#ReclaimTheFaith

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Evening all. Please visit Pushtheboundary.co.uk/update-meeting… to read a short statement from us relating to a meeting we have arranged with the FLG. Please submit any questions you may have via twitter or email and we will get through as much as we can and report back fully to you all

Morning adamoafc

Have tabled 3 fairly obvious questions via twitter

Appreciate you're likely to be well busy sorting questions out but will you be confirming receipt of supporter questions

Good luck

37 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Morning adamoafc

Appreciate you're likely to be well busy sorting questions out but will you be confirming receipt of supporter questions

Good luck

Morning! 

Yes all should be responded to, will make sure this is checked before the cut off. Maybe just a like or retweet but you will get a response 👍

26 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Morning! 

Yes all should be responded to, will make sure this is checked before the cut off. Maybe just a like or retweet but you will get a response 👍

Receipt confirmed on Twitter

Thanks

13 hours ago, tGWB said:

Morning adamoafc

Good luck

Just let them get on with it. There is a group of people here who appear to be making positive moves in an appropriate and positive manner, asking them to acknowledge and engage with every twitter message and message board post isn't constructive. 

18 hours ago, tGWB said:

Morning adamoafc

Good luck

Bloody bell, why do they need to confirm they have received the questions. Just let them crack on with it they all probably have jobs, family and hardly any spare time as i/ it.

10 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Just let them get on with it. There is a group of people here who appear to be making positive moves in an appropriate and positive manner, asking them to acknowledge and engage with every twitter message and message board post isn't constructive. 

5 hours ago, Lukers1 said:

Bloody bell, why do they need to confirm they have received the questions. Just let them crack on with it they all probably have jobs, family and hardly any spare time as i/ it.

Every single time I have engaged with both Trust Oldham and more recently Push the Boundary on Twitter,  a Forum or by email, I have always had a response and without exception found them to be helpful, informative and polite

You might think about trying it yourselves sometime 

31 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Every single time I have engaged with both Trust Oldham and more recently Push the Boundary on Twitter,  a Forum or by email, I have always had a response and without exception found them to be helpful, informative and polite

There's nothing impolite about my response. Just a question; there were something like 700 people who put their name to the letter from memory. If, say, 25% of them submitted a question would sending 175 acknowledgements of receipt be the best use of time? 

Got my doubts. 

Really looking forward to reading about the FLG meeting with PTB. 

This is really great stuff from PTB - they are now in the realms of journalism in getting face to face meetings and reporting back to us. 

I won’t be able to be at the protest, but me and my young sons have something planned that we’ll forward to PTB to show our appreciation and support for what they are achieving. 

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

Do you think that replying to potentially 700 questions is productive?. Stop with the self indulgence and let them work away without hinderance.

4 hours ago, Lukers1 said:

Do you think that replying to potentially 700 questions is productive?. Stop with the self indulgence and let them work away without hinderance.

For goodness sake fella 🤦‍♂️

You’ve made your point, let it go 

21 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Following on from our meeting with the FLG last night, please visit http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/fan-led-group-meeting-26-11-2019 to read the full interview. Thanks to everyone who submitted questions. As always, if you have any feedback or require clarity on anything, please contact us and we will follow up 👍

Thanks for that.

44 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Following on from our meeting with the FLG last night, please visit http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/fan-led-group-meeting-26-11-2019 to read the full interview. Thanks to everyone who submitted questions. As always, if you have any feedback or require clarity on anything, please contact us and we will follow up 👍

Outstanding job lads.  If that's accurate about the SLA then that's a whole new level of incompetence.  That bar just keeps on being raised.

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

Do you not need 3 months to get the notes signed off before giving us this information?

All joking aside, fair play lads. Straight forward questions, straightforward answers.

Still want to know who these in the background are though and always curious to know the purchase price of the ground. (Yep I know we'll never know especially on the second part) more to see what the deal to buy it was that AL decided it wasn't worth it

48 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Do you not need 3 months to get the notes signed off before giving us this information?

All joking aside, fair play lads. Straight forward questions, straightforward answers.

Still want to know who these in the background are though and always curious to know the purchase price of the ground. (Yep I know we'll never know especially on the second part) more to see what the deal to buy it was that AL decided it wasn't worth it

Don't the trust have some arrangement whereby if someone bids for the ground the Trust have 6 months to match that bid? 

So we will know how much the ground is worth? 

It’s amazing that 4 volunteers who also have day jobs themselves have found the time and urgency to provide the fan base with so much information in a matter of days/weeks.

Yet seemingly whenever the Trust go searching for answers we have to wait 3/6 months for a simple update.

9 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Don't the trust have some arrangement whereby if someone bids for the ground the Trust have 6 months to match that bid? 

They wouldn't tell us the amount though. Probably take 18 months to let us know it had been triggered

1 hour ago, sjk2008 said:

It’s amazing that 4 volunteers who also have day jobs themselves have found the time and urgency to provide the fan base with so much information in a matter of days/weeks.

Yet seemingly whenever the Trust go searching for answers we have to wait 3/6 months for a simple update.

Quite.

To offer a bit of defence to the trust here, they’re an official body who have processes to follow when it comes to meetings, minutes being signed off etc. PTB are an unofficial organisation who don’t have the same constraints. 

That said, what PTB have done so far is fantastic and is much needed action. So they absolutely have my support from afar. 

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

To offer a bit of defence to the trust here, they’re an official body who have processes to follow when it comes to meetings, minutes being signed off etc. PTB are an unofficial organisation who don’t have the same constraints. 

That said, what PTB have done so far is fantastic and is much needed action. So they absolutely have my support from afar. 

It is a Trust issue and we get it,  the process and that the Trust has to go through as a company, can constrain us. Although in last week's update, we did get October;'s notes published and an overview on November's meeting/December target setting.

As mentioned, the beauty of the PTB is they are less constrained with no NDO's signed so they do have that freedom. However, a legal entitlement and NDO's are also useful insights as well.

In my mind the fans now have the best of both worlds with both trying to effect change for best for our club. PTB pushing from the outside, Trust pushing from the inside.

Of course as fans we do move in each others circles so, there should be no akwardness when we can arrange met and get around a table in the near future.

9 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Almost....

ACV is registered and maintained by OMBC and still remains the only one in the Borough...yes it took 18 months of work to get that through. It is valid for  five years when you have to go through the process again, it is approaching its 3rd year in March.

Recently, Trust have met the council and that was traumatic in its own right, trying to find the right people and department as things changed form 2017. It took me three weeks of some very not so happy emails sent to find someone who had an inklin of what and ACV was and why I was contacting them...grrrrr and breath.

Anyways, we went in to update the Trust contact info, to request historic information with regards to planning permission  (now lapsed) but a section 106 via Sport England on the loss of Clayton sports hall (which happened and compensation given) and proposed loss of Little wembly with compensation suggested at the time in 2009.

As we all know, it is proposed in the future that little wembly may be developed in the future so we needed to get our facts right with regards to the historic stuff and future impact.

How  the ACV iworks is the landlord notifies the council and they then notify us. This is the 6 month notification period, however we have to acknowledge and notify the council within the first 6 weeks of that trigger what our intentions are, this would of course include consultations with various parties and fans. If a bid is then decided upon, there is no gaurantee it would be accepted, but we allowed to place one if that is what we decide.

It's sort of a peace of mind that you don't walk down sheepfoot lane seeing for sale/sold, or demolition is happening....the shock of how this came about so to speak. 

Hope this explains it

Cheers

12 hours ago, adamoafc said:

So more "porky pies" seem to have been uncovered from the statements given by club officials at the Fan's forum.  

There does seem that good few were told on the day.  The ones that worry me are those where we find the club really has not paid its bills.

Still owe the OEC, still owe the landlord, still owe St John's ambulance etc.  Do we think they have paid the Tax man or just arranged a payment plan?

Archived