Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you support AL, explain this to me:   After carrying out extensive due diligence and taking quite some time to go from interested party to owner, he's then spent £5m (as per his own state

I've replied the following to that email:   Thank you for your email.  Unfortunately, I will not be renewing my season ticket until the situation with the Joe Royle Stand is sorted.  I feel

I am fully behind this rejection. The offer of a meeting would have 'snookered' the PTB lads and what they are trying to achieve. We have had full and open dialogue with these chaps so far and as evid

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Information - I see that Leyton Orient have sacked their manager, Carl Fletcher, after 29 days in charge. They have reverted back to the caretaker Ross Embleton.

 

Yes they have. Strange one throughout really. One that Leyton Orient have described as a "mishap that they don't want to see happen again"

 

From talking to them, they have given their thoughts to the current owner and advised them that they can't return to the days of 10 managers in 3 years like they did under Becchetti. Let's hope their owner listens, for their sake. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ooooh Roger Palmer said:

Well done to the 4 lads that have set this up. You’ve done a smashing job.

unfortunately I’m in Australia, but I’ve informed my dad (who doesn’t use the internet 😯) and his mate and they’re joining in on the 7th. 

 

Agree 100% - just what we need as a fanbase - a dream maybe but surely worthy of support

 

Why would anyone not want to see the club function as a proper community club that knew its place and its importance to those who followed it - usually 4th in the pecking order in Greater Manchester after the big 2 and Wanderers.... would love to reclaim that spot but more important to reclaim our own identity      

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Fans survey results are out! Have a read,  thank you to everyone who got involved, All feedback welcome via the website or info@pushtheboundary.co.uk 
 

http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/survey-results-17-11-2019

 

Hugely significant survey.

 

Excellent presentation of the results - Well done to all involved in pulling this together. 

 

Maybe now Abdallah will provide a full response...🤔 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s very well put together, and I really hope it’s something that gains more momentum. 
 

But. 
 

If you were Abdallah why on earth would you engage with this? I’m not surprised in the least he doesn’t want to talk. The whole thing from his point of view reads, ‘Not arsed what you have invested,  because you’re doing everything wrong; look at all these stats to prove how useless you are. You need to completely change everything you’re doing and we might come back.’ What millionaire egomaniac listens to that?? 
 

The reality is we are well past the point of talking to him. The disconnect is to far gone now. Better to keep mobilising, and I think the alignment with the trust and the FLG is a good call.  Then when it goes complete tits up, we have things like the survey to really understand what we want as fans in a post AL future. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It’s very well put together, and I really hope it’s something that gains more momentum. 
 

But. 
 

If you were Abdallah why on earth would you engage with this? I’m not surprised in the least he doesn’t want to talk. The whole thing from his point of view reads, ‘Not arsed what you have invested,  because you’re doing everything wrong; look at all these stats to prove how useless you are. You need to completely change everything you’re doing and we might come back.’ What millionaire egomaniac listens to that?? 
 

The reality is we are well past the point of talking to him. The disconnect is to far gone now. Better to keep mobilising, and I think the alignment with the trust and the FLG is a good call.  Then when it goes complete tits up, we have things like the survey to really understand what we want as fans in a post AL future. 

 

I do think it is something that the club should have done off their own backs given falling attendances, general unrest etc. however AL and his cronies are in complete denial of any mismanagement (no matter how well intended or otherwise) on their part. The PTB sharing their findings with the club is an attempt to provide the fans (both those who still attend and those who don't) opinions in a factual and non-accusatory way.

 

I do agree that its at the point of no return with AL but this appears to be a last ditch attempt to give him the opportunity of at least understanding supporters' concerns.     

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a very well presented synopsis of the survey. Nice to see such a professional approach and presentation.

 

If only our football club had anywhere near the same level of professionalism...........

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

 

I do think it is something that the club should have done off their own backs given falling attendances, general unrest etc. however AL and his cronies are in complete denial of any mismanagement (no matter how well intended or otherwise) on their part. The PTB sharing their findings with the club is an attempt to provide the fans (both those who still attend and those who don't) opinions in a factual and non-accusatory way.

 

I do agree that its at the point of no return with AL but this appears to be a last ditch attempt to give him the opportunity of at least understanding supporters' concerns.     

After the fans forum he should be in no doubt as to what the issues are. This survey will show him the problems in numbers, which he may take notice of. It's a very good presentation of the facts. If he continues in the manner he is, it will become unviable as a business in the EFL. If he cares about that then it's obvious what he has to do. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

 

I do think it is something that the club should have done off their own backs given falling attendances, general unrest etc.

 

 

You're having a laugh, right? I've been a ST holder for years. Didn't renew this year. Heard anything from the club asking me why? Sending me reminders to renew? Trying to tempt me to come along to matches? Nope, fuck all. Standard. They're incompetent.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

 

You're having a laugh, right? I've been a ST holder for years. Didn't renew this year. Heard anything from the club asking me why? Sending me reminders to renew? Trying to tempt me to come along to matches? Nope, fuck all. Standard. They're incompetent.

 

It what I would expect of a competent business trying to identify why it is losing customers. I agree that they are not competent - complacent yes  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

 

You're having a laugh, right? I've been a ST holder for years. Didn't renew this year. Heard anything from the club asking me why? Sending me reminders to renew? Trying to tempt me to come along to matches? Nope, fuck all. Standard. They're incompetent.

 

To be fair (!) it has been that way for years.  I'm not a season ticket holder but buy enough tickets to be in the database.  Nothing.  Ever.  So easy to fix and not at all expensive.   

Exactly the sort of thing that any competent businessman should have spotted was an issue under the previous regime and acted to fix.

Edited by Dave_Og
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be my first action if I was losing customers hand-over-fist, go back to my information and see who appears not to have renewed and contact them to find out why - not difficult assuming the club has a database - not 100% sure we are probably that organised mind  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

 

I do think it is something that the club should have done off their own backs given falling attendances, general unrest etc. however AL and his cronies are in complete denial of any mismanagement (no matter how well intended or otherwise) on their part. The PTB sharing their findings with the club is an attempt to provide the fans (both those who still attend and those who don't) opinions in a factual and non-accusatory way.

 

I do agree that its at the point of no return with AL but this appears to be a last ditch attempt to give him the opportunity of at least understanding supporters' concerns.     

Indeed the last club initiated satisfaction survey I remember, although there may have been some since, was the one where there were strangely a load of requests for the home end to be moved to the RRE. 

 

There are 3 fans on the board, Detective Shitpeas, Darren from the Trust and Richard the 'fans rep'. I'd like to think Darren and Richard at least give AL some realistic views of fans' opinions. But whether the Lemsagams listen is another matter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

 

You're having a laugh, right? I've been a ST holder for years. Didn't renew this year. Heard anything from the club asking me why? Sending me reminders to renew? Trying to tempt me to come along to matches? Nope, fuck all. Standard. They're incompetent.

Correct. In exactly the same boat as you and fully expected a "sales push" at some point, via email, to tempt me with a reduced price "half season ticket" (for example). Not heard a thing - ever. Unbelievable really from a business losing previously loyal customers hand over fist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Indeed the last club initiated satisfaction survey I remember, although there may have been some since, was the one where there were strangely a load of requests for the home end to be moved to the RRE. 

 

There are 3 fans on the board, Detective Shitpeas, Darren from the Trust and Richard the 'fans rep'. I'd like to think Darren and Richard at least give AL some realistic views of fans' opinions. But whether the Lemsagams listen is another matter. 

I think we know where BO sits and Darren appears to have been sucked in as usually happens with the Trust rep.The Richard appointment that is a bit of a mystery to me, although he did appear to be one of the more coherent Board members at the " fans forum".

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

I think we know where BO sits and Darren appears to have been sucked in as usually happens with the Trust rep.The Richard appointment that is a bit of a mystery to me, although he did appear to be one of the more coherent Board members at the " fans forum".

Does anyone know Richard?

 

At the Fans Forum, many of us were asking who he was.....I would have expected that someone from amongst those present who I know would have known him, at least by sight if not necessarily by name.

 

I have certainly no recollection of ever coming across Richard at home or away games throughout my time watching them although obviously he could be a regular attender, just someone who maybe I haven't come across        

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Does anyone know Richard?

 

At the Fans Forum, many of us were asking who he was.....I would have expected that someone from amongst those present who I know would have known him, at least by sight if not necessarily by name.

 

I have certainly no recollection of ever coming across Richard at home or away games throughout my time watching them although obviously he could be a regular attender, just someone who maybe I haven't come across        

Maybe he’s a stooge ? If I come across him I won’t be asking him as I’ve not been pulling up plants recently. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Correct. In exactly the same boat as you and fully expected a "sales push" at some point, via email, to tempt me with a reduced price "half season ticket" (for example). Not heard a thing - ever. Unbelievable really from a business losing previously loyal customers hand over fist.

I can only assume it is because they genuinely don’t care. The same as the club have clearly started some sort of b grade media assault on Twitter: seemingly scooping up old accounts and starting new ones with pro AL rhetoric. The fact that these patsies are mocking the size of the last protest tells you all you need to know about their attitude towards the dissatisfaction fans are feeling. I hope it backfires and it inspires more to go and make some noise on the 7th.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Does anyone know Richard?

 

At the Fans Forum, many of us were asking who he was.....I would have expected that someone from amongst those present who I know would have known him, at least by sight if not necessarily by name.

 

I have certainly no recollection of ever coming across Richard at home or away games throughout my time watching them although obviously he could be a regular attender, just someone who maybe I haven't come across        

Think the same myself, since his appointment there has been no activity that would suggest that he is the fan on the board. Why wasn't he put forward to meet" push the boundary"? He may have had a bit more empathy with our concerns, if he really is a fan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

 

You're having a laugh, right? I've been a ST holder for years. Didn't renew this year. Heard anything from the club asking me why? Sending me reminders to renew? Trying to tempt me to come along to matches? Nope, fuck all. Standard. They're incompetent.

This is bang on. My local team is Bromley - they do marketing 100 times better than Latics. Saw a tweet about the B Rovers game selling out fast, within a minute I had bought a ticket via Eventbrite and had it on my phone ready

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...