#ReclaimTheFaith

While you are about Underdog,  could you explain to us why we have not heard from the Trust regarding the share issue.  It would seem from reports that the Trust has been offered a large number of shares, yet no mention in updates.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Following on from our meeting with the FLG last night, please visit http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/fan-led-group-meeting-26-11-2019 to read the full interview. Thanks to everyone who submitted questions. As always, if you have any feedback or require clarity on anything, please contact us and we will follow up 👍

Awesome job Adam and team! 

For us exiles who find it difficult to keep up to date on all things Latics due to our location, this is exactly what is required. 

I support both the Trust and PTB, as both have the best interests of our club at heart, they just work in different ways and in a different environment. 

I don't get those who criticise the Trust constantly and moan about the lack of information, as I'm sure they do what they can under the constraints they are under. 

Surely by both working in tandem, and having the same overall goal of helping secure the clubs future, if we give our support to both we are a stronger and more effective fan base. 

So let's stop the sniping and points scoring shit and see if we can force this 🤡 out as soon as possible. 

On 11/26/2019 at 9:11 AM, Nohairdontcare said:

Really looking forward to reading about the FLG meeting with PTB. 

This is really great stuff from PTB - they are now in the realms of journalism in getting face to face meetings and reporting back to us. 

13 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Following on from our meeting with the FLG last night, please visit http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/fan-led-group-meeting-26-11-2019 to read the full interview. Thanks to everyone who submitted questions. As always, if you have any feedback or require clarity on anything, please contact us and we will follow up 👍

Well done to PTB for getting the interview out into the public domain so quickly.

Interesting to read that FLG did have a face to face meeting with the FD and the MD way back in October. 

Question for Adam: The response to the question as to how the ground purchase would be funded ruled out option c).

-  did it also rule out option b)? See below:

You’ve said you’ve agreed in principle a price to buy the footprint of BP from Blitz/Gazal, is this

a) Completely funded by members of the FLG?

b) Part funded by a loan/mortgage that will require repayment inc interest?

c) Funded only if money can be raised from the wider fan base?

PTB have seen proof of funds (shown to us on the evening by the FLG) that would allow the purchase to be completed without any contribution from the wider fanbase.

49 minutes ago, Pidge said:

While you are about Underdog,  could you explain to us why we have not heard from the Trust regarding the share issue.  It would seem from reports that the Trust has been offered a large number of shares, yet no mention in updates.

I think I can safely conclude that you've got the wrong end of the stick there. 

3 hours ago, Pidge said:

I am sure it is mentioned in last Friday's update. Let me check

Yep found it, it was posted in the Trust pinned thread above. CHeers

https://trustoldham.co.uk/november-review/

10 hours ago, underdog said:

It is a Trust issue and we get it,  the process and that the Trust has to go through as a company, can constrain us. Although in last week's update, we did get October;'s notes published and an overview on November's meeting/December target setting.

As mentioned, the beauty of the PTB is they are less constrained with no NDO's signed so they do have that freedom. However, a legal entitlement and NDO's are also useful insights as well.

In my mind the fans now have the best of both worlds with both trying to effect change for best for our club. PTB pushing from the outside, Trust pushing from the inside.

Of course as fans we do move in each others circles so, there should be no akwardness when we can arrange met and get around a table in the near future.

Almost....

ACV is registered and maintained by OMBC and still remains the only one in the Borough...yes it took 18 months of work to get that through. It is valid for  five years when you have to go through the process again, it is approaching its 3rd year in March.

Recently, Trust have met the council and that was traumatic in its own right, trying to find the right people and department as things changed form 2017. It took me three weeks of some very not so happy emails sent to find someone who had an inklin of what and ACV was and why I was contacting them...grrrrr and breath.

Anyways, we went in to update the Trust contact info, to request historic information with regards to planning permission  (now lapsed) but a section 106 via Sport England on the loss of Clayton sports hall (which happened and compensation given) and proposed loss of Little wembly with compensation suggested at the time in 2009.

As we all know, it is proposed in the future that little wembly may be developed in the future so we needed to get our facts right with regards to the historic stuff and future impact.

How  the ACV iworks is the landlord notifies the council and they then notify us. This is the 6 month notification period, however we have to acknowledge and notify the council within the first 6 weeks of that trigger what our intentions are, this would of course include consultations with various parties and fans. If a bid is then decided upon, there is no gaurantee it would be accepted, but we allowed to place one if that is what we decide.

It's sort of a peace of mind that you don't walk down sheepfoot lane seeing for sale/sold, or demolition is happening....the shock of how this came about so to speak. 

Hope this explains it

Cheers

Is it true the trust dont agree with Darren's finding that the books are all rosy?

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Is it true the trust dont agree with Darren's finding that the books are all rosy?

I wouldn't quite say rosy. Even Darren admit in August he was not an expert in accounts and would welcome Philipa's critical eye as a retired accountant and he did arrange to get her in during October

Sometimes its that experience of how to question that data and to know what to look for to get under the skin if it all, never mind legal laws of what should be shown as well. 

Upto our last meeting I have no idea of what the FRS 102 schedule 1a was ( i bet Dave Og does) , nor what the 3 rules are for a small company exemption is...luckily we have people who do, that are Trust directors and organisations now like the FSA and EFL that are listening to our views as shareholders as well.

So on the night, we listened to the opinions of three directors in particular. Darren, Philippa and Jason. Additionally, we had feedback from the FSA on what they saw published at Companies house and the overall concensus was that more info should be requested.

Therefore, As per last weeks brief. We will be asking the club for additional info on 2017/18 accounts as in our opinion, they are non-compliant, and currently, we do not accept them.

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

Upto our last meeting I have no idea of what the FRS 102 section 1a was ( i bet Dave Og does) 

You're confusing me with an accountant. My job is for people who find accountancy all a bit too exciting. 

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

You're confusing me with an accountant. My job is for people who find accountancy all a bit too exciting. 

hmmm but do you know what this form is? or the 3 rules for small company exemptions....come on now I am biggin you up a bit here...heheh

And  I am quoting it wrong FRS 102 schedule 1a.....Philippa would shoot me for getting it wrong, and that is no lie, she is army trained and can handle a rifle

40 minutes ago, underdog said:

hmmm but do you know what this form is? or the 3 rules for small company exemptions....come on now I am biggin you up a bit here...heheh

And  I am quoting it wrong FRS 102 schedule 1a.....Philippa would shoot me for getting it wrong, and that is no lie, she is army trained and can handle a rifle

No that really is accountancy, not my bag. 

5 hours ago, underdog said:

Pages 8-44 on this link. Dave is right about accountants 😉

https://www.frc.org.uk/getattachment/69f7d814-c806-4ccc-b451-aba50d6e8de2/FRS-102-FRS-applicable-in-the-UK-and-Republic-of-Ireland-(March-2018).pdf 

5 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

Cheers....its quite detailed what is expected from an accountancy view.

Now i know why company directors in the main hire accountancy people and to some degree, understand Darren's overview in comparison to Phillippa's with regards to level of detail.

Philippa was in for a couple of hours at the club and still did not complete the review of the 2017/18 accounts. That's a level of effort in its own right.

when we then compared them against the Trust shareholder's entitlement and level of detail we legally expect to have. We agreed they fell short and we do not accept them. More info is required and will be requesting them from the club

Its critical to get it right and getting it right from year one of the owners tenure. Additionally, setting our expectations high with the club on their understanding of what the Trust legal entitlement is as shareholders and to have that info on behalf of fans.

We will be proposing a code of conduct drafted with club, with regards to info requests and timescales...amongst other stuff. THis will hopefully embed our expectations and vice versa. Trust also plan to meet Grimsby directors at the away match as they have been highlighted by the FSA, as a good practice club of how their directors work with their trust director.

Its a level of detail that we hope fans can appreciate. The shareholder entitlement on behalf of fans that drives us to get this right....pushing for change from within with this legal entitlement, with now FSA support and the ear of the EFL.

The launch of the PTB, is brilliant as it captures the fan mood with less constrains to be able to "get on with it". We have been poor doing this as we have had to put the hard hats on a get back in to pushing for that entitlement again. We had so high hope in January 2018, we met the owner, we heard his vision, we heard how he wanted to work with the trust and fans...and now we are back on watch again.

So two fan groups, with the same vision of working to protect our club and to make things better for fans- this can only be a good thing.

I have now kidnapped this thread on Trust stuff and it is suppose to be PTB so I will stop now. If anyone has any Trust questions, please put in on the Trust website first as I am not on here all the time, or do at least pin it in the above Trust thread and I will check this first. cheers

29 minutes ago, underdog said:

proposing a code of conduct drafted with club, with regards to info requests and timescales...amongst other stuff. 

My expectation is that they'll have nothing to do with it which will tell us what we already know 

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

My expectation is that they'll have nothing to do with it which will tell us what we already know 

Maybe so Dave, I got the idea from an FSA document and based it on their template. There are codes like this set up at other EFL clubs. We can only give it a shot.

and again I have kidnapped the thread - apologies PTB

On 11/27/2019 at 10:24 AM, TheBigDog said:

PTB have seen proof of funds (shown to us on the evening by the FLG) that would allow the purchase to be completed without any contribution from the wider fanbase.

So in theory Simon Brooke could be AL's landlord. That'd be fun!

On 11/27/2019 at 10:24 AM, TheBigDog said:

Well done to PTB for getting the interview out into the public domain so quickly.

Interesting to read that FLG did have a face to face meeting with the FD and the MD way back in October. 

Question for Adam: The response to the question as to how the ground purchase would be funded ruled out option c).

-  did it also rule out option b)? See below:

You’ve said you’ve agreed in principle a price to buy the footprint of BP from Blitz/Gazal, is this

a) Completely funded by members of the FLG?

b) Part funded by a loan/mortgage that will require repayment inc interest?

c) Funded only if money can be raised from the wider fan base?

If the FLG are hoping to buy BP from their members' funds they are going to need a damn sight  more than the £200K mentioned here -

....we can confirm that the parties in the background are all Oldham Athletic fans and they are looking to contribute substantial funds (and we are talking upto and in excess of £100k).

11 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

If the FLG are hoping to buy BP from their members' funds they are going to need a damn sight  more than the £200K mentioned here -

....we can confirm that the parties in the background are all Oldham Athletic fans and they are looking to contribute substantial funds (and we are talking upto and in excess of £100k).

My impression from what i've read is that they have the funds to purchase on their own however they would look to open it up to the wider fanbase nearer to purchase to buy shares in the stand and effectively, for those who buy shares, we all become AL's landlord!

Might be wide of the mark of course.

45 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

‘There are legitimate business reasons why there are people who have not been named and while frustrating, we want people to respect that, but we can confirm that the parties in the background are all Oldham Athletic fans and they are looking to contribute substantial funds (and we are talking upto and in excess of £100k)’ 

The above is from the Q&A, hope that clears up the £200k comment. 👍

58 minutes ago, Oafc88 said:

My impression from what i've read is that they have the funds to purchase on their own however they would look to open it up to the wider fanbase nearer to purchase to buy shares in the stand and effectively, for those who buy shares, we all become AL's landlord!

Might be wide of the mark of course.

This is from the FLG in response to you and Thebigdog questions 👍

We have shown to PTB that we have funding to complete the acquisition of the stadium. We have always stated that we would secure the funding to complete the purchase and then make shares available to the wider fans base. That remains our plan. Apart from that we have no further comment. 

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

‘There are legitimate business reasons why there are people who have not been named and while frustrating, we want people to respect that, but we can confirm that the parties in the background are all Oldham Athletic fans and they are looking to contribute substantial funds (and we are talking upto and in excess of £100k)’ 

The above is from the Q&A, hope that clears up the £200k comment. 👍

Adam, I worked out the £200K as well.

Not getting at PTB who are doing a great job, or the FLG.  I just don't see the relevance of the FLG pointing out that a couple of their members have £100Kish when BP will cost in the £Millions.  Or an I missing something.

10 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

Adam, I worked out the £200K as well.

Not getting at PTB who are doing a great job, or the FLG.  I just don't see the relevance of the FLG pointing out that a couple of their members have £100Kish when BP will cost in the £Millions.  Or an I missing something.

Wasn’t a dig at you at all laticsblue. Was just clarify the the point of there being more than £200k 😂

Thanks for your comments. We hope by being as open as we are we can get the answers we all want out of the club and anyone else with an interest in the club. 

Any feedback or further questions are always welcomed 👍

Archived