#ReclaimTheFaith

On 11/30/2019 at 10:13 AM, LaticsPete said:

Is there an estimate/expectation/ ambition for the number of people on the protest next Saturday? 

On 11/30/2019 at 10:18 AM, adamoafc said:

At this moment we would expect a minimum of 150 but expect many more than this from the comments received. A number of supporters from Leyton Orient and Bury will also be attending. This is about fans standing as one to show the club we aren’t happy with how things are going. Fans can then either go to the game or not after. We want absent supporters and currently attending ones to stand with us next Saturday. We are in the rifle range from 12 today if anyone is around for a chat 👍 

I would hope for a far bigger number than 150. 

There are a thousand or more who boycott the home games so I am expecting most of them to turn up. Add to that number a few hundred more from those of us who, while not happy with the regime, still go to the games and we could be close to 1500.

For all who are unhappy with the owners this is the opportunity to make our voices heard. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/30/2019 at 11:41 AM, Steve_R said:

30,000  went to  Wembley for the play off final. they didn't boycott that

Very true but I think that’s representative of all football clubs. First time they’ve been to the new Wembley? Either way their average attendances were lower in a promotion season than the previous season. 

Their protests got them to the end goal that they had, hopefully ours will too

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

There are a thousand or more who boycott the home games so I am expecting most of them to turn up. Add to that number a few hundred more from those of us who, while not happy with the regime, still go to the games and we could be close to 1500.

For all who are unhappy with the owners this is the opportunity to make our voices heard. 

Agree with your point, but i hope you are not setting 1,500 as a realistic benchmark.
There was only 1,000 in  2007, and 30 last one.

14 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

11 hours ago, singe said:

Agree with your point, but i hope you are not setting 1,500 as a realistic benchmark.
There was only 1,000 in  2007, and 30 last one.

10 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Course not. He's putting it out there so he can call anything less a failure.

Given that close to 1,000 have registered with PTB and we are being joined by Leyton Orient (and Bury) fans, I believe that a large number is achievable. My original post was designed to draw attention to the potential numbers we could achieve and that this is a huge opportunity for all.

Realistically the final numbers will be lower and hopefully it will be close to the 2007 figure - but to suggest that I am preparing to criticise the turnout is classic @oafcmettylooking for an ulterior motive when none is there.

Next Saturday could be a pivotal day with all who care about the club, whether they boycott the games or not,  joining the protest to demonstrate to the owners the strength of feeling against the way our club is being run and being run into the ground.

Let’s not miss this opportunity.

Well done push the boundary. This is a fantastic start. Should be a good day. 

The request for the club to donate the scarfs to the homeless is a lovely gesture. 

I am attending with my wife and daughters aged 1 and 5.

get involved 

On 12/1/2019 at 7:46 PM, unsworthlatic said:

Very true but I think that’s representative of all football clubs. First time they’ve been to the new Wembley? Either way their average attendances were lower in a promotion season than the previous season. 

Their protests got them to the end goal that they had, hopefully ours will too

Their protests did, but as they are averaging just shy of 18k this season and was 15.6k last time they were in the Championship, it would appear that the 'boycott' began when they were relegated and ended when they won promotion. Funny that.

Anyway, well done so far with what you're doing.

8 hours ago, Steve_R said:

Their protests did, but as they are averaging just shy of 18k this season and was 15.6k last time they were in the Championship, it would appear that the 'boycott' began when they were relegated and ended when they won promotion. Funny that.

Anyway, well done so far with what you're doing.

That would be down to the the larger away followings Steve.

2 hours ago, OAFC1984 said:

Has anyone seen “Jimmy” on twitter - there really are some certifiable odd balls involved with our club...

edit:  just seen “Jenny” who sits in the office next to him too - fuck me 🤦‍♂️

They make ‘The Executioner’ appear perfectly normal ...😮

On 12/3/2019 at 5:42 PM, OAFC1984 said:

Could somebody kindly explain what a “Malpas account is” its a suggestion of who behind the twitter accounts alongside Barry 

The Malpass Accounts was one of Robert Ludlum’s lesser known books. 

It was his sole piece of work wholly written in shit..... 

16 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Please follow the link below to read our latest statement following our protest last weekend #oafc #ReclaimTheFaith

http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/meeting-with-mr-lemsagam-11-12-2019

As always any comments, issues or suggestions feel free to contact us 👍

Brilliant and very well produced update. Thanks lads.

Archived