a twitter campaign started by Man City fans about a scarf of huge sentimental value stolen from a van.

A good symbolic gesture, however my scarf went into the bin last year when the extent of our problems became apparent

2 hours ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

@TheBigDog My comment is whats know as an opinion. It is clearly an opinion as it is about an event that hasn’t taken place and therefore can not be fact. The opinion I have is based on life experience and assessment of events that have gone before. If you need any further help with simple comments and opinions, then just ask any of us grown ups and we will be more than willing to help :)

You are passing an opinion on ‘an event that hasn’t taken place’ yet you make statements that suggest the two senior club officials will repeatedly fail to answer questions or will have to ‘ask the owner’. 

If that’s an opinion that is based on life experience then you need to get out more... 😉

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

99% want a new owner. Need to find one

I agree with the statement but also feel that 99% would want one who is willing to engage,  heed constructive criticism and demonstrate positive actions on the back of that. Lets not immediately think PTB are looking to oust the current custodian but to get them to operate in a appreciable manner

6 hours ago, Haribo_man said:

I agree with the statement but also feel that 99% would want one who is willing to engage,  heed constructive criticism and demonstrate positive actions on the back of that. Lets not immediately think PTB are looking to oust the current custodian but to get them to operate in a appreciable manner

They think they are doing a good job though. When you are operating with that level of delusion the chances of them being open to change don't seem high.

56 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

They think they are doing a good job though. When you are operating with that level of delusion the chances of them being open to change don't seem high.

I can't disagree hence the reason why after 10+ years of being a season ticket holder I simply could not bring myself to give any money to the current owner. 

At least with PTB we have a group who are willing to give up significant chunks of their free time to lobby on behalf of the fans and who have so far shown that they wish to act respectfully and with integrity which will gain them a good deal of credibility. Sadly, this cannot be said about the club currently. 

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

I don't think they do.

They just don't care or feel the same level of embarrassment about lying and being caught in a lie that most of us would. 

13 hours ago, deyres42 said:

No more questions, no more meetings.

The Lemsagams aren't changing their ways so the fanbase needs to decide what they want.

Actually, when you get chance to see through all the fog, this is spot on.

54 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Sinnott was cryptically suggesting the other day that as well as us being in Admin by New Year should we have lost to Gateshead, that Al might not be around to bankroll us for much longer...

Here's hoping

3 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

He has since elaborated further and suggested it could be sooner than we think...

edit: just clicked you could be ric metty (as I sent you a DM on Twitter 😂

How very dare you!

(I'm his brother)

Archived